Damn Florida Didnt need this...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
300858W5.gif

Commence the praying for those who are still trying to pick up the pieces.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT1+shtml/312344.shtml?

Hurricane FRANCES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Public Advisory Forecast/Advisory Discussion Probabilities Maps/Charts Archive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTNT31 KNHC 010245
TCPAT1
BULLETIN
HURRICANE FRANCES ADVISORY NUMBER 29
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
11 PM AST TUE AUG 31 2004

...SEVERE HURRICANE FRANCES HEADING TOWARD THE TURKS AND CAICOS
ISLANDS AND THE SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS...

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS...
WHICH INCLUDES ACKLINS...CROOKED...INAGUAS...MAYAGUANA AND
RAGGED ISLANDS...AND FOR THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS.

A HURRICANE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS WHICH
INCLUDES CAT...EXUMAS...LONG ISLANDS...RUM CAY AND SAN SALVADOR.

A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED
WITHIN THE WARNING AREA WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. PREPARATIONS TO
PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION. A
HURRICANE WATCH MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE
WITHIN THE WATCH AREA...GENERALLY WITHIN 36 HOURS.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THE NORTH COAST OF THE
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC FROM PUNTA GORDA WESTWARD TO MANZANILLO BAY.

FRANCES CONTINUES TO BE TRACKED WITH RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT...
SATELLITE IMAGES...AND DOPPLER RADAR FROM PUERTO RICO. AT 11 PM
AST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE FRANCES WAS LOCATED NEAR
LATITUDE 20.8 NORTH...LONGITUDE 67.0 WEST OR ABOUT 270 MILES...
430 KM...EAST OF GRAND TURK ISLAND.

FRANCES IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 16 MPH...
26 KM/HR...AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR
THE NEXT 24 HOURS. ON THIS TRACK...THE CORE OF THE HURRICANE WILL
BE PASSING NEAR OR OVER THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS...AND THE
SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 140 MPH...220 KM/HR...WITH
HIGHER GUSTS. THIS MAKES FRANCES A CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE ON THE
SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE SCALE. WHILE FLUCTUATIONS IN INTENSITY ARE
EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS...FRANCES COULD STILL INTENSIFY A
LITTLE MORE BEFORE REACHING THE HURRICANE WARNING AREA.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES...110 KM...
FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
TO 185 MILES...295 KM.

THE ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 939 MB...27.73 INCHES.

RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES...LOCALLY HIGHER...ARE POSSIBLE
OVER PORTIONS OF PUERTO RICO TONIGHT...AND OVER THE DOMINICAN
REPUBLIC ON WEDNESDAY.

LARGE AND DANGEROUS WAVES ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE NORTH COAST OF
HISPANIOLA.

REPEATING THE 11 PM AST POSITION...20.8 N... 67.0 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 16 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS...140 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 939 MB.

FOR STORM INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA...PLEASE MONITOR
PRODUCTS ISSUED BY YOUR LOCAL WEATHER OFFICE.

AN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL
HURRICANE CENTER AT 2 AM AST FOLLOWED BY THE NEXT
COMPLETE ADVISORY AT 5 AM AST.

FORECASTER STEWART

Damn you trumped me insein.

What we are most worried about in Orlando is the debris still lying around from Charley. It's everywhere. Could be a real problem with winds creating flying debris.

This one sounds like it could be catastrophic!!! I hope folks heed the warnings and get out! A category five is sustained winds of 150 mph or greater which to me seems like being in a constant tornado for hours. I can't even imagine anything like that.

why on earth did three of you post this at the same time?

I hope the People of Florida make out ok.

-=d=- said:
Wasn't there a guy saying God would punish Miami for it's pro-homo agendas/beliefs?

It's punishment for letting MTV in for their Video Music Awards.

Nah. Don't mean to make light of the situation. I don't want to make it sound like I'm wishing ill on the Carolinas, but they say there's a chacne this could start pushing North. Let's hope that happens because if it doesn't it's heading right in the same place that just got hammered. Maybe there will be some twist of fate and this thing will turn south or south west and either take out Cuba or miss everything.

Jimmyeatworld said:
It's punishment for letting MTV in for their Video Music Awards.

Nah. Don't mean to make light of the situation. I don't want to make it sound like I'm wishing ill on the Carolinas, but they say there's a chacne this could start pushing North. Let's hope that happens because if it doesn't it's heading right in the same place that just got hammered. Maybe there will be some twist of fate and this thing will turn south or south west and either take out Cuba or miss everything.

Or head for New Orleans! YIKES!!!

EdwinJayMorgan said:
Or head for New Orleans! YIKES!!!

Oh God no !! I live 80 miles fom ya over there in the big soup bowl ! I don't want that thing anywhere near our state ! I don't want it to hit any states at all !
I got my fingers crossed and praying for all the Floridians that includes you Jack & Laurie ! Im still prayin !

Not only is this one twice the size of Charley, but after Charley they exhausted their reserves of telephone poles and other spare parts. When the power goes out this time, it's going to stay out for awhile.

Zhukov said:
Not only is this one twice the size of Charley, but after Charley they exhausted their reserves of telephone poles and other spare parts. When the power goes out this time, it's going to stay out for awhile.

I heard this one is the size of Texas. Can you imagine a storm the size of Texas? holy crap. Maybe it is a warning from God for some reason or another. I am sure he acts in that way sometimes but im not sure why he would be now.

I heard this one is the size of Texas. Can you imagine a storm the size of Texas? holy crap. Maybe it is a warning from God for some reason or another. I am sure he acts in that way sometimes but im not sure why he would be now.

It's my fault.

God and me don't get along.

I'll be honest, I've said some nasty things behind his back over the years.

Frances hit close to home. My parents home in Fl was in Barefoot Bay:

http://www.newscoast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040906/APN/409060698

This is a community just north of Vero Beach. Mobile homes, though you wouldn't think so at first glance. 2 golf courses, many tennis courses, 2 pools, own shopping complex. They got hit very hard, saw on FOX that the streets were holding water of at least shin deep on 6' male.

I'm glad my dad is here in Chicago area with me, but his cousin owns a home there. Going to be very hard for those seniors.

If I move to FL, I'll spend the money for a 'permanent home' type. It's worth double the money to have something which doesn't 'peel away.' I feel so bad for those folks. I've sent a donation to Red Cross, think anyone that can, should. I did for Charlie too, though it was difficult because of how badly they handled the influx of $ from 9/11.

I just caught the tail end of a report. They said something about Hurricane Ivan(?) and that it could eventually head to Florida as well. I hope I misheard this or didn't catch something really important. Getting hit three times in just a few weeks could seriously put Florida out of business.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I just caught the tail end of a report. They said something about Hurricane Ivan(?) and that it could eventually head to Florida as well. I hope I misheard this or didn't catch something really important. Getting hit three times in just a few weeks could seriously put Florida out of business.

That FL could get hit again, is not a joke. Nuff' said.

At the same time, did anyone catch the guy from NOAH, I know that's the wrong acronym, but I think you know what I mean? He was saying to the effect that if Ivan hits Hispanola, it will break up. At the same time, he said that Cuba has claimed that the US is 'fooling with the weather' making hurricanes hit Hispanola and Cuba, to save US mainland. Now I ask, if that was the case, who would like to sue the US gov't for screwing up with Frances?

Kathianne said:
That FL could get hit again, is not a joke. Nuff' said.

At the same time, did anyone catch the guy from NOAH, I know that's the wrong acronym, but I think you know what I mean? He was saying to the effect that if Ivan hits Hispanola, it will break up. At the same time, he said that Cuba has claimed that the US is 'fooling with the weather' making hurricanes hit Hispanola and Cuba, to save US mainland. Now I ask, if that was the case, who would like to sue the US gov't for screwing up with Frances?

What a crack pot. Seems like if the U.S. were going to fool the weather, they'd could wipe out Cuba with one or two of these hurricanes.

Found a story mentioning Ivan. I sure hope this thing turns somewhere.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/090704dnnativan.192b7.html

EdwinJayMorgan said:
Here's the latest projection on Ivan. As if the Gulf Coast weren't clobbered enough already... :(
From what I've heard, seen, if it enters the Gulf, watch out! No real 'churning' of the waters to bring the cold up. Too much energy available.

Forum List

Back