Dan Rather Discover channell

Sep 12, 2008
Dan Rather is suing CBS over the forged document case that got him fired. He is alleging fraud by CBS. He should know. Part of the legal process is the process of discovery, where CBS is obliged to give Rather documents relating to his dismissal. Lawyers transferred 3000 documents to Rather's lawyers.

According to the Wall Street Journal among the documents were
BOTWT said:
Wow, Dan Rather is going to have more than 3,000 documents. Among them, we hear, are Edward R. Murrow’s Twitter feed from World War II, a Photoshopped image of JFK’s assassination, and Walter Cronkite’s PowerPoint presentation on the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Dan Rather is suing CBS over the forged document case that got him fired. He is alleging fraud by CBS. He should know. Part of the legal process is the process of discovery, where CBS is obliged to give Rather documents relating to his dismissal. Lawyers transferred 3000 documents to Rather's lawyers.

According to the Wall Street Journal among the documents were
BOTWT said:
Wow, Dan Rather is going to have more than 3,000 documents. Among them, we hear, are Edward R. Murrow’s Twitter feed from World War II, a Photoshopped image of JFK’s assassination, and Walter Cronkite’s PowerPoint presentation on the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Link it up.

I actually met DR once... he seemed like a very sincere guy. It seems to me that some 1 in his position has to rely on his assistants to make sure the i's are dotted and t's are crossed, so I don't think it's necessarily fair that he was dismissed because is helpers didn't do their homework.

I actually met DR once... he seemed like a very sincere guy. It seems to me that some 1 in his position has to rely on his assistants to make sure the i's are dotted and t's are crossed, so I don't think it's necessarily fair that he was dismissed because is helpers didn't do their homework.
Do some research on a report he did concerning a supposed 'Nam vet.

Rather knew that the "facts" he reported were outright fabrication.

Sincere as he may have seemed, Rather is a pure fraud.

thats part and parcel of his fraud

I'm not so sure. I think as someone in his position he relies on his staff. He did strike me as being a Lib, but I still think that agenda aside he believes in what he's saying. All I'm getting at is that he shouldn't have been fired over the Swift Boat thing. I think it would be difficult for him to personally vet all the information that he's given, and holding him responsible for others mistakes doesn't seem fair.

Personally, I don't have any particular love for the guy, but I don't think it's fair to hold someone responsible for someone else's fuck up.

The guy who puts his face in front of the camera and mic is the last word.

His face and voice go out over the airwaves.....His credibility goes out over the airwaves.

The buck stops there.

Has Rather chosen accountability, or shifting of blame??

I'm not so sure. I think as someone in his position he relies on his staff. He did strike me as being a Lib, but I still think that agenda aside he believes in what he's saying. All I'm getting at is that he shouldn't have been fired over the Swift Boat thing. I think it would be difficult for him to personally vet all the information that he's given, and holding him responsible for others mistakes doesn't seem fair.

Personally, I don't have any particular love for the guy, but I don't think it's fair to hold someone responsible for someone else's fuck up.
he wasnt fired over the swift boat thing
he was fired for using forged documents as real
and for basically doing a piss poor hatchet job on Bush

I have also heard he is personally a very nice dude, very considerate to those around him. Rather, like Nixon, seems to inspire fanatical devotion by his staff.

What got Nixon into trouble was a bit of loyalty down that broke the law, and a over reaching sense of his own self importance, and a belief that if his goals were good, legal niceties were irrelevant. Which seems to have what happened to Rather as well. Only Rather does not have the excuse he was fishing idiot staff out of trouble.

CBS and Rather claimed they verified the wazoo out of the TANG case, but the documents were forgeries on their face. It really wasn't a staffing matter, but very much Dan Rather exclusively being responsible for this.

And ultimately, it is the rule that the master is responsible for the action of the servant doing things with his authority.

only good till noon today, where it goes off into the history file
BOTWT is a daily satire piece in the Wall Street Journal.

Forum List

Back