Dan Rather says..."prove me wrong".

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I was just watching Scarborough Country and apparently Dan Rather has challenged everyone else to prove him wrong. Keep in mind,it is a journalists duty as Joe S. would say,to prove his info to be true. This is the conversation Joe S. just had with Bernie Goldberg,author of "Arrogance",a book about Liberal bias in the media. Gee,I wonder why he called his book that? I want to see Rather go down. He is far from a real journalist. :spank3:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5989395/

Lol even the top liberals have the "prove my Bullshit wrong" mentality. I apologize to all the token liberals on this board who i thought were just acting childish. Now i realize they are just following their party's leaders and icons. :lame2:

krisy said:
I was just watching Scarborough Country and apparently Dan Rather has challenged everyone else to prove him wrong. Keep in mind,it is a journalists duty as Joe S. would say,to prove his info to be true. This is the conversation Joe S. just had with Bernie Goldberg,author of "Arrogance",a book about Liberal bias in the media. Gee,I wonder why he called his book that? I want to see Rather go down. He is far from a real journalist. :spank3:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5989395/

This logic seems much akin to Bush vis-a-vis National Guard service. He makes statements about his Guard Service, and when holes appear, exposed by the media, conservatives take the "prove us wrong" approach. Instead, why doesn't Bush "prove himself right" by identifying people he served with at Dannelly in the latter half of '72. Same logic, right? Except Bush doesn't have the integrity of a journalist. Well, not counting Dan Rather. Or Robert Novac. Or Bill O'Rielly. Or Ron Suskind. Or Sean Hannity.

nakedemperor said:
This logic seems much akin to Bush vis-a-vis National Guard service. He makes statements about his Guard Service, and when holes appear, exposed by the media, conservatives take the "prove us wrong" approach. Instead, why doesn't Bush "prove himself right" by identifying people he served with at Dannelly in the latter half of '72. Same logic, right? Except Bush doesn't have the integrity of a journalist. Well, not counting Dan Rather. Or Robert Novac. Or Bill O'Rielly. Or Ron Suskind. Or Sean Hannity.

You are unfreakin believable. Bush releases ALL of his guard records 3 separate times for ALL to see PROVING for all that have a freaking brain that he served not only his alotted amount of time, but then some in flight training and service in the Air force as well as the Air National Guard. The only problem lies with liberals who can't seem to let it go. Its one note they can't seem to hit right but insist on trying it till they get it right or fake it (ala the forged documents at CBS).

Yet you'll wonder why you lose in a landslide in november when youve been pushing Kerry as a Vietnam War hero and Bush as aVietnam deserter 30 years after that war ended. :boohoo:

nakedemperor said:

Surely you jest? Tell your friend McAulliffe that the 60 Minutes story is a crock of shit. No matter how much you guys will it to be true, dead horses don't walk.

I guess there's a lot to be said for sheer audacity. This guy makes a thirty-year carrer out of presenting the worst kind of madly spinning propoganda as objective fact. Now, he's been caught dead to rights, and has the gall to say, "prove me wrong"!

I truly believe that he is arrogant and contemptuous enough to believe he can brazen his way out of this. Maybe he's right.

As I recall the last person to issue such a challenge to the press
was Gary Hart. If the press takes R up on his challenge he's toast.
Maybe he's ready to retire and needs to break a contract..
this'll do it.

Mr. P said:
As I recall the last person to issue such a challenge to the press
was Gary Hart. If the press takes R up on his challenge he's toast.
Maybe he's ready to retire and needs to break a contract..
this'll do it.

I've been thinking the same thing. If a journalist is willing to sacrifice his credibility in such an arrogant matter this will follow him the rest of his life. What important story is he going to be assigned from here on out?

Actually what Im wondering is this...Isn't in incumbat upon any journalist to prove the authenticity of his/her documents, especially when leveling such a charge at a President, not for us to prove they are false????
That's like going into a court of law with the assumption that someone is guilty and they need to prove their innocence.

Rather by doing this is the epitome of ARROGANCE!!!!

Bonnie said:
Actually what Im wondering is this...Isn't in incumbat upon any journalist to prove the authenticity of his/her documents, especially when leveling such a charge at a President, not for us to prove they are false????
That's like going into a court of law with the assumption that someone is guilty and they need to prove their innocence.

Rather by doing this is the epitome of ARROGANCE!!!!

Exactly Bonnie. I don't know all the ins and outs of journalism,but I do know that it is THEIR job to make sure they are 100% right. We have no obligation to prove them wrong,other than what anyone would like to do in G.W.'s defense. Dan has failed miserably at his job. He can't report without being one sided. Journalists are supposed to be fair,unless you are a commentator such as O'Reilly or Hannity ,or Colmes,which We all know Rather is not.

insein said:
Lol even the top liberals have the "prove my Bullshit wrong" mentality. I apologize to all the token liberals on this board who i thought were just acting childish. Now i realize they are just following their party's leaders and icons. :lame2:

the 'prove me wrong' mentality was, and still is, a cornerstone of the weapons of mass destruction in iraq issue.

The prove me wrong theory was also a big player in the witch hunts of another era, not to mention the Inquisition.

CSM said:
The prove me wrong theory was also a big player in the witch hunts of another era, not to mention the Inquisition.

and many more things as well. is humanity doomed to suffer from its inability to learn from history?

DKSuddeth said:
and many more things as well. is humanity doomed to suffer from its inability to learn from history?

Don't know about all of humanity but there's a hell of a lot of people with their heads in the sand. Fantasy Island !!!!!!!!!!!!! de plane de plane !!!!!!!

nakedemperor said:

That is such a joke. You know Rather has been caught and exposed and you can't stand it. If I'm correct,hasn't Bush signed the papers to have everything released? Not to mention, a lot of journalists in this day and age have absolutely no idea what they are doing.Bush didn't bring the issue up,Kerry and his left wing buddy Dan Rahter did,so let us not be fooled intothinking it'sBush's job to prove anything.

it is a bit odd that the story of the false memo's is now bigger than GWB's service.

re: holes in GWB's statements about his service...

Think back 40 years ago. 30 years ago. I'd bet most of you can't remember that far back because you weren't born. Even being only 10 years departed from Germany I'd bet I can't recollect every aspect of my service there. I think I qualified Expert on the SAW machine gun. It would not surprise me if somebody could produce a qual-card showing I qualified 'sharpshooter' at least once. I attained the rank of SGT/E5 while serving...although when I left service, I was an E4. When people ask "So, what Rank were you when you were in?" I generally answer 'E5'. Again, Dan Rather could find records showing I was also an 'e4'. Does that mean I was 'lying' about my service? Not in the least. Innaccurate? could be.

For those lost in the details; here's the point:

get ready...

got a pen?

maybe some paper?

Nobody remembers everything perfectly. Nobody 30 year departed from service has their records memorized. Both sides need to stop fine-tooth-combing military records, and start paying MORE attention to 'recent' history. A man is better defined by who he is TODAY. TODAY GWB has 4 years experience as a superb commander-in-chief. He's shown 4 years of leadership; willing to take on the hard fight to keep our nation safe. Kerry has shown 20 years of indecision. 20 years of transparent political opportunism.

There are of course 'other' issues, than National Security. But none so important. As 11 Sep showed us, losing ground in the GWOT can adversely affect other aspects of life; economy...health...etc.

The 'fake memos' are a CBS problem, along with anyone that 'passed them on', assuming that CBS/Rather didn't forge them. Bush's record has been attacked in each election, each time the voter's rejected that as an argument, as they would have the Swiftboats, IF Kerry hadn't chosen to center his campaign on his service.

DKSuddeth said:
the 'prove me wrong' mentality was, and still is, a cornerstone of the weapons of mass destruction in iraq issue.

Not even close. WMD in Iraq is not a 'prove me wrong' issue. Again, Saddam was responsible to prove he did NOT possess WMD. He failed to comply. As part of his failure to comply, a coalition of forces was forced to prove one way or another, whether Saddam possessed illegal weapons. We've clearly seen his intent to pursue WMD; his desire to sneak around the regulations. Everyone admits Saddam 'had' WMD - the question remaining is 'where did he hide them?'

:)

Forum List

Back