"Daredevil," Season 3....the best so far, but it might not be enough to save it....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The first episode isn't great....long drawn out whining from Daredevil.....he even has lost his ability to sense things, making him actually blind...but by the 2nd episode it hits it's stride, the come back of King Pin is great...they really know how to use D'onofrio, and I have to say, his character is more interesting than Daredevil...as is often the case that the villain is more interesting than the Hero...

Andrew Klavan talked about his problem in stories where the villain can be more real than the hero, and thus more interesting.....

I don't know if Daredevil will survive, Netflix is cutting the Marvel heroes...and the show lost 1/3 of it's viewers from last season to this season, likely because of the boring 1st episode...but it is worth watching....

They handle Bullseye really well, the fight between the two of them was one of the better Netflix fight scenes...

I think one of the problems of the Netflix Marvel heroes is how depressing and drab they have made the shows.....maybe they can take a look at that....

I like the more grounded heroes of the Netflix shows. It makes them much more relatable. DD and Jessica Jones are more in that category than Iron Fist or Luke Cage were.

I don't know if the shows are going to all get cancelled with the Disney streaming service coming up soon. If that's the case, it's unfortunate. I have great doubt that the Disney streaming shows will have the sort of quality that Netflix has brought.

I enjoyed season 3 of DD. I actually thought some of the fight scenes were less well done than the first 2 seasons, but still a good watch.

I like the more grounded heroes of the Netflix shows. It makes them much more relatable. DD and Jessica Jones are more in that category than Iron Fist or Luke Cage were.

I don't know if the shows are going to all get cancelled with the Disney streaming service coming up soon. If that's the case, it's unfortunate. I have great doubt that the Disney streaming shows will have the sort of quality that Netflix has brought.

I enjoyed season 3 of DD. I actually thought some of the fight scenes were less well done than the first 2 seasons, but still a good watch.

The one big issue I have.....Daredevil wasn't that great a fighter.....wasn't the super sences supposed to make him a vastly superior fighter?

The one big issue I have.....Daredevil wasn't that great a fighter.....wasn't the super sences supposed to make him a vastly superior fighter?

Are you asking as far as the comics are concerned, or the show? In the show he isn't comic-book good, but fighting in comics is ridiculous. In the show they made him a very good fighter, but tried to give at least some sense of realism so that he doesn't just walk around beating the crap out of 30 guys without getting a scratch or even winded. But yes, his enhanced senses are supposed to give him fighting advantages.

when Frank Miller took over the comic in the 80's he thought about that and so created Stick...the blind martial artist who trained young Matt Murdock...

Are you asking as far as the comics are concerned, or the show? In the show he isn't comic-book good, but fighting in comics is ridiculous. In the show they made him a very good fighter, but tried to give at least some sense of realism so that he doesn't just walk around beating the crap out of 30 guys without getting a scratch or even winded. But yes, his enhanced senses are supposed to give him fighting advantages.

They had this issue with Bruce Lee when he was making Fists of Fury..... he defied the director and would take out the low level thugs with one kick.........but he explained to the producer..... if he had to fight all the low level thugs in prolonged fights, then the end boss guy wouldn't be as interesting a fight....You also saw this in Enter the Dragon...

Also, I’m probably in the minority these days, but I much prefer the more serious tone of Daredevil than the joke-a-minute MCU style. Daredevil does have humor, but it’s used much more sparingly. IMO, when the funny moments do come in Daredevil, it makes them more effective. But to each his own.

I do enjoy more lighthearted stuff like Into the Spider-Verse, but I really hate it when Disney won’t let a dramatic moment play out without someone cracking a joke.

Forum List

Back