Damn right i’m entitled and not a victim

People like the OP somehow "miss" that Social Security as it now exists will soon become insolvent if it isn't fixed which is what some politicians with spines, like Paul Ryan, have gone way out on a political limb to attempt to do.

Contrast that with the political cowardice of Barack Obama who attacks others for trying to fix something that he won't touch even though it's quite apparent SOMETHING has to be done. Leaders make the tough calls and Barack Obama is NOT a leader.

Obama and other politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle will not touch SS because it is a political nuclear bomb.
I have one solution if SS is left intact. Eliminate the federal pension system and have all of the well over two million federal employees contribute to the SS system.

Social Security isn't insurance and it isn't an investment. At best it's welfare for old people. In reality, however, it's the world's biggest Ponzi scheme. Every dollar you "invested" was flushed down the welfare sewer the day the government took it. You are not legally entitled to receive anything in return.

DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

That's just bullshit. Have you ever heard of verbal contracts?

Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

if you are 55 or older your medicare wont change a bit.

But putting that aside.....my arent we selfish...

See what you are saying?

"I dont give a fuck if medicare goes bankrupt down the road and all those that put into it are left with nothing. I dont care if the country tanks and even the most helpless will get nothing.....My vote is for me to get as much free shit as I can now becuase it is all about me me me...."

Making you a pathetic selfish loser.

It she paid into the system her entire life how is it free?

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

Damn your too old to be posting on the USMB day in and day out. Why dont you walk the mall and have breakfast at Macdonalds, drinking coffee with all the old coots until lunch time. You must be at least 68, what are you bitching about? you got yours.
I however, will be lucky to get mine.

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.
Once again....No one "pays into" social security. It is a TAX. Period.
And the word is C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N....Not "childern"...
You SHOULD NOT be worried about Social Security. You SHOULD HAVE plenty of money put away for your retirement.
In fact, SS payments should be Means tested. For example, if a person has a pension on which they can live comfortably, they don't receive SS benefits.
I get really pissed when a retiree with a nice cushy pension, two homes or one plus a vacation home and lives like a king starts bitching about Social Security.

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.

You've hit the nail on the head here. Team Romney/Ryan expects we'll be dumb enough to take their offer of preserving ours while screwing our kids and grandkids out of theirs.

Sorry, that won't wash with me either.

For those yelling about how it's "insolvent?" That's easily fixed, ain't it? Just raise the maximum income level for FICA taxation and the problem is solved. Moreover, when we Boomer's are gone, the system will be fine. It's just a temporary condition based upon our all getting old, but y'all are acting like it's permanent. Only a fool would make a permanent correction for a temporary problem and that's exactly what the GOP thinks we ought to do.
Please explain to the best of your ability and understanding how Romney's plan for SS is going to "screw" anyone.
I want specifics. Numbers. Don't give me this crap about how the system will be destroyed. That's not good enough.

Damn your too old to be posting on the USMB day in and day out. Why dont you walk the mall and have breakfast at Macdonalds, drinking coffee with all the old coots until lunch time. You must be at least 68, what are you bitching about? you got yours.
I however, will be lucky to get mine.

Don't you wish now that you had listened when President Bush wanted to give you options?

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

You SHOULD NOT be worried about Social Security. You SHOULD HAVE plenty of money put away for your retirement.
In fact, SS payments should be Means tested. For example, if a person has a pension on which they can live comfortably, they don't receive SS benefits.
I get really pissed when a retiree with a nice cushy pension, two homes or one plus a vacation home and lives like a king starts bitching about Social Security.

Bullshit, it's money forced from your check with the promise that it will add to your pension when you become of age. And secondly, if it is as you say a "tax" then it's unconstitutional to "means test" and force someone to pay into the system and then prevent them from drawing. The constitution says we will be treated fairly so bitch all you want. If you don't want people drawing from your ss pool then give them the option to opt out.

If you have been working 50 years, when you are old enough that Romney/Ryan's Plan does not effect you.

Yet another Epic Fail.

If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

So, what if you're in your early 50's and been putting into the system for 30 - 40 years? Tough shit? If you want to fix SS and Medicare, just lift the 100K contribution limit.

The new proposal does not affect older people.
Yes, lift the 100k limit AND make it a LAW that the federal government can in no way shape or form TOUCH the money

Please tell me this isn't true. That would be a horrible thing to do to children. If it is what subject does she teach?

My sons calculus professor in a SUNY college, 4 years ago, spent an entire session DICTATING the virtues of an Obama presidency and the evils of a McCain presidency....I say dictating becuase no one was allowed to respond to what he said.
What TM teaches is not an issue. The fact that one who is so jaded and so out there having the right to speak to our children without supervision is what is concerning.

do you believe anything TM says?

Seriously?
Oh yes. T< has such a marvelous economy with words. I await her next syllable with great anticipation.

Please tell me this isn't true. That would be a horrible thing to do to children. If it is what subject does she teach?

My sons calculus professor in a SUNY college, 4 years ago, spent an entire session DICTATING the virtues of an Obama presidency and the evils of a McCain presidency....I say dictating becuase no one was allowed to respond to what he said.
What TM teaches is not an issue. The fact that one who is so jaded and so out there having the right to speak to our children without supervision is what is concerning.

That concerns me too. But I pray it's not Grammar/spelling she is teaching, if anything.
She probably works in a day care center and refers to herself as a "teacher".

Bullshit, it's money forced from your check with the promise that it will add to your pension when you become of age. And secondly, if it is as you say a "tax" then it's unconstitutional to "means test" and force someone to pay into the system and then prevent them from drawing. The constitution says we will be treated fairly so bitch all you want. If you don't want people drawing from your ss pool then give them the option to opt out.
No one "pays into" the system. The federal government deducts a certain percentage of wages. The government then adds that money to the general fund for government operations. That makes SS a TAX.
If each worker had their own personal SS account, then those workers would be "paying into" the system. As a TAX, there is no "promise".
Now you can show where it is unconstitutional to Means Test SS or any other benefit.
Nowhere in the US Constitution is there a guarantee of "fairness".

Sorry, but they are not entitled.

You are just being stupid....again.

Forum List

Back