Danish's caricatures of the Prophet Mahomet and reactions of Muslims countries

Discussion in 'Europe' started by padisha emperor, Feb 2, 2006.

1. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    http://www.natashatynes.org/newswire/2006/01/norwegian_magaz.html

Here is a link with a lot of informations links abot this event.

http://www.einnews.com/denmark/

The french newspapper FRANCE SOIR decided to publish these caricatures tuesday, and received also anger from muslim countries.
    Now, in Tunisia, FRANCE SOIR is retired from the shops. In a lot of countries, FRANCE SOIR is forbidden.
    The European Union's embassy of a muslim country has been attacked by islamists.

And in Palestine, the fundamentalist islamists say that every Danish, Norwegian and French on their soil will be considered as target.

This story, began like a joke, has now extremly serious consequences. Death thread are on Danish, Norwegian and French.

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I expect those countries that the Muslims have cited will be surrendering shortly. (That is sarcasm PE so dont get yer panties in a wad)

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Amazing how a few picture jokes will ferret out all the radicals we have yet to deal with. "Everyone who supports terrorism against the west, please raise your hands."!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    It's all part of the plot to identify and then crush our enemies....and they try to tell us Bush is stupid!

5. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    If the Muslims werent so Hypocriticle maybe they would be taken a little more seriously. the Islamic faith feels that it can SHIT on every other religion out there but when they decide to push back a little look out we might have to have a "Jihad".

HYPOCRITICLE BASTARDS ONE AND ALL!!!!! :bsflag:

6. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I understood, thanks ;) :D

It's disturbing me. Islam prohibe pictures of the Prophet. Well. But if a NON-Muslim draw him, Muslims should consider that the non-muslim is not linked with these obligations. I didn't take these pics as unrespect. it was humourours caricatures, not an attack against Mahomet.

When people caricatures Jesus, God, Moise, Abraham...there's no problem, Christians don't call to the WAR and Muslims laugh.
    It should be the same when the "target" is Mahomet.
    What about the freedom of expression ? The Danish, Norwegian and French newspappers who published these pics are under the protection of the article 10 of the European Convention of the Human Rights of 11/4/1950.

i understand they are against these pics, but they shouldn't have a reaction so......hardcore...calling to the murder of Danish, Norwegian and French is too much.
    And also the call to the boycott of danish products and goods. It's stupid. (but here I can't avoid to think about the US boycott of the French products, a stupid thing too.)

So, Religion should be respected, but here there is really a disproportion between the pics and the reaction of the muslim countries. Denmark made public apologizes, it should be enough, these countries should accept it and stop their madness here.

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    This should be your first hint that the Islamic religion and those that believe in it are not rational....they have said many many times they want non Muslims dead. How many do they have to kill before you believe it. I have to wonder how far is the stretch from "Pictures of the Prophet are prohibited" to "All non Islamic religions are prohibited". If the Europeans cave on this, I bet it wont be very long at all before Muslims demand that all crosses on Christian churches be taken down and that all women, regardless of religion, must be covered from head to toe. I also bet it wont be long before the Islamic religious police begin patrolling the streets of Europe and stoning the infidels....anyone want to put some money on that?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Well my understanding and I do remember seeing those cartoons long ago, is that they were originally published in September of '05. Some Danish muslims complained, but that was about it, outside of the blogosphere.

Now this heating up? Unplanned, I think not. Here:

http://counterterror.typepad.com/the_counterterrorism_blog/2006/02/fabricated_cart.html
    BTW PE, I AM very glad to see the European papers finally awakening to the threat that has been and will continue to confront them. It's a shame the La Soir editor was fired, but hopefully a non-Egyption publisher will pick him up. :thup:

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    There is going to be fallout on the Islamics for this. Just not subtle enough to allow sleeping dogs to sleep. Links at site:

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2006/01/real-reason-arab-muslims-are-attacking.html

10. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/images/sturmer/ds1.jpg
    http://www.rabenclan.de/attachments/Magazin/JensScholzAntisemitismus_Ritualmord.jpg

From another time....
    Actually, i have not seen propaganda material from the arab world in present time. But i think and it is for sure they have even more worse material aquevalent for "the West" then shown in the danish paper.
    This is a discussion worth to talk about, too. But going back in Europe is another thing.

Painting Mohammed is not forbidden, as you can see from the collection of the Topkapi-Palace.
    But you aren't allowed to give Mohammed a face.
    Look yourself.

http://www.ee.bilkent.edu.tr/~history/ottoman33.html

At Padishah-Emperor:
    Yes. you are right. When it is up to me, everyone can paint Mohammeds face by himself at home, on the Street, at the bazaar. Where anyone wants. Freedon of expression.
    But publishiing this in newspapers has another quality. You have to assume that a muslim (and yes, his religion forbids him Mohammed to be seen by face), has abonnement of this paper or buys it in a market. So this is disrespect from the beggining.

Danish Newspaper apologized. OK. Danish Newspaper said everything what it didn't wanted to express by these pictures. But they haven't said, what they wanted to express.
    When you look to the pictures it is anyway clear what they wanted to say.

Here comes the first 2 pictures i posted above, from another time, into the debate.
    MAybe those pictures were also humour? Also in that time, these painters could have painted jews in that way at home, at the streets. But they painted it in newspapers to have that picture a prejdiced effect.

Why didn't Danish newspaper didn't portrayed a Imam? Imam to be painted is not forbidden. So why not painmting Imam, but painting a forbidden face, when you know it will be trouble after that?
    This is disrespect to the prophet and very generalizing.

Danish newspaper should have painted a picture like this:

10.000.000 Muslim-Faces, where one face has a bomb as a hat. This would be more realistic. Or would it not?