Damn Debby

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
We got hit by beryl just a few weeks ago.. I lost a peach tree, a Kumkwat (sp) tree and we did not have power for over 12 hours .. About 3 inches of rain.

Now Debby is getting us even though she is in the gulf all her rain is upon us.. We probably already got 10 inches of rain in the past 3 days with no end in sight so far UGH.. There is flooding all around us and I am worried about our pond in our back yard since the water is already under the dock ..Normally its way lower then that.. Last time I seen it get this high is in 2005 when we got hit storm after storm.. Thankfully I have flood insurance.. Best 300 dollars a year for the peace of mind on times like this..

We got hit by beryl just a few weeks ago.. I lost a peach tree, a Kumkwat (sp) tree and we did not have power for over 12 hours .. About 3 inches of rain.

Now Debby is getting us even though she is in the gulf all her rain is upon us.. We probably already got 10 inches of rain in the past 3 days with no end in sight so far UGH.. There is flooding all around us and I am worried about our pond in our back yard since the water is already under the dock ..Normally its way lower then that.. Last time I seen it get this high is in 2005 when we got hit storm after storm.. Thankfully I have flood insurance.. Best 300 dollars a year for the peace of mind on times like this..

Yep, the Federal flood insurance underwriting your ass is teh awesome. :clap2:

Boo hoo! We all feel your pain! I lost my home and farm buildings to a wildfire last summer, along with a pecan orchard.
Oh, you lost your power for a whole 12 hours? When Ike hit, we were without for 3 1/2 weeks.
Life goes on.

Deal with it!

Boo hoo! We all feel your pain! I lost my home and farm buildings to a wildfire last summer, along with a pecan orchard.
Oh, you lost your power for a whole 12 hours? When Ike hit, we were without for 3 1/2 weeks.
Life goes on.

Deal with it!

Believe me I have dealt with many storms. I housed a family from New Orleans during Katrina for over a month . That is 5 extra people to house, feed, ect... Was just blowing off some steam. Sensitive much :cuckoo:

There were reports in Woodville of 26 inches of rain. The Sopchoppy River may crest at its highest level ever causing it to flood. There were evacuations out of Wakulla County.

You live in a Hurrican prone area....why are you bitching about Hurricanes?

You live in a Hurrican prone area....why are you bitching about Hurricanes?

When you are military you move where they tell us too.. He is now retired but got a job in this area. With this economy we are not quitting a job because of storms. That is why we have all the insurances to protect us in case of losses..

I live here in Orlando, and apparently Debbie, which btw is a tropical storm and not a hurricaine, is due to hit us tomorrow. Not worried a bit.

Im not worried just tired of the rain we have been getting for the past 4 days with no end in sight

Forum List

Back