~Damn, Oh Damn~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
I am cold.
That's it!

Well...wait.....not really.
I am usually not cold....I am a hot blooded person mostly...I go barefoot in the winter, I never wear big heavy winter coats.....I always walk outside with my hair soaking wet :lol:
And I am never cold.

But right now....I am shivering, and my thermostat is set on 74 degrees........and here I am checking my cell.....and it says it's 40 degrees outside.
Damn....

Damn damn~

I have developed a real intolerance to being cold. I prefer it close to 90. Good thing I love to cook and bake, I can stay in the one room sure to be above hubby's favored 65.

I am cold.
That's it!

I am usually not cold....I am a hot blooded person mostly...I go barefoot in the winter, I never wear big heavy winter coats.....I always walk outside with my hair soaking wet :lol:
And I am never cold.

But right now....I am shivering, and my thermostat is set on 74 degrees........and here I am checking my cell.....and it says it's 40 degrees outside.
Damn....

Damn damn~

Check your temperature......... take 2 aspirin......... call me in the morning.........

I despise the cold, so I can understand completely your discomfort.
For the next several months I will wear clothes in multiple layers and a turtleneck just about every day for sure.

Sending you warm wishes ....

I am cold.
That's it!

And I am never cold.

Damn....

Damn damn~

Check your temperature......... take 2 aspirin......... call me in the morning.........

But what if your wife answers?? :razz:

I despise the cold, so I can understand completely your discomfort.
For the next several months I will wear clothes in multiple layers and a turtleneck just about every day for sure.

Sending you warm wishes ....

Much appreciated *smiles*

A cold-hater's tips and tricks:

Wear long underwear.

If it's still cold, put on a second pair.

Have 4 pairs of long underwear in the drawer, 2 on, and 2 in the washer/dryer, and if that's not enough, get more.

at night, wear a pair of clean, white socks that fit up over the ankles and then some. When I worked, I kept 24 pairs of little white socks, and I still keep them.

Wear good shoes that keep your feet good and dry, and carry an extra pair of socks in case for some reason you step in the snow and it gets wet down in your socks.

Keep your feet warm and dry at all times.

Wear a muffler of silk. Silk keeps out the cold. The cowboys in Wyoming who go out to save a cow from certain death in snowstorms use silk scarves. They work.

Bundle up in layers of clothes, keep the gloves on and dry. The warmest gloves are leather or breathable vinyl with soft flannel linings.

Cover your face when you go outside, and needless to mention, keep your head and hair dry at all times.

Buy flannel sheets. If they dry out your skin, get That Blue Stuff Emu cream or "Diabetic foot cream" at Wally World. Those two will replace skin oil best in cold weather when you need replacement from all the oil-absorbing materials you have to wear in order to keep warm.

Love,

freedombecki

Last edited:
I am cold.
That's it!

And I am never cold.

Damn....

Damn damn~

But what if your wife answers?? :razz:

Never mind..............

Oh, yes, one other thing, Dabs.

Houses get drafty after they're 6 months old sometimes. Some areas have businesses that caulk and seal seams around doors, windows, etc., or you can do it yourself with sealing stuff on rolls that you just mash into the cracks around doors and windows. Some types of floors are just plain cold in the winter. Professional floor sealing can be done on some types of floors, especially important to people who are allergic to carpeting, house molds, and mildew. Damp weather can bring that to the surface in some areas, so sealing your house well could stop some of the "drafty" problems. Also, some pull shades are more insulated than others. Windows are a real problem for condensation and drafts in some places, especially after a particularly wet summer/fall season and for homes located on or near water.

Hope you get rid of the chill around you and that you know the warm people here at USMB are around you with well-wishes for your well-being.

:huddle:

Last edited:
lakeview-polar-bears.jpg

polar-bear-club.jpg

Wear long underwear.

Have 4 pairs of long underwear in the drawer, 2 on, and 2 in the washer/dryer, and if that's not enough, get more.

at night, wear a pair of clean, white socks that fit up over the ankles and then some. When I worked, I kept 24 pairs of little white socks, and I still keep them.

Wear good shoes that keep your feet good and dry, and carry an extra pair of socks in case for some reason you step in the snow and it gets wet down in your socks.

Wear a muffler of silk. Silk keeps out the cold. The cowboys in Wyoming who go out to save a cow from certain death in snowstorms use silk scarves. They work.

Bundle up in layers of clothes, keep the gloves on and dry. The warmest gloves are leather or breathable vinyl with soft flannel linings.

Cover your face when you go outside, and needless to mention, keep your head and hair dry at all times.

Buy flannel sheets. If they dry out your skin, get That Blue Stuff Emu cream or "Diabetic foot cream" at Wally World. Those two will replace skin oil best in cold weather when you need replacement from all the oil-absorbing materials you have to wear in order to keep warm.

Love,

freedombecki

4 pair? Wouldnt you look like the Michelin man?

Wear long underwear.

Love,

freedombecki

4 pair? Wouldnt you look like the Michelin man?
Have you ever been to Wyoming in the middle of winter? Everybody looks like the Michelin guy. Mountain air is no respecter of persons. And you do have a choice. Warmth or death. It's bloody cold there, and I barely survived 35 years of it before moving back home to my beloved Texas.

New Topics

Forum List

Back