Dan Savage Wants All Republicans To Die

Name any that are alive today.

Othewise STFU.

Btw, the Hebrew Torah condones it....not the New Testament of which Christianity is based.

Any of who, who are alive today?

I'm pointing out that Christianity, historically, has been advocating genocide and slavery. There was a "change" when Pope John Paul..apologized..sorta..for all of that.

They even stopped hating Jews..sort of..

And it's funny you guys think an "I'm Sorry" wipes the slate clean. Especially when many of you are braying about an apology from the Turks about what happened during the Ottamon empire.

Oh..and..genius.

The old testament..is still part of the Christian bible.

If you can name anyone alive today that supported slavery, other than Muslims, feel free.

The Old Testament is the story of the Hebrew people who eventually became the Jews, of which Jesus Christ was......a Jew. And the New Testament, if you ever took time to understand it, became a new covenant for Jews and the Gentiles, and that the old ways didn't apply anymore. That is what Christianity is.

The old ways are history. The only people that stone anyone, or take slaves, or commit genocide for religion are Muslims. And you support them.......today....while they're doing it in Africa as we speak.....

Oh bullshit.

It wasn't that long ago the Nazis were forcing Jews into ovens. You may want to disown that on the part of Christians..but it ain't gonna happen. That was a Christian movement supported by Christian people.

And sure..you find Muslims today engaged in the same sort of bloodthirsty behavior. Who can blame them? You guys? They are reading from the same fucking books.

Religion is nuts. All of them.

And completely.

Any of who, who are alive today?

I'm pointing out that Christianity, historically, has been advocating genocide and slavery. There was a "change" when Pope John Paul..apologized..sorta..for all of that.

They even stopped hating Jews..sort of..

And it's funny you guys think an "I'm Sorry" wipes the slate clean. Especially when many of you are braying about an apology from the Turks about what happened during the Ottamon empire.

Oh..and..genius.

The old testament..is still part of the Christian bible.

If you can name anyone alive today that supported slavery, other than Muslims, feel free.

The Old Testament is the story of the Hebrew people who eventually became the Jews, of which Jesus Christ was......a Jew. And the New Testament, if you ever took time to understand it, became a new covenant for Jews and the Gentiles, and that the old ways didn't apply anymore. That is what Christianity is.

The old ways are history. The only people that stone anyone, or take slaves, or commit genocide for religion are Muslims. And you support them.......today....while they're doing it in Africa as we speak.....

Oh bullshit.

It wasn't that long ago the Nazis were forcing Jews into ovens. You may want to disown that on the part of Christians..but it ain't gonna happen. That was a Christian movement supported by Christian people.

And sure..you find Muslims today engaged in the same sort of bloodthirsty behavior. Who can blame them? You guys? They are reading from the same fucking books.

And completely.

Where does is say in the Bible that all Jews must die???

Jews Read from the first 6 books of the Old Testament and Muslims read a totally different book called the Quran.

I think you need to study some more.

Oh bullshit.

And completely.

Jews Read from the first 6 books of the Old Testament and Muslims read a totally different book called the Quran.

The Quran includes the first 4 books of the old testament. But, when it comes to mass killings, wars, and extremism, land is probably the largest motivation in history.

Sallow sure is doing everything he can to ignore the OP and the now.
Seriously, it's indefensible, so why is Sallow trying to defend it via diversion?

It's been entertaining watching this thread unfold.

Oh bullshit.

And completely.

The Quran includes the first 4 books of the old testament. But, when it comes to mass killings, wars, and extremism, land is probably the largest motivation in history.

The Quran doesn't include the first 4 books of the old testament. They simply tell it a different way. The only way it could be the old testament is if it were a word for word translation. They are similar because Muslims are cousin to the Hebrews. They are a part of the same family tree. The Story of Creation in the Qur'an and Old Testament

Sallow sure is doing everything he can to ignore the OP and the now.
Seriously, it's indefensible, so why is Sallow trying to defend it via diversion?

It's been entertaining watching this thread unfold.

He's moved on to another thread and is trying to confuse the issues there.

He's not smart enough to be any good at this. His goal is simply to change the subject.

The Quran doesn't include the first 4 books of the old testament. They simply tell it a different way. The only way it could be the old testament is if it were a word for word translation. They are similar because Muslims are cousin to the Hebrews. They are a part of the same family tree. The Story of Creation in the Qur'an and Old Testament

Thanks mud; and if Savage makes any more "gaffes" he needs to be out of a job with the administration, in my opinion.

Thanks mud; and if Savage makes any more "gaffes" he needs to be out of a job with the administration, in my opinion.

I wanted point out the kind of people that Obama picks for his administration. This guy has no business being around our children.

I wanted point out the kind of people that Obama picks for his administration. This guy has no business being around our children.

I don't know but I'm sure I'll be learning more about him after this reminder of his statement.

Bullies are a terrible problem in our schools.

Obama picked this guy to be his representative.

Is he concerned about bullies or is he concerned about Christianity in our schools?

220px-Dan_Savage_Provided.jpg

Who is Dan Savage?

He's a friend of our president from Chicago Illinois. He was raised Roman Catholic. At one time he even thought of becoming a priest. He publishes a column in The Onion's A V Club called Savage Love.

Now I don't have any problem with the guy personally, but he did say last year that he wished all Republicans would fucken die. I can see where this comes from. The problem is, he's been seen hanging around the White House.

Screen%20Shot%2020120429%20at%2071656%20AM.png

He is currently heading Obama's anti-bullying called the "It Gets Better Project".

The other day he started ranting in front of a bunch of high schoolers about the Bible to the point where some of them walked out. Anti-Bully Advocate Dan Savage Bullies High School Kids With Profane Bible Rant

There is no way you're going to teach kids to not be bullies if you bully them about the Bible. It seems Mr Savage and the White House feel the only kids that are bullied in schools are gay.

I remember being bullied. It wasn't over my sexuality. It was because some kids feel they're bigger and badder than others and they like to pick on weaker or less aggressive kids.

So Obama claims to be a christian.....and his spokesperson to high school kids is Gay and so anti-Christian that it's pretty obscene.

Makes one wonder where Obama's true thoughts are on homosexuality, or Christianity for that matter, doesn't it????

Btw, Dan Savage has come under fire for something that is common in the Gay-community. It's called biphobia. People that hate bi-sexuals.

Personally I don't think this kind of bigotry belongs in the White House, but it exists. Also, I think this guy is a poor choice by Obama to give speeches to our nation's children. A guy that came up with descriptive words like Saddlebacking, Pegging, Turtling, and Diamondbacking. Look em up if you're interested. They're right up there with Teabagging.

links

Dan Savage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The A.V. Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Savage Love - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What did he say to those students that's not true?

Bullies are a terrible problem in our schools.

Obama picked this guy to be his representative.

Is he concerned about bullies or is he concerned about Christianity in our schools?

Actually, this is TWO inappropriate incidents. A higher up in the chain of command needs to "speak" to Savage. If he can't get with the program, he can find another job.

Who is Dan Savage?

He's a friend of our president from Chicago Illinois. He was raised Roman Catholic. At one time he even thought of becoming a priest. He publishes a column in The Onion's A V Club called Savage Love.

Now I don't have any problem with the guy personally, but he did say last year that he wished all Republicans would fucken die. I can see where this comes from. The problem is, he's been seen hanging around the White House.

He is currently heading Obama's anti-bullying called the "It Gets Better Project".

The other day he started ranting in front of a bunch of high schoolers about the Bible to the point where some of them walked out. Anti-Bully Advocate Dan Savage Bullies High School Kids With Profane Bible Rant

There is no way you're going to teach kids to not be bullies if you bully them about the Bible. It seems Mr Savage and the White House feel the only kids that are bullied in schools are gay.

I remember being bullied. It wasn't over my sexuality. It was because some kids feel they're bigger and badder than others and they like to pick on weaker or less aggressive kids.

So Obama claims to be a christian.....and his spokesperson to high school kids is Gay and so anti-Christian that it's pretty obscene.

Makes one wonder where Obama's true thoughts are on homosexuality, or Christianity for that matter, doesn't it????

Btw, Dan Savage has come under fire for something that is common in the Gay-community. It's called biphobia. People that hate bi-sexuals.

Personally I don't think this kind of bigotry belongs in the White House, but it exists. Also, I think this guy is a poor choice by Obama to give speeches to our nation's children. A guy that came up with descriptive words like Saddlebacking, Pegging, Turtling, and Diamondbacking. Look em up if you're interested. They're right up there with Teabagging.

links

Pretty much all of it.

What was the point of all of that bigotry???

I thought he was there to talk about bullying, not castigate Christians.

Who is Dan Savage?

links

Pretty much all of it.

He drifted into condemnation of gay humans IN the Bible. Not his JOB in any way, shape, or form.

You cannot use the bible to construct policy or legislate.

Correct, or any other religious document or source, for that matter.

In order for a measure to be Constitutional, it must have a secular purpose, its primary goal must not promote or inhibit religion, and there must not be an excessive government entanglement with religion. See: Lemon v. Kurtzman

Where does it say that in the Constitution?

See the cited case law above.

The Bill of Rights gives you freedom to worship as you please. It says nothing about ignoring the Bible (or the Lord that it represents).

The Bill of Rights forbids law-making entities from attempting to codify religious dogma into secular law, including the bible. Laws may neither promote nor forbid religion.

Yes, and Islamic extremists will not tolerate gay humans.

Neither will Christian Extremists.

Sorry, but they aren't hanging them in the square like Iranians are.

But I bet you think they want to.

Funny thing is Obama is kissing both their asses, the Islamic extremists and Gays.

What a strange umbrella this president has. He has the most extreme conservatives on the planet and Gays all under that roof. Christians seem to be caught in the middle.

Not yet. But everybody knows how the right-wing fringe feels about gays, lesbians, and people who Don't Belong Here.

Neither will Christian Extremists.

Sorry, but they aren't hanging them in the square like Iranians are.

But I bet you think they want to.

Funny thing is Obama is kissing both their asses, the Islamic extremists and Gays.

What a strange umbrella this president has. He has the most extreme conservatives on the planet and Gays all under that roof. Christians seem to be caught in the middle.

Not yet. But everybody knows how the right-wing fringe feels about gays, lesbians, and people who Don't Belong Here.

Gotta change the minds, one at a time. It can happen.

You cannot use the bible to construct policy or legislate.

Correct, or any other religious document or source, for that matter.

In order for a measure to be Constitutional, it must have a secular purpose, its primary goal must not promote or inhibit religion, and there must not be an excessive government entanglement with religion. See: Lemon v. Kurtzman

Where does it say that in the Constitution?

See the cited case law above.

The Bill of Rights gives you freedom to worship as you please. It says nothing about ignoring the Bible (or the Lord that it represents).

The Bill of Rights forbids law-making entities from attempting to codify religious dogma into secular law, including the bible. Laws may neither promote nor forbid religion.

Savage is not hired to construct laws nor policies; he is to speak on a subject, but goes too far off topic, and offends some of the students. If it continues, he needs to be replaced. One can advocate tolerance WITHOUT insulting any person's faith.

Last edited:

Who is Dan Savage?

links

Pretty much all of it.

Bull, he talked a lot about Leviticus and how Christians have ignored all the "sins" listed there, except homosexuality.

Pretty much all of it.

Bull, he talked a lot about Leviticus and how Christians have ignored all the "sins" listed there, except homosexuality.

He speaks too harshly for students of that age, too many "BS" retorts. His audience must be considered.

Forum List

Back