Dan Savage Wants All Republicans To Die

What did he say to those students that's not true?

Pretty much all of it.

What was the point of all of that bigotry???

I thought he was there to talk about bullying, not castigate Christians.
Bull, he talked a lot about Leviticus and how Christians have ignored all the "sins" listed there, except homosexuality.

I'm sure you can see examples of bad Christians all of the time.

But you want to condemn all of them for it.

People fuck up.

Leviticus talks about the traditions of the tabernacle. How to sacrifice a lamb to God. How much of that has to do with Christians?

Dan Savage talks about corn-holing people, he talks about women using strap-ons and such. What makes him a good example to our children?

Last edited:
Pretty much all of it.

Bull, he talked a lot about Leviticus and how Christians have ignored all the "sins" listed there, except homosexuality.

He speaks too harshly for students of that age, too many "BS" retorts. His audience must be considered.
You think teens never heard "bullshit"?

He speaks too harshly for students of that age, too many "BS" retorts. His audience must be considered.

Some were obviously offended by the BS remarks about the Bible; if large groups of students WALK OUT, he isn't getting the job done.

I'm sure they do. Why don't we us taxpayer's money to bombard them with profanity too.

Is that what you're saying?

It was the context, and reaction that created the problem, and Savage followed up with insults aimed at those who walked out. Anti bullying became an after thought.

Pretty much all of it.

People fuck up.

Leviticus talks about the traditions of the tabernacle. How to sacrifice a lamb to God. How much of that has to do with Christians?

Dan Savage talks about corn-holing people, he talks about women using strap-ons and such. What makes him a good example to our children?
Exactly, it's about ancient customs, none of which apply today, except homosexuality.

People fuck up.

Exactly, it's about ancient customs, none of which apply today, except homosexuality.

I don't think the Bible talks about Homosexuality all that much. It's mentioned when Lott was visited by Angels before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I read your OP and didn't see a quote of him saying that.

Well then follow the links.

I'm not reading them all and am assuming that since you can't quote him saying that you are full of shit.

Kind of sad that you've gotten your panties in a bunch over a gay guy that reasonably thinks Christians won't allow him to be a Christian simply because he's gay.

Okay....be an asshole.

Dan Savage on HBO's 'Real Time': 'I Wish [Republicans] Were All F--king Dead!' | NewsBusters.org

I don't think he wants to be a Christian. I think he wants to train hs students to hate them.

Last edited:
Well then follow the links.

I'm not reading them all and am assuming that since you can't quote him saying that you are full of shit.

Kind of sad that you've gotten your panties in a bunch over a gay guy that reasonably thinks Christians won't allow him to be a Christian simply because he's gay.

Okay....be an asshole.

Dan Savage on HBO's 'Real Time': 'I Wish [Republicans] Were All F--king Dead!' | NewsBusters.org

I don't think he wants to be a Christian. I think he wants to train hs students to hate them.

His remarks should have been calm, and careful, instead he was hostile, from what I've read.

:rolleyes:

Savage, a popular advice columnist, appeared on the popular panel discussion program and when Maher compared congressional Republicans to late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, Savage quipped, "Unfortunately not exactly like him. I wish they were all fucking dead."

OMFG a joke! Maybe we need a law about this, I'm sure the collected Congressional Republicans peed their pants.

Okay....be an asshole.

His remarks should have been calm, and careful, instead he was hostile, from what I've read.

He seems to be a jerk. Obama picked him for a purpose.

Savage, a popular advice columnist, appeared on the popular panel discussion program and when Maher compared congressional Republicans to late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, Savage quipped, "Unfortunately not exactly like him. I wish they were all fucking dead."

OMFG a joke! Maybe we need a law about this, I'm sure the collected Congressional Republicans peed their pants.

I'm sure they did.

Follow the links once you get off your high-horse and read up on him.

He's not exactly the kind of person I want to expose children to.

Here is his apology; Savage ISN'T a cabinet member either. He probably received no training, but its now a TALKING POINT

An Apology
posted by DAN SAVAGE on FRI, JUL 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM
I was on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. I was talking to someone at the party after the show, and they asked me how I thought it went. Okay, I said—and then I told them that I said something really, really stupid, half under my breath, and I was relieved that Bill and the rest of the panel didn't hear it. But folks watching the show at home might have heard it... so... I want to apologize for... um... wishing all Republicans dead.

I don't feel that way. My dad is a Republican. (Well, he says he's an independent, but he hasn't voted for a Democrat since JFK. My dad is a Republican.) I'm fond of Michael Bloomberg and William Weld and Lincoln Chafee, and I wish no harm—save the political variety—on those Republicans I loathe. Even the one Republican I really had it in for once upon a time—Ronald Reagan—managed to outlive my anger.

It was a stupid, rude, thoughtless remark. I regret it and I retract it and I apologize to anyone watching at home—particularly my father (!)—who may have heard me say it. I had a drink before the show—first and last time I've ever done that—but this wasn't a case of, "In vino, veritas."

This was a case of, "In vino, stupidtas."

Last edited:

Here is his apology; Savage ISN'T a cabinet member either. He probably received no training, but its now a TALKING POINT.

Right now he represents Obama.

Maybe not for long if there's a big enough stink about it.

Just one more reason why I don't like the current POTUS.

Forum List

Back