Dare to be like JFK

Yukon

Rookie
Feb 7, 2009
JFK said:

"...if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."..."

I too am a LIBERAL and PROUD of it

JFK said:

"...if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."..."

I wonder if you could explain why Conservatives give more to charity than liberals. Which is cheaper, talk or Liberals?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html

Last edited:
JFK said:

That's one of my favorite quotes.

JFK said:

That's one of my favorite quotes.

It's so deep and full of meaning--:cool:

Yukon is the new Agnapostate. Yukon is entitled to his opinion like every other poster here.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

~Bertrand Russell~

JFK said:

I wonder if you could explain why Conservatives give more to charity than liberals. Which is cheaper, talk or Liberals?
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

Well PC... liberals ARE charitable

With other people's money

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."

~George Washington~

Yet the definition of being liberal in the days of the founding fathers has nothing to do with what modern day liberalism is... much like the term welfare in the constitution is not the definition of social welfare we have today

But go see Don Pardo for some lovely parting gifts

My faith has been the driving thing of my life. I think it is important that people who are perceived as liberals not be afraid of talking about moral and community values.

~Marian Wright Edelman~

Forum List

Back