Daneil Ellsberg would not survive the Obama admin

Oh my goodness, that has SOOOO much to do with what he did.

Actually, it is. I had a gay soldier in my squad when I was in the army. Didn't want to mess the kid's life up by saddling him with an administrative discharge, so I didn't push it with the C.O. But, boy, was this guy emotionally unsuited for military life.

Other guys in my squad, I'd tell them to do something, they'd be "Yes, Sergeant", this kid went into big drama every time it rained, pretty much.

Eventually, he got AIDS and died.

Somehow, I picture Manning being of the same cloth. He was just going to show those haters... Now he's probably looking at prison for the rest of his life, if he's lucky.

Had a straight member of my command, came off a deployment where he picked up HIV in Thailand...devastated his family and his career. I'm wondering...do you think I should judge all straight sailors by him? Just wondering. Oh, he wasn't very good at his job either...before he was admin'd out.

But was his heterosexuality the core of his instability? Probably not.

I remember the M.P.'s waking me up at 3 AM because this guy was making passes at other guys an the enlisted club, and they beat the shit out of him. Of course, he couldn't tell people and neither could they why there was a fight, because they'd all have been up on charges. But the guys who beat him ended up having to take HIV tests for years, as did the two female medics who patched his sorry ass up.

Now, I think getting rid of DADT was probably the right thing to do, because our society won't tolerate discrimination and DADT was idiotic. But please don't get up here and tell me that letting them be out and proud ain't gonna cause all sorts of problems, because it will.

Manning is proof enough of that.

Forum List

Back