Damn the Chiefs

the fan base is strong as ever. but there's alway a few dumb shits that give us all a black eye.

Sure there is always some assholes. But I have never heard in my forty years watching football a fan base cheer an injury...NEVER.

You would expect home fans to cheer an injury to one of their players in some place like Philadelphia, but Kansas City?

I would be EMBARRASSED to be calling myself a Chiefs fan today. No excuse for CHEERING when your starting quarterback is laying flat on his back with a concussion.

Classless, bush league, and beyond contemptible.

Seems to me that Matt Cassel had a really good season as the Patriots quarterback back in 2008, after Brady got hurt in the first game of the season.

Makes me wonder if maybe the COACHING in Kansas City really SUCKS. I seem to recall that Cassel led the Chiefs to the playoffs a couple of years ago. Now, Cassel is getting cheered when he gets hurt.

Must be a lot of unemployed, very unhappy people in Kansas City.

Cassel was a good QB until he got buried in KC. KC goes through the QB of the week while they look for the next Len Dawson

KC fans were out for blood on Sunday and they wanted Cassels head on a platter. When they got it, they cheered

When even your own players think you are slime....it is time to clean up your act

Sure there is always some assholes. But I have never heard in my forty years watching football a fan base cheer an injury...NEVER.

You would expect home fans to cheer an injury to one of their players in some place like Philadelphia, but Kansas City?

I would be EMBARRASSED to be calling myself a Chiefs fan today. No excuse for CHEERING when your starting quarterback is laying flat on his back with a concussion.

Seems to me that Matt Cassel had a really good season as the Patriots quarterback back in 2008, after Brady got hurt in the first game of the season.

Makes me wonder if maybe the COACHING in Kansas City really SUCKS. I seem to recall that Cassel led the Chiefs to the playoffs a couple of years ago. Now, Cassel is getting cheered when he gets hurt.

Cassel was a good QB until he got buried in KC. KC goes through the QB of the week while they look for the next Len Dawson

KC fans were out for blood on Sunday and they wanted Cassels head on a platter. When they got it, they cheered

When even your own players think you are slime....it is time to clean up your act

Cassel has been a TERRIBLE qb and i HOPE WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE that he doesn't return to our roster. We had good running backs the year we went to the playoffs. Cassel is and has always been shit

Cassel has been a TERRIBLE qb and i HOPE WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE that he doesn't return to our roster. We had good running backs the year we went to the playoffs. Cassel is and has always been shit

Is that why his own fans cheer when he is injured?

I told you when and why they cheered but you're too much of a bitch to admit when you're wrong

I told you when and why they cheered but you're too much of a bitch to admit when you're wrong

Maybe you're too much of a Chiefs fan to admit that the Chief's fans made complete ASSES of themselves yesterday.

It was all over ESPN last night, and SEVERAL different ESPN football analysts let the Chiefs fans have it for CHEERING when Matt Cassel got hurt.

Go ahead and play it the way you want it. Replays and several ESPN analysts completely disagree with your take on what happened!

Matt Cassel is not a "shit" quarterback. If he has decent players around him (such as Patriots players), he's a decent quarterback.

Let's face it, Romeo Crennel is not going to be mistaken for Vince Lombardi. Crennel is NOT head coach material. He is fine as a defensive coordinator, but that's as high as his resume' should go.

Maybe you're too much of a Chiefs fan to admit that the Chief's fans made complete ASSES of themselves yesterday.

It was all over ESPN last night, and SEVERAL different ESPN football analysts let the Chiefs fans have it for CHEERING when Matt Cassel got hurt.

Go ahead and play it the way you want it. Replays and several ESPN analysts completely disagree with your take on what happened!

Matt Cassel is not a "shit" quarterback. If he has decent players around him (such as Patriots players), he's a decent quarterback.

Let's face it, Romeo Crennel is not going to be mistaken for Vince Lombardi. Crennel is NOT head coach material. He is fine as a defensive coordinator, but that's as high as his resume' should go.

The only person worse than Cassel is the coach.

As for the fans I only speak for myself and those I know. Perhaps if some of the players or pundits are too sensative they should watch something less agressive than football. Those fans in the stands are the only reason Cassel has a fucking job to begin with. I mean seriously, the man plays a fucking game for a living.

Boo fucking hoo

Your own players think you cheered his injury

Try your bulshit explanations with them, not me

I feel your pain. Once, years ago, I spent a week in Kansas City one night.

They cheered twice. Once when he got up and walked off the field. WHICH IS THE NORM FOR AN INJURED PLAYER and once when the back up QB came in.

Enjoy the neg rightwinger

Robert Griffin III must remain a mobile quarterback for now, but play smarter - Peter King - SI.com

A CHIEFS FAN CHECKS IN ON THE BOOING. "I have been a life-long, die-hard Chiefs fan. On Sunday, I went to my first Chiefs game since the days of Trent Green handing the ball off to Larry Johnson. All my life I have taken pride in hearing about how great Kansas City Chiefs fans are and have been so happy to say that I am a part of that. I was so excited to witness it firsthand at Arrowhead, but what I witnessed at the game on Sunday was embarrassing. I have always liked Matt Cassel as a competitor and a person, even if I did not always like his play. I have become frustrated this year with him, but not to the point I would cheer his injury. Cassel doesn't deserve that.

If you want to be disgusted with anyone, be mad at Scott Pioli for not bringing in a different QB, not a guy who has week in and week out showed the passion of having that arrowhead on the side of his helmet. I was there, and can say that it was not everyone who cheered, but it was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth. For the first time in my life, I am embarrassed to say that I am a Chiefs fan.''
-- From Justin Wiggins, of Mankato, Minn.

Last edited:
This isn't the first time fans have cheered after their own QB has been injured.

Forum List

Back