Damn squirrels got into my truck engine and wrecked my wiring.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Chewed through my ignition coil harness wiring & my fuel injector harness. They also got walnuts jammed in between my engine block & valve covers. Chewed up lots of wiring insulation too.

80 bucks for two plastic connectors & 12 inches of wiring. Dodge wanted 300 bucks in labor lol. Twenty minutes of work for 300 bucks? GTFOH

20180119_140155.jpg

They just like to chew. They are rodents.

Chewed through my ignition coil harness wiring & my fuel injector harness. They also got walnuts jammed in between my engine block & valve covers. Chewed up lots of wiring insulation too.

80 bucks for two plastic connectors & 12 inches of wiring. Dodge wanted 300 bucks in labor lol. Twenty minutes of work for 300 bucks? GTFOH

View attachment 172432

Was moose with them? I have a friend Boris, him and his wife are trying to find them both.

If I can fix my own truck then I do it and I never have the dealership do it because they charge so much it is cheaper to pay for a degree in mechanics than have them fix it!

If I can fix my own truck then I do it and I never have the dealership do it because they charge so much it is cheaper to pay for a degree in mechanics than have them fix it!
I'm usually the same but I hate engine work in the cold. Thankfully tomorrow the snow will be gone and the temps up. Just waiting on one of the parts to be shipped in.

View attachment 172432

Was moose with them? I have a friend Boris, him and his wife are trying to find them both.
Funny, you arent only that thinks you are a cartoon

Hey, that was pretty reasonable. When a squirrel chewed through my wiring back in 2009, it cost $450.00 to get it fixed.

I hate those bushy-tailed rats. we used to have to eat them when I was a kid and I wouldn't eat one now if you paid me. They get into the bird feeders outside and the only reason I don't kill all of them is because my wife thinks they're "cute". They also chewed the hell out of the strings of Christmas lights we put out. We have to buy new strings of lights every year. I hate chipmunks too. They ate the tops off the beets in the garden one summer and I ended up shooting 25 of them with the .22 rifle.

I wonder what squirrels find tasty about truck wiring.

On the other hand, the kids like my wife's pot roast, so....
Actually, because of government regulation gone wild, the insulation on the wiring in many vehicles is edible (along with many other car parts). The insulation on the wires is made from soybeans, corn etc. Animal feed. And rodents think they smell and taste very yummy.

Last edited:

View attachment 172432

Funny, you arent only that thinks you are a cartoon

You're a troll looking for a bridge to live under. An angry troll at that.

Forum List

Back