Dana Perino nails Obama on the Bush/gop blame game.

Ummmm....Clinton told Bush that OBL would be his number one national security priority.

Bush ignored OBL until 9-11.

So for Bush to "blame" Clinton, would be a LIE, wouldn't it?

Or perhaps you could detail ONE order given by Bush in regards to OBL that showed he was even aware of the threat?

Jeez. Another LYING CON thread blown to shinola .

Ummmm....Clinton told Bush that OBL would be his number one national security priority.

Or perhaps you could detail ONE order given by Bush in regards to OBL that showed he was even aware of the threat?

lololol the last thing I want to be is a GWB defender but 9/11 occurred less than eight months after Bush's inauguration. Clinton telling Bush to prioritize Bin Laden at that point is equivalent to your sky diving instructor telling you mid-fall to prioritize packing a reserve parachute after he sees your lone parachute has had a total deployment malfunction.

lololol the last thing I want to be is a GWB defender but 9/11 occurred less than eight months after Bush's inauguration. Clinton telling Bush to prioritize Bin Laden at that point is equivalent to your sky diving instructor telling you mid-fall to prioritize packing a reserve parachute after he sees your lone parachute has had a total deployment malfunction.

Um, so 8 months wasn't enough time for Bush to pay attention to OBL?

That's your excuse?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

What else did Bush have going on at the time? A wrecked economy?

PATHETIC!
UTTERLY PATHETIC.

Don't come back here with that weak sauce no more.

I think he was naive enough to think the republicans would drop the rhetoric at least some of the time and lend a hand, took him three years until the debt ceiling fiasco to figure out that the republicans hate him more than they love the country. He also had no idea that the tea party would become such a problem or that the landscape of campaigning would be radically altered by the CU decision. In short I do not think anyone could have predicted the incredible lengths republicans would go to sabotage even their own ideas.

Naive enough to think they wouldnt act like he did during Bushs term? Like EVERY opposing congress has acted?

You really think Obama is pretty stupid huh. Yet you will most likely vote for him.

No congress has ever turned the debt ceiling into a hostage situation and destroyed the budget process perhaps permanently, that may be the most reckless thing I have ever seen any branch of government do. It's something not even republicans could have dreamed of just a couple of years before.

Boy do you have selective memory.

I seem to remember Barry having a super majority and not needing or wanting any help from the Reps. How about "I won. Get in the back of the bus and STFU."

He wasted that SM with that clusterfuck HC bill.

It was only after the Dems got slaughtered in the Nov elections that he found out he NEEDED the Reps.

That must have been a real kick in the teeth especially since he'd been treating them like red headed stepchildren.

As for them arguing on his and Reids bills, thats what they are supposed to do. I'm sure glad Cap and Trade and raising taxes didn't pass muster.

Last edited:

That's your excuse?

PATHETIC!
UTTERLY PATHETIC.

No, eight months was not enough time for GWB to build a time machine and go back to the 90s to talk Clinton out of launching cruise missile attacks on medicine plants and residential areas in Sudan and Iraq which coupled with the US' continued military presence in the Middle East finally had Bin Laden resort to declaring a fatwa against the US in 1996.

The US had been or at least should've been "paying attention" to Bin Laden as a top national security priority for most if not all of Clinton's presidency since OBL was, after all, only waging declared war against the US since '96 and had been targeting the US since 1992: Militant activity of Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The CIA had been authorized by the US Commander in Chief to assassinate Bin Laden starting in 1998. Even then, it was too late and the damage had been done. 9/11 was inevitable.

When it comes to a discussion on the reasons why the economy went kaboom it is natural to to bring his name up. Too many act as if things were just fine the day before Obama took office, they need constant reminding. GWB had a leading role to play in this tragedy in spite of the constant efforts to make him a bit player or even worse, the hero. Any attempt to rewrite history will be resisted. There will not be a day twenty years from now when his legacy has been scrubbed clean like Reagan.

Obama had a filibuster proof house and senate for two full years, he chose not to deal with it, he owns this economy now because of that. So the name George W. Bush should not even come out of their mouths in terms of a blame game. If you are the president, and had two full years of a filibuster proof house and senate and did not do the right thing, it is on you, not the guy who ran shit before you did.

I think the funniest thing about this is that Dana Perino is claiming that Bush "united the nation".

After 9/11 he did, it wasn't until the democrats started playing their games that shit started to fall apart, and they never stopped playing them and still do today.

That's your excuse?

PATHETIC!
UTTERLY PATHETIC.

No, eight months was not enough time for GWB to build a time machine and go back to the 90s to talk Clinton out of launching cruise missile attacks on medicine plants and residential areas in Sudan and Iraq which coupled with the US' continued military presence in the Middle East finally had Bin Laden resort to declaring a fatwa against the US in 1996.

The US had been or at least should've been "paying attention" to Bin Laden as a top national security priority for most if not all of Clinton's presidency since OBL was, after all, only waging declared war against the US since '96 and had been targeting the US since 1992: Militant activity of Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The CIA had been authorized by the US Commander in Chief to assassinate Bin Laden starting in 1998. Even then, it was too late and the damage had been done. 9/11 was inevitable.

Oh, so it's CLINTON'S FAULT for trying to kill OBL and NOT OBL's fault for attacking us?
Gee, I seem to remember this sort of BS going on when all CONZ were screeching "Wag the Dog" about Clinton and OBL. What message did that send? The same one you're sending now. That you side with OBL over your own democrat President.

That's your excuse?

PATHETIC!
UTTERLY PATHETIC.

Oh, so it's CLINTON'S FAULT for trying to kill OBL and NOT OBL's fault for attacking us?
Gee, I seem to remember this sort of BS going on when all CONZ were screeching "Wag the Dog" about Clinton and OBL. What message did that send? The same one you're sending now. That you side with OBL over your own democrat President.

images

Forum List

Back