Damn!!!

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
We just had a plane crash not even a quarter of a mile from my house, I new that damn plane didn't sound right! I'll be back to report going for a ride!

Trinity said:
We just had a plane crash not even a quarter of a mile from my house, I new that damn plane didn't sound right! I'll be back to report going for a ride!
Saw it on the news but didn't catch where it was; 2 were killed. Glad YOU'RE safe.

Joz said:
Saw it on the news but didn't catch where it was; 2 were killed. Glad YOU'RE safe.

It's over on Maple Grove, Which is like a hop, skip, and a jump from my house!

I find out it was a pilot instructor and his student, they are securing the area now.

Trinity said:
It's over on Maple Grove, Which is like a hop, skip, and a jump from my house!

I find out it was a pilot instructor and his student, they are securing the area now.

Wow... I'm glad your house/family is safe.

Thanks!

I am just glad they didn't crash right by me. I have those large power lines that run close by my house, man that would have been a scary thought!

Flight Instructor, Student Die In Crash
Plane Goes Down In Brown County

MOUNT ORAB, Ohio -- A flight instructor and a male student were killed when their small plane crashed in Brown County Monday afternoon, News 5 reported.

Crystal Bowers, who lives about 100 yards from the crash site, said she was gardening when she heard the plane's engine sputter and looked up to see it spiraling toward her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slideshow: Exclusive Images From Sky 5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I didn't know if it was going to hit my house. I didn't know if I was going to run or what I was going to do," she said. "Then it just slammed into the ground."

The plane bore a University of Cincinnati logo, News 5's Emily Longnecker reported from the scene.

Neighbors said UC Clermont College runs a flight program out of the Clermont County Airport and they often see planes from the program, Longnecker reported.

UC deferred comment to the Federal Aviation Administration.

FAA investigators were still inspecting the wreckage several hours after the 1 p.m. crash. The bodies were still in the fuselage, Longnecker reported.

Names of the victims had not been released.

The plane, a 1977 Cessna 152, went down in a field off Maple Grove Road, just west of Mount Orab.

The plane was owned by Eastern Aviation, located at the Clermont County Airport in Batavia.

The plane was nose down when it hit the ground, said Lt. Brian Rhodes of the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

The nose disintegrated and the wings were in pieces.

The victims died on impact, Rhodes said.

Stay tuned to News 5 and refresh ChannelCincinnati.com for updates.

Copyright 2005 by ChannelCincinnati.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Don't know if it was 1 or 2 engines.

The airport they are talking about is about 10 minutes from me. However we do have a landing strip about 3 minutes from my house.

Trinity said:
Flight Instructor, Student Die In Crash
Plane Goes Down In Brown County........
Slideshow: Exclusive Images From Sky 5
Wow. I saw one of the pics.

Joz said:
Wow. I saw one of the pics.

Yeah I'm not surprised no one survived, I got to see the plane and I didn't even have to get out of the truck!

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4367453/detail.html#

Here is 1 of the pics, if you look at the power lines as far back as you can see, then move over to the center more that is one of the big power lines and my house is to the right about 3 of those power lines.

Here mom4, found out victims names hope this isn't the guy your hubby knows!

Officials identified the student pilot as 19-year-old Jonathan Miles, of Delhi, and the commercial pilot and instructor as 21-year-old Michael Moreland, of Anderson Township.

Thank God it wasn't me (pats myself down), nope, still alive.

But damn if incidences like these don't bring up the image of my own hide crashing and burning in the wreckage.

But then again, I'm a helo pilot, and I can auto-rotate that sucker down safely even if my engine cuts out. :rock:

(crosses fingers)

Off topic,

the most dangerous job in America according to CNN belongs to Timber Cutters:

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/13/pf/dangerousjobs/

So I was thinking of a career change from the 3th most dangerous to the first most but then I found this qualification from the CNN study:

http://www.flightweb.com/article.php?story=20031024113344245

CNN's Top 10 most dangerous jobs
Friday, October 24 2003 @ 11:33 EDT
Contributed by: Admin Helicopter EMS personnel were not included in CNN's Top 10 most dangerous jobs, despite a fatality rate much higher than that of the most dangerous job.

Timber cutters were rated at 117.8 fatalities per 100,000 workers. The Helicopter EMS personnel rate was estimated to be 196 per 100,000 averaged over 22 years. Note the CNN article intentionally did not include industries with small numbers of total workers.

America's most dangerous jobs - CNN.com
AMPA Safety Report '02 - UCAN/AMPA

As an EMS helo pilot, I can be twice as susceptible to death than any old lumberjack!

And if I fly in Alaska, my chances of fatality are quadrupled.

Most pilot fatalities come from general aviation; bush pilots, air-taxi pilots, and crop-dusters die at a far higher rate than airline pilots. Again, Alaskan workers skew the profession's data; recent National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (NIOSH) stats indicate that they have a fatality rate four times higher than those in the lower 48.

"Alaskan pilots have a one in eight chance of dying during a 30-year career," says George Conway of NIOSH. "That's huge."

I don't know, the idea of being an EMS helicopter pilot sure sounds sexy as hell, if not suicidal. Ladies?

Ok would someone like to explain how we went from plane crash to sexy?

Forum List

Back