Damn It's Nice to Have a President Again Who Can Speak Intelligently

All I can do is laugh at the stupid partisan bickering. Just about the entirety of this economic meltdown can be traced back to the housing crisis which was created due to the stupid ass lending practices by the banking and investment industry. And guess what? Both Republicans and Democrats allowed it to happen. Everyone was involved. It wasn't solely the Republicans fault or the Democrats fault. They all had a hand in allowing this to happen.

The Republicans were in control for six of the last eight years, but during that same time, even when the writing was on the wall, Democrats blocked any changes Republicans tried to make. They all screwed this up, and if you can't see that then you're all goofy.

While we can all disagree on our involvement in Iraq, how the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was handled, and even all the deficit spending, none of these things caused the economic situation we now face.

Now that we're in this mess, one thing is certain; the banking system must be stabilized. We shouldn't be happy about the fact we're having to bail these people out, but we're bailing ourselves out in the process. The idea that we should have just let the banks collapse is about as stupid an idea as I have ever heard. At the same time, spending more money that we don't have to spend also is about as stupid as it gets, especially when the bulk of this stimulus bill will do nothing to create new jobs.

We're in for a long slowdown, plain and simple. We all had a part in allowing it to come about; now it's time to pay the piper. Printing more money to throw at the problem is only going to lead to higher taxes down the road, and we're taking a great risk of it creating escalating inflation.

Oh, just so you all know, existing home sales in January fell 5.3 percent compared to last year. The housing market is still in a tailspin. Until that turns around, ain't nothin a changin anytime soon.

Yeah, to bad he doesn't know shit about the economy....:clap2:

What did Bush & the GOP know about the economy? Are you still suggesting that trickle down is going to work?

And Obama has already done more in 5 weeks for us than Bush did in 8 years.
too bad Bush and the GOP werent doing trickle down for the last 8 years
you are just another moron that has no fucking clue

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians," he explained in a routine that challenged all the premises of today's half-a-loaf reformers. "Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"

What did Bush & the GOP know about the economy? Are you still suggesting that trickle down is going to work?

too bad Bush and the GOP werent doing trickle down for the last 8 years
you are just another moron that has no fucking clue

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians," he explained in a routine that challenged all the premises of today's half-a-loaf reformers. "Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"
just more proof you dont know what the fuck you are talking about

All I can do is laugh at the stupid partisan bickering. Just about the entirety of this economic meltdown can be traced back to the housing crisis which was created due to the stupid ass lending practices by the banking and investment industry. And guess what? Both Republicans and Democrats allowed it to happen. Everyone was involved. It wasn't solely the Republicans fault or the Democrats fault. They all had a hand in allowing this to happen.

The Republicans were in control for six of the last eight years, but during that same time, even when the writing was on the wall, Democrats blocked any changes Republicans tried to make. They all screwed this up, and if you can't see that then you're all goofy.

While we can all disagree on our involvement in Iraq, how the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was handled, and even all the deficit spending, none of these things caused the economic situation we now face.

Now that we're in this mess, one thing is certain; the banking system must be stabilized. We shouldn't be happy about the fact we're having to bail these people out, but we're bailing ourselves out in the process. The idea that we should have just let the banks collapse is about as stupid an idea as I have ever heard. At the same time, spending more money that we don't have to spend also is about as stupid as it gets, especially when the bulk of this stimulus bill will do nothing to create new jobs.

We're in for a long slowdown, plain and simple. We all had a part in allowing it to come about; now it's time to pay the piper. Printing more money to throw at the problem is only going to lead to higher taxes down the road, and we're taking a great risk of it creating escalating inflation.

Oh, just so you all know, existing home sales in January fell 5.3 percent compared to last year. The housing market is still in a tailspin. Until that turns around, ain't nothin a changin anytime soon.
you wont get ANY partisan to agree with that
the problems were caused by BOTH parties
and the major problem was both party's were doing the same damn things only each wanted to do it though their own special interest groups
when republicans want to do stupid things like democrats, they get thrown out of office
when democrats act like democrats their morons will vote em back in

i have hope that the GOP will learn from this and adjust, if not, then we are all in for a big mess

The groundwork was laid when the GOP had control of both houses. That includes the 90's when Clinton was in office.

And the Dems couldn't have done anything about it the last 2 years with their one person majority and Bush's veto pen.

The GOP deregulated the banking industry and the housing industry. That's what caused this mess. And them sending so many jobs overseas caused all the people to lose their jobs and in turn, their homes.

Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.

Just like NAFTA is a Republican idea. But they'll tell you that Clinton signed it. That is true. One reason I didn't vote for Hillary. They are centrists.

We need to take the country back buddy. And there is no, "working with" the Republicans. It's either their way or our way. We'll give them some tax breaks so they sign our bills, but we are taking the country in a completely different direction.

Clinton takes part of the blame for going along with the Republicans. Here's another thing he went along with. He deregulated the media for them so they could buy it all up. Then they used the media to bash him, Gore and his wife so none of them have won since. HA HA.

So it is up to the GOP to try to work with the Dems. But the Dems know full well that as soon as they get the opportunity, the GOP will stab them in the back.

If you don't know that, then you don't pay close enough attention to be offering up an opinion. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

And Obama has already done more in 5 weeks for us than Bush did in 8 years.[/QUOTE]

In 5 weeks NObama has already spent more than Bush in 8 years and NObama isn't even done spending yet. Nice. I feel better already.

you wont get ANY partisan to agree with that
the problems were caused by BOTH parties
and the major problem was both party's were doing the same damn things only each wanted to do it though their own special interest groups
when republicans want to do stupid things like democrats, they get thrown out of office
when democrats act like democrats their morons will vote em back in

i have hope that the GOP will learn from this and adjust, if not, then we are all in for a big mess

You couldn't even help exposing your own partisanship. What is that, "republicans get thrown out when they screw up". What bullshit!! Clinton was great and Gore lost but Bush sucked and he got re-elected? Hell, just look at all the red states that voted for Bush/McCain even after all this??? Dems can't screw up and expect to win Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Pennsylvania, but the GOP thought they could.

No, Democrats don't typically get the free pass, Republicans do.

I at least admit my partisanship. Hell, I embrace it. So did you when Bush was first king. You worshipped him.

Now lets see if I follow Obama over a cliff like you did Bush.

And the guy you are replying to is wrong.

yeah talking with uh, uh, uh, uh is real intelligent. You drink Kool-aide much?

Yeah, that's all Obama does is go duh duh duh...You are such an idiot and you HATE it that AMerica has a President who REALLY makes Bush look stupid. If you want to compare speeches from Obama to Bush and talk about their ability to speak in public I am all about it. You just say when. Till then STFU.
Bush is so stupid that you all couldn't beat him in 2004! Words, just Words! LOL

that largely IMHO is because of the dildo the Dems. ran against him.....

The groundwork was laid when the GOP had control of both houses. That includes the 90's when Clinton was in office.

And the Dems couldn't have done anything about it the last 2 years with their one person majority and Bush's veto pen.

The GOP deregulated the banking industry and the housing industry. That's what caused this mess. And them sending so many jobs overseas caused all the people to lose their jobs and in turn, their homes.

Just like NAFTA is a Republican idea. But they'll tell you that Clinton signed it. That is true. One reason I didn't vote for Hillary. They are centrists.

We need to take the country back buddy. And there is no, "working with" the Republicans. It's either their way or our way. We'll give them some tax breaks so they sign our bills, but we are taking the country in a completely different direction.

Clinton takes part of the blame for going along with the Republicans. Here's another thing he went along with. He deregulated the media for them so they could buy it all up. Then they used the media to bash him, Gore and his wife so none of them have won since. HA HA.

So it is up to the GOP to try to work with the Dems. But the Dems know full well that as soon as they get the opportunity, the GOP will stab them in the back.

If you don't know that, then you don't pay close enough attention to be offering up an opinion. :lol:

You are correct that the Dems couldn't do anything the last two years to change the outcome. However, they blocked attempts to make changes going back several years prior to that. Also, if you want to obsolve them of their complicity, tell us when they warned us all of this mess. Ya, I didn't think you could. You're just a partisan hack.

As for NAFTA and other free trade agreements; they are a long term positive. Artificially inflating wages through protectionism would only delay the inevitable. To make matters worse, the long term effect would prevent American business from being competitive globally, diminishing our opportunity for long term growth. As the rest of the world catches up with us, being competitive in the global market will be what keeps us strong. I'm sorry, but you can't pay every factory worker $20 per hour or more and expect to be competetive.

Last edited:

And Obama has already done more in 5 weeks for us than Bush did in 8 years.[/QUOTE]

In 5 weeks NObama has already spent more than Bush in 8 years and NObama isn't even done spending yet. Nice. I feel better already.[/QUOTE]

He's also going to cut out $100 billion in bullshit government spending that exists today, right now, in Washington.

So he just saved you $100 billion. Are you happy? No.

He also cut your taxes. Happy yet?

What's it gonna take?

Less spending you say? Well why didn't you insist the GOP stop all the spending?

Nobama is getting us out of the mess GW's spending put us in.

Or do you think all the Iraq spending has nothing to do with the current state of our economy?

You should.

Obama is spending money in America, not Iraq...

really....he brought all the troops home and cancelled all the contracts to rebuild iraq....

cool.....i missed that part of the speech ... thanks for the update...

Watching the frowny grouchy faces of the repubs, shows how well he is doing.:lol:

It he said that God was good, Boner et al would disagree.:cuckoo:

8 years of Obama and more Dems after that.:clap2:

what the hell has he done for YOU Bobo?......nothing in my life has changed......wait let me look......no.... the people down the street are still doing the same shit......why dont you wait a while,for his "CHANGES" to take effect. and then we will see......

what the hell has he done for YOU Bobo?......nothing in my life has changed......wait let me look......no.... the people down the street are still doing the same shit......why dont you wait a while,for his "CHANGES" to take effect. and then we will see......

be kind. sealy suffers from premature obamalation.

You are correct that the Dems couldn't do anything the last two years to change the outcome. However, they blocked attempts to make changes going back several years prior to that. Also, if you want to obsolve them of their complicity, tell us when they warned us all of this mess. Ya, I didn't think you could. You're just a parisan hack.

As for NAFTA and other free trade agreements; they are a long term positive. Artificially inflating wages through protectionism would only delay the inevitable. To make matters worse, the long term effect would prevent American business from being competitive globally, diminishing our opportunity for long term growth. As the rest of the world catches up with us, being competitive in the global market will be what keeps us strong. I'm sorry, but you can't pay every factory worker $20 per hour or more and expect to be competetive.

I'm only going to say a couple things because I whole heartedly disagree with your entire premise.

1. You suggest that we need to pay our $20 factory workers the same as Mexican workers make? Of course you do. How else can we stay "competititive" with them.

I'm not interested in being competitive.

2. As for protectionaism. Every country does it to a degree, except us. Why didn't we do it? Because people who thought like you were in charge.

3. Just because the Dems wanted to help poor people get loans through Fanny/Freddy, does not make them just as much at fault for this crisis. How easy it is for your right wingers to give the Dems blame for every bad thing you do. You deregulated banks, allowing them to not keep enough money on hand in case of a financial crisis. You lumped all the loans together and kept selling them up the food chain. Everyone made money off this, and now the government has to bail out the bank at the top? Looks like a scam to me. We got robbed!!!

4. Just like you guys blamed the Dems for Iraq because they signed on. You tend to want to forget that Bush lied us in.

5. Fair trade, not free. Right now we have free trade, not fair. But I see you approve of NAFTA the way it is. No need to undo any of the crap the GOP did to NAFTA between 2000-2006. Hell, you don't even know what they did. But no matter, because it is "everyone's" fault.

How convienent for you in 2010 and 2012. Since it was "everyone's" fault, I guess it will be easy for you guys to win back some of the seats you lost.

Because, "everyone is to blame". What a crock of shit!!!!

Are you a greedy prick who only cares if Obama helps you personally? I am not. I have a job. But, this story below means that the dismantling of the middle class has stopped. Obama will do a little "protectionism". EWWW!!! Scary!!! We are not scared with your warnings anymore dude. You were wrong for 8 years, and you are definately wrong now.

DALLAS — Union officials were confident Tuesday that new legislation in Congress would halt Mexican trucks from making long-haul trips into the United States.

A $410 billion spending bill House Democrats presented on Monday includes language that would prevent Mexican-licensed trucks from traveling beyond commercial zones along the U.S.-Mexico border. The wording is aimed at ending a pilot program backed by the George W. Bush administration that permitted up to 500 U.S.-certified trucks access deep into the U.S.

“This is a really big win for us,” said Leslie Miller, an International Brotherhood of Teamsters spokeswoman. “Historically, there has been very, very strong support” for ending the Mexican truck program.

The legislation was expected to clear the House this week, and the Senate could take it up next week.

Lawmakers — including then-Sen. Barack Obama — previously attempted to stop the program by prohibiting spending to establish it. But the Bush administration contended the funding ban didn’t apply to implementation of a program that had already started.

The Teamsters Union, Sierra Club and Public Citizen filed a lawsuit in 2007 seeking to block the program.

The Bush administration said open U.S. roads to Mexican truckers was a necessary part of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Supporters of the plan said letting Mexican trucks farther into the U.S. would save consumers hundreds of millions of dollars and give U.S. trucking companies access to Mexico.

Independent truck owners, environmental groups and the Teamsters argued the program would eliminate U.S. jobs and that Mexican trucks weren’t safe for U.S. highways.

“Our position has been that these trucks are not held to the same standard as our trucks. Their drivers are not held to the same standards as our drivers,” Miller said.

The sharply worded section of the appropriations bill in the House says funds provided cannot be used to establish, implement, continue, promote or permit Mexican motor carriers to operate beyond the border commercial zones. It goes on to say any such program started before the date the legislation’s enactment would also be included in the ban.

The language “is clear, strong, and leaves absolutely no wiggle room, and I’m glad this Mexican trucking program will soon come to an end,” U.S. Senator Byron Dorgan, a vocal opponent of the program, said in a statement.

"Damn It's Nice to Have a President Again Who Can Speak Intelligently"

... even if he is no more intelligent than the last one.

In 5 weeks NObama has already spent more than Bush in 8 years and NObama isn't even done spending yet. Nice. I feel better already.[/QUOTE]

He's also going to cut out $100 billion in bullshit government spending that exists today, right now, in Washington.

So he just saved you $100 billion. Are you happy? No.

He also cut your taxes. Happy yet?

What's it gonna take?

Less spending you say? Well why didn't you insist the GOP stop all the spending?

Nobama is getting us out of the mess GW's spending put us in.

Or do you think all the Iraq spending has nothing to do with the current state of our economy?[/QUOTE]

I don't like it when ANY elected offical spends more money than they have at any level.

And no I'm not happy about the tax cut. Not when he keeps spending.

Forum List

Back