Daredevil...any thoughts...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Saw a clip of Netflix's Daredevil....seemed...amateurish to me.....the scene where he is hitting the guy.....you would think it was some fan movie on youtube....hopefully it is better than it looks.....

Saw a clip of Netflix's Daredevil....seemed...amateurish to me.....the scene where he is hitting the guy.....you would think it was some fan movie on youtube....hopefully it is better than it looks.....
some of the fanboy movies are better or as good as some of the movies....

I was just talking to Harry about it. I think it looks good based on the trailers. His costume seems to be based on Frank Miller's origin storyline "The Man Without Fear", which was one of my favorite comics as a kid. It will be the first R-rated MCU stories too.

Frank Miller is getting a lot of play nowadays with Zach Snyder basing the Batman v. Superman movie off his Dark Knight Returns storyline too..

I was just talking to Harry about it. I think it looks good based on the trailers. His costume seems to be based on Frank Miller's origin storyline "The Man Without Fear", which was one of my favorite comics as a kid. It will be the first R-rated MCU stories too.

Frank Miller is getting a lot of play nowadays with Zach Snyder basing the Batman v. Superman movie off his Dark Knight Returns storyline too..
i hope they havent fucked up the Batman/Superman thing.....but i fear Snyder and co. may have....Batman was not older than Superman and they were not antagonistic towards each other.....

i hope they havent fucked up the Batman/Superman thing.....but i fear Snyder and co. may have....Batman was not older than Superman and they were not antagonistic towards each other.....

Depending on what story you read, Batman and Superman have been at odds many times. Actually, I'm not much of a Superman fan, but the way the two of them clash has always appealed to me. They represent very different methods to achieve what are often the same ends.

I loved the comic when I was a kid. This didn't look any different then the Ben Afleck stinker!

Depending on what story you read, Batman and Superman have been at odds many times. Actually, I'm not much of a Superman fan, but the way the two of them clash has always appealed to me. They represent very different methods to achieve what are often the same ends.
i was raised reading "Worlds Finest " Comics....those 2 guys were pretty good friends and about the same age.....if someone changed that,then it is an alternate universe,not the original DC Universe,especially the age thing....

I loved the comic when I was a kid. This didn't look any different then the Ben Afleck stinker!

This show is very different from the Affleck movie.

i was raised reading "Worlds Finest " Comics....those 2 guys were pretty good friends and about the same age.....if someone changed that,then it is an alternate universe,not the original DC Universe,especially the age thing....

After....what....70 years of publication for each character? There have been many different versions of Batman and Superman. There have been plenty of clashes between them, some physically (such as in Millers Dark Knight Returns) and some merely conflicts based on the different ways they go about doing what they do. As far as their ages go, I honestly don't care. As long as they are both adults, it's good enough for me.

Batman and Superman can both be good friends and yet still have conflict. Batman is a much darker personality who uses fear to help his fight against criminals. Superman is the boy scout, always doing the 'right thing' no matter the circumstances. Add in things like Batman keeping secret ways to defeat the various heroes he's worked with if it becomes necessary and of course they will sometimes be at odds. :)

The Miller story was supposed to be in the future, and the alien Superman has aged more slowly than the human Batman. It's really not that tough to grasp.

The Miller story was supposed to be in the future, and the alien Superman has aged more slowly than the human Batman. It's really not that tough to grasp.
oh is that what it is?....wow thanks for the info....
rolleyes.gif

One big complaint.......they need to lighten up the sets when they do fight scenes.....it is hard to see what is going on and super hero fights are what this is all about...right? They need to look at the movie Blade...whoever did that movie understood this problem. You had a black actor, in a black costume....so they always had him fighting in a very well lit background.....that way you could actually see what they were doing....

The Batman movies suffered from this as well...

Another thing...for all fight scenes......no up close camera work...I want to see the fight, not an elbow........and no freaking shaky cam....it detracts from the choreography, it doesn't add to it......

One big complaint.......they need to lighten up the sets when they do fight scenes.....it is hard to see what is going on and super hero fights are what this is all about...right? They need to look at the movie Blade...whoever did that movie understood this problem. You had a black actor, in a black costume....so they always had him fighting in a very well lit background.....that way you could actually see what they were doing....

The Batman movies suffered from this as well...

Another thing...for all fight scenes......no up close camera work...I want to see the fight, not an elbow........and no freaking shaky cam....it detracts from the choreography, it doesn't add to it......

They do that because the actors don't really know how to fight, or even make it look as if they do. Gotta figure most of these actors have never really been in a fight in their lives.

Just finished the first episode watching the 2nd.....this show is actually really good......I was surprised......from that clip it didn't look that good, but the show is well written......and the action is fine as well...once they lighten up the background......

Wow....I've watched several episodes...the writing is great, D'nofrio is great as King Pin...who would have thought you could make that character deep........and the whole cast is excellent.......this is a really good show.......can't wait for the other marvel heroes Netflix will do next.......

This would be a perfect format for The Punisher....considering hollywood can't seem to get that done right with 3 failures to date....they need a conservative to do it..........

Forum List

Back