Dangerous Chemicals in the Environment

God, you have to be the biggest fucking moron alive. I sure hope you don't reproduce.

"As DDE increased through the lower layers of the deposit, beetles showed up less often in the birds' diets and true bugs became more common, the researchers report online today in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B. This result agrees with other reports that DDT is hard on beetles, while true bugs can evolve resistance quickly. The change in diet may also help explain why chimney swifts have declined so precipitously, Nocera says."

Hmmm, wonder what other bugs can evolve resistance quickly...

"Canadian surveys have found that the number of chimney swifts dropped 95% between 1968 and 2005. Some researchers have suggested that part of the reason is that chimneys like this one, swifts' preferred habitat, have been capped or redesigned, making it harder for birds to get in. But the new work suggests that the decline may be diet related. Beetles generally contain more calories than do true bugs. Swifts need a ton of energy—they spend a lot of time on the wing, looking for food. A change in their diet, like substituting less-nutritious true bugs, could have a big impact. DDT was banned in the 1970s, but the beetles never seem to have gotten back their original place in the food web, Nocera says."

Clues to Species Decline Buried in Pile of Bird Excrement - ScienceNOW

And before man, extinctions were very slow and took millions of years. You really are completely mis-informed. Holy shit...

Humans driving extinction faster than species can evolve, say experts | Environment | The Guardian

1. Gee.....can't tell you how impressive it is when you use that really 'manly' language.

Feeling inadequate?

Made a fool of?

2. And so glad to see you've provided your best possible argument....complete with terms like "may also " and "...researchers have suggested that part of the reason..." and "...the new work suggests..." and "...could have a big impact..."

Heck...that kind of slippery terminology is good enough to convince a moron like you, huh?

Did you look for words like 'proves'? No? Idiot.
Hey....be sure you take an adult with you if you have to sign any contracts.

Oh, please.....big bad man....use some more of those nasty words to prove how smart you are! Pleeeeaaassse.

3. " before man, extinctions were very slow and took millions of years."
How do you know if they're extinct.

Here's basic biology, dim-wit: no one uses 'food chains' as necessary for survival of organisms.

Food webs.

Know what that means?

Didn't think so.

4. One more necessary point in your education?

Rachel Carson’s book was dismissed in ‘Science’ magazine as a “prosecuting attorney’s impassioned plea for action,” not a book based on scientific data.
I.L.Baldwin, “Chemicals and Pests,” Science, September 28, 1962, p.1042-1043.

What have we learned?
That you are the biggest fool of the day....and you know it....thus the vulgar post to hide the fact that you've been led around by the ring in your nose.

Hey...I looked up 'low information voter'...and it had your picture.

What have we learned?
That you are the biggest fool of the day....and you know it....thus the vulgar post to hide the fact that you've been led around by the ring in your nose.

What we learned, dear, is that you have some "books" right wing "pholosophers" *snort* that print ridiculous strings of words (that aren't even believable to a thinking person) that you have filled your head with to the extent that you have no original thoughts of your own, nor capacity for real learning or intellectual curiosity. I could present scientific experiments, findings, hell... my own lab-work at dairies, a wastewater treatment plant and a veterinary vaccine company, and you still would hold onto your BREATHTAKING ignorance. I will not argue with stupidity anymore, and you are beyond stupid. You actually have some intellect in there, but, you don't use it for anything useful. Keep on believing your drivel. but luckily, more people like me know better.

ps. I'm female, you silly ****.

*I* am the low information voter? Hilarious...

Last edited:
PC is the type of rightwingnut pseudointellectual that William Buckley loved to take apart. Full of words and philosophical falsities, with no connection to reality whatsoever.

What have we learned?

What we learned, dear, is that you have some "books" right wing "pholosophers" *snort* that print ridiculous strings of words (that aren't even believable to a thinking person) that you have filled your head with to the extent that you have no original thoughts of your own, nor capacity for real learning or intellectual curiosity. I could present scientific experiments, findings, hell... my own lab-work at dairies, a wastewater treatment plant and a veterinary vaccine company, and you still would hold onto your BREATHTAKING ignorance. I will not argue with stupidity anymore, and you are beyond stupid. You actually have some intellect in there, but, you don't use it for anything useful. Keep on believing your drivel. but luckily, more people like me know better.

ps. I'm female, you silly ****.

*I* am the low information voter? Hilarious...

I had a great time eviscerating you in post #81.....

...wise move note trying to respond to it.

But....you certainly have proven what a disgusting low-life you are.
A tribute to your side of the debate.

"I will not argue with stupidity anymore, and you are beyond stupid."
Otherwise known as 'the advance to the rear.'

And not a moment too soon!

PC is the type of rightwingnut pseudointellectual that William Buckley loved to take apart. Full of words and philosophical falsities, with no connection to reality whatsoever.

Now, now, my pretend-scientist......

....it's painfully obvious why you attempt to turn the debate to moi....you have no way of arguing the rectitude of your flawed position.

You've been totally co-opted by the Left....and,...it may just be sinking in.
True?

On the other hand....I do kinda like being the center of things.
I'm even astonished that there is no action figure of me yet.

Carry on.

had a great time eviscerating you in post #81.....

You eviscerated nothing. I provided examples of well proven by science (and my own scientific experience) while you provided nothing but philosophical randian bullshit that means nothing. Carry on. Like I said, I will no longer debate willfully ignorant nor stupid people, and I won't. There is no use.

Last edited:
I am a lowlife? Really? Coming from the likes of you, that is a compliment, I'm sure. Why don't you move to China where they have zero respect for the environment. I heard they killed all the bees, and some provinces have to pollinate the flowers by hand. You and your ilk should LOVE it there.

Last edited:
had a great time eviscerating you in post #81.....

You eviscerated nothing. I provided examples well proven by science (and my own scientific experience) while you provided nothing but philosophical randian bullshit that means nothing. Carry on. Like I said, I will no longer debate willfully ignorant nor stupid people, and I won't. There is no use.

You provided 'maybe' and 'could be.'

You're a vulgar dunce.

Thanks for proving an avi that incorporates your IQ.

PC, you have no business denigrating anyone's IQ. Yours is abysmal. You take silly quotes out of context and try to apply them to science. In the meanwhile, others here are trying to point out what scientists state. You ignore real science for the mouthings of ignoramous political pundits. That make you on stupid person.

PC, you have no business denigrating anyone's IQ. Yours is abysmal. You take silly quotes out of context and try to apply them to science. In the meanwhile, others here are trying to point out what scientists state. You ignore real science for the mouthings of ignoramous political pundits. That make you on stupid person.

1. "you have no business denigrating anyone's IQ. Yours is abysmal."
This is today's winner in the "Ironic Comment" category.

2. "You take silly quotes out of context and try to apply them to science."
I've challenged you in he past to show such...and, alas, you have been unable to do so.

3. "others here are trying to point out what scientists state"
False.
Those of you on the other side have been taken in, and made fools of. The proof is that none of you has been able to find flaws in my posts.....dozens of such post!

4. "You ignore real science for the mouthings of ignoramous political pundits."
The fundamental error of your vast "error cascade" is the belief that environmentalism is science.
It is not.
It is Leftist collectivist politics dressed up to fool the gullible (raise your hand).

5. "That make you on (sic) stupid person."
So...you think all my various OP's prove me to be stupid?
Well, then what does that say about folks who can't compete with 'em?
Like you.
I have yet to see you provide a rebuttal to any. You merely sink into the
'I hate you' variety of post. True?

If 'stupid' is the top floor, what's the term for basement dwellers?

Now, write soon, y'hear!

You just gave me an idea for an OP on the bogus data they feed you.
Coming soon.

Forum List

Back