Daniels Not Running

It's funny...

Hard to think of an easier president to unseat than Obama.

Then again, hard to think of which of the current clowns in the Republican party could do it. They remind me of that car at the circus that pulls up and like a hundred clowns all get out, and they keep coming out and coming out.

Another one bites the Dust. They are all afraid to take on the tea baggers.

Daniels is someone that can work out compromises between rivals.
We could have used that.
Unless something changes fast, Obama will be President again. As with President Bush's 2nd election - people will choose familiar over unfamiliar if both are equally crappy.

Again with Bush's 2nd election - it was the Democrats who couldn't muster a good candidate, now it is the Republicans who can't.

there is plenty of time.

Of course. There is always the chance that "the Gipper" is bought back to life...:clap2:

Daniels is someone that can work out compromises between rivals.
We could have used that.
Unless something changes fast, Obama will be President again. As with President Bush's 2nd election - people will choose familiar over unfamiliar if both are equally crappy.

Again with Bush's 2nd election - it was the Democrats who couldn't muster a good candidate, now it is the Republicans who can't.

there is plenty of time.

Of course. There is always the chance that "the Gipper" is bought back to life...:clap2:

Even if he weren't he could still beat Obama if he were on the ticket. And do a better job governing.

I say to Gov. Mitch "Did Matt Howard and Butler quit because their girlfriends said they didn't want their lives in the public?" :)

I wonder if Daniels would shoot better than 18%.

I do believe that Daniels, in his mind, traded the fame of running a close election bid, whether he won or not, for a more "normal" life with his family.

One former Indiana governor, Ed Whitcomb, (1968-1972) is over 90 years old and lives in a town of 300 population, Rome, Indiana, on the Ohio River in Perry County (half way between Evansville and Louisville). I was able to walk up to him one day at another couples' anniversary celebration that I was not invited to and discuss the politics of the 70's because he is a very friendly guy. He showed me the one public building in Rome that was no longer in use and how he had remodeled an old home on the river. He is the guy behind the book "Escape from Corregador(sp?)" He was elected governor because of his military background as a prisoner of war and his brave brave battle to fight for his freedom. He never did anything because someone asked him to do it. He was never in line with the Nixon administration and was against big government on many fronts. This was at a time that big government was not all that unpopular for Republicans too.

But back to Gov. Mitch. He was really good at selling stuff to other politicians but he also has rammed a lot of stuff down the throats of Dems. The headline in the Indy Star said that "I love my country. I love my family more."

I hope Gov. Mitch gets a job where he can benefit the nation by cutting more and more costs that nobody else likes to cut. He is extremely good at that. The children, not just his own, will remember him for years and years and generations to come.

Forum List

Back