Danny Glover: Haiti resulted because of climate change failure

:eek: And here I was trying to be all nice and shit. :eusa_eh:

I was being nice! Well... I was trying anyway. I'm told that I am not a nice person, but I try. :)

Immie

You seem to be very nice. Clearly we disagree about what is positive or cooperative, but enjoy your Saturday morning :)

Like I said, I don't know enough about what happened over there to say one way or another.

And don't let the nice guy routine fool ya... I'm a real jerk. Just ask anyone here.

Immie

Danny Glover, went from being an actor to activist to now, and I'm sure that his movies are such huge hits now that he doesn't feel the need to find the nearest camera to make himself look like a fool, like he did in this case. In fact I think the last movie I remember him in, was when Reagan was President and I was still in the Navy. Seems to me that much time goes by sort of says something about a persons acting ability, and if thats the case his opinion on Haiti is about as important as his acting career in the last few years. I'm sure the people in Haiti would like to know that all that climate change caused the earthquake to happen , I wonder where Glover has been when Haiti has been getting hammered by hurricanes for the last several year or does he require a bigger death toll or stage to get on camera.

Clearly you didn't watch the vid or even try to listen to what the man said. He wasn't ON camera, it was a phone recording. Sometimes on threads, its useful to click the link or watch the vid to be sure the content is what the OP claims it is. Sometimes the original poster should do that as well, instead of relying on whatever website they got it from to provide the context.

Danny Glover, went from being an actor to activist to now, and I'm sure that his movies are such huge hits now that he doesn't feel the need to find the nearest camera to make himself look like a fool, like he did in this case. In fact I think the last movie I remember him in, was when Reagan was President and I was still in the Navy. Seems to me that much time goes by sort of says something about a persons acting ability, and if thats the case his opinion on Haiti is about as important as his acting career in the last few years. I'm sure the people in Haiti would like to know that all that climate change caused the earthquake to happen , I wonder where Glover has been when Haiti has been getting hammered by hurricanes for the last several year or does he require a bigger death toll or stage to get on camera.

Clearly you didn't watch the vid or even try to listen to what the man said. He wasn't ON camera, it was a phone recording. Sometimes on threads, its useful to click the link or watch the vid to be sure the content is what the OP claims it is. Sometimes the original poster should do that as well, instead of relying on whatever website they got it from to provide the context.

So your saying it was taken out of context? It sure didn't sound like it to me.
Glover has been a hater of the US for years. He chums with Chavez, and Castro.
What he said wasn't surprising, and just shows how stupid the man is.

Last edited:

What he said wasn't surprising, and just show how stupid the man is.

Turn off everything around you and listen to it word for word. He suggested that the US could be a leader in what he proposes as a new internationalism. I don't see that as being an "America hater." You HAVE to throw communism into it don't you, even if it has nothing to do with the subject. Castro and Chavez have their own countries to run, and their people aren't beholden to the WB or the US to be client states. Chaps your ass? too bad.

Turn off everything around you and listen to it word for word. He suggested that the US could be a leader in what he proposes as a new internationalism. I don't see that as being an "America hater." You HAVE to throw communism into it don't you, even if it has nothing to do with the subject. Castro and Chavez have their own countries to run, and their people aren't beholden to the WB or the US to be client states. Chaps your ass? too bad.

Really it doesn't do much for me, because I know enough about him.
I'm wondering about you, Barb, your one of the few on this board, and maybe the only one to defend his sorry ass.
But we have talked before, and I said you have no bounds, and this just reinforces my belief about you. Have a good evening young lady.

Really it doesn't do much for me, because I know enough about him.
I'm wondering about you, Barb, your one of the few on this board, and maybe the only one to defend his sorry ass.
But we have talked before, and I said you have no bounds, and this just reinforces my belief about you. Have a good evening young lady.

As I told my mother once upon a time, "Just because they aren't yours, doesn't mean they don't exist." Whose "sorry ass" do you refer to? Chavez, Castro, or Glover? You have a nice night yourself.

How could you even understand a single word he said er mumbled?

Immie

The audio wasn't the best, he was on the phone. I did get what he said though, and I'll paraphrase where I think people are getting confused about the connections he made. He said that disasters on this scale could happen anywhere, for instance due to climate change, then he went on to explain that the international response to this, and that the US could take the lead, could result in a new and better type of internationalism, a positive one, like what we saw in Copenhagen.

Okay, thanks for that, because I could not make it out.

And... I know I will get in trouble for this, but who cares, it is Friday Night... I'm not so sure Copenhagen was a positive.

{ducks and covers while confessing sins just in case}

Immie

Copenhagen was just the first publicized new wave gathering of new corporations that have made the moron Al Gore rich beyond any other tree hugging bastard. Do you think nature freaks are the ones that paid him for speaking to the point that he is worth over $500,000,000?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ft5JkNWJA&feature=player_embedded

Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?” His obscene opinion would be bigger news if Glover had – in the manner of others – idiotically blamed a less-fashionable deity.

PACT WITH GAIA | Daily Telegraph Tim Blair Blog

You knew it was only a matter of time before the climate change screwballs crawled out of their holes.:lol:

Danny Glover is living proof that you can be a fucking moron and still make a lot of money.

So all you morons out there, take heart you too can aspire to be as fucking stupid as Danny.

Last edited:

Barb, that was the SECOND time I listned to it, to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I was correct I didnt. First of all " GritTV" is on youtube and in order it to be displayed it would require a camera. Someone called Glover, or Glover called them i.e. he was on Camera with the host of the show, I suggest that maybe you watch it again as it wasn't a play back from a phone recording that Danny Glover made. It was an on-camera phone interview with Danny Glover. I suggest you listen to it again. starting at the 2:06 mark in the video Barb.

" All is hell because of Global Warming, All is hell because of Climate change" ...........

Climate change causes earthquakes?
Bullshit!
We really need to fix our broken schools.

GAIA was listening to NPR the other day and realized that we (filthy fucking humans) had failed to make any kind of actual progress in Copenhagen. So, GAIA got all PMS'ed the hell out and decided, "I'll show those filthy human being critters! I'll rock Haiti and kill maybe a couple of hundred thousand human beings!"

Danny Glover apparently thinks of Mother Earth (that's Ms. GAIA to you, please) as a psychopathic mass murdering bitch.

Forum List

Back