Originally posted by Sandy73
You make roux's too? MB

90% of my cooking is done w/ a roux !

I hope you work out a lot! :p:

Love the roux, but tuff on the old arteries! lol

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I hope you work out a lot! :p:

Love the roux, but tuff on the old arteries! lol

Us Coon Asses get used to it !! Fried foods and roux are the norm !! I have 3 kids so the workout is my kids !! Who has time??? :eek:

Us Coon Asses get used to it !! Fried foods and roux are the norm !! I have 3 kids so the workout is my kids !! Who has time??? :eek:

my mom is a coon ass from Bayou Cheyne

Kewl I know where you are talking about ... She probaly has a maiden name like boudeaux or Fontnot or cajun huh?

Kewl I know where you are talking about ... She probaly has a maiden name like boudeaux or Fontnot or cajun huh?

Smith. my grandpa was a Southern Baptist preacher. I remember as a kid we would go to the Bayou Cheyne reunions. I remember taking a john-boat out to where my mom was raised..... it was out in the swamps! She even went to school on a barge. :eek:

Oh yeah she is definatly a coon ass !! Thats great .. Well, I have never been to school on a barge but I have had to take many boat rides to get to someone's home !
It cool though very peaceful and different !

Oh yeah she is definatly a coon ass !! Thats great .. Well, I have never been to school on a barge but I have had to take many boat rides to get to someone's home !
It cool though very peaceful and different !

I was just home and she made me some great creole! She had just gotten back from LA (visiting her sisters) and while there they bought 200 # of crawfish for a big ole boil! They ate it all and she had the pics to prove it! :p:

Oh yeah we had a boil for Mother's day and we killed all 100 lbs!! Do you eat them?

Now I am reallt ticked off ! I cook a big pot of Jambalaya and everyone bails !! 2 out of 3 of my kids go amd spend the night w/ friends ~ It sucks !! Oh well, tomorrows supper is cooked !

Its a thickening agent in cooking used in soups, sauces, stews etc..

Made from flour and butter slowly cooked together to cook out the starch (the more it is cooked the darker it becomes) then is added to thicken whatever it is your cooking. :)

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Its a thickening agent in cooking used in soups, sauces, stews etc..

Made from flour and butter slowly cooked together to cook out the starch (the more it is cooked the darker it becomes) then is added to thicken whatever it is your cooking. :)

Sounds like the something I use for cream soup base, and gravy................. mmmmmmmmmmm gravy :D

Forum List

Back