Damn spam!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I rarely use my email address online. I delete cookies daily. I still receive about 50-75 pieces of spam daily!!!

The latest was advertising for "Anal Raider"

Great way to pickup chicks. Try that at a bar:

man: "Hi, can I buy you a drink?"
woman: "sure, I'll have a martini"
man: "You sure are pretty"
woman: "Why thank you! My name is Brenda, what's yours?"
man: "They call me the Anal Raider"

Man is found on the floor, stabbed in the chest with the broken martini glass.

For Christ's sake, at least send me some spam I can use!!!

How to handle cellphone spam and text messages...
cool.gif

Pogueā€™s Basics: Report text ads and spam
February 1, 2017 - One of the blessings of the cellphone era: Thereā€™s no spam, as there is with email, and no telemarketer calls, as there is with landlines.
Well, thereā€™s not supposed to be. Cellphone spam is illegal. If you get telemarketing calls, you should sign up for the Do Not Call Registry. You probably already knew about that.

What you probably didnā€™t realize is that if you get text-message spam, you can forward it to your cellphone carrier for future filtering and blocking. Itā€™s too late for you this time, but you may as well help to spare thousands of your fellow citizens from getting the same cellphone spam.

All you have to do is forward the text message to 7726. (Thatā€™s the number spelled out by SPAM on your keypad. Get it?) If youā€™re feeling especially patriotic, also report it to the FTC. And be glad you have at least some channels to fight back on.

Pogueā€™s Basics: Report text ads and spam

See also:

Pogue's Basics: How to forward a text message
April 12, 2017 - In a previous ā€œPogueā€™s Basicsā€ tip, I let you know that you could report cellphone text-message spam by forwarding it to 7726.
ā€œWell, great,ā€ one reader wrote, ā€œbut how do you forward a text message!?ā€ Ah. I guess that might have been helpful information!

* On the iPhone, hold your finger down on the actual text message that you want to pass along. When the More button appears, tap it, then tap the curly Forward arrow.
* On Android, hold your finger down on the actual text message, and then tap Forward.

In each case, youā€™re now asked for the phone number you want to forward to. Boom: The deed is done.

Pogue's Basics: How to forward a text message

Forum List

Back