Dammit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Sandy73

For the love of God I hate it when I come home and cook and I don't have something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone got any flour ?

I am making Jambalya !!! :)

Originally posted by Sandy73
For the love of God I hate it when I come home and cook and I don't have something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone got any flour ?

I have 10 lbs. You coming?

I got flour and dooooooooooooooooo love the jumbles. I'll be right over!

You make roux's too? MB

90% of my cooking is done w/ a roux !

I've made pale roux, blond roux and of course dark roux. You can't make etouffee without a good dark roux and that nutty rich taste that it gives.

You are correct, Sir !! ;)

I make cream sauces a lot w/ butter and flour !

Originally posted by HGROKIT
don't forget heavy cream if you are going classic! but stir fast!

And moderate to low heat, you don't want to scorch the cream or break the sauce, although that is hard to do using a roux.

Thank God for neighbors ! I borrowed some !! :clap1:

I am off to cooking be back after my roux !

Thank God for neighbors ! I borrowed some !! :clap1:

I am off to cooking be back after my roux !

Damn Sandy, I put the Merlot out for you!

Ok done !! The hard part is over with !! K I am waiting for you to stop by I cooked plenty !! ;) Bring the wine !!

Jambalaya and wine , never tried it but hell Id give it a shot !:D

Ok done !! The hard part is over with !! K I am waiting for you to stop by I cooked plenty !! ;) Bring the wine !!

Jambalaya and wine , never tried it but hell Id give it a shot !:D

Ok, leaving for DC tomorrow, long detour south and west! Whoops! :p:

Work or pleasure?

Pleasure. The brother and I are taking my dad to see WWII Memorial. He was in 2nd wave at Omaha Beach. Purple Heart owner! Way cool to be just the 3 of us, no kids or wife for my brother, sister-in-law for me!

Got a private White House tour arranged, but no West Wing. (boo hoo). Nice to have friends high up!

What an honor to have a heroic Father !! Hey if I need to take a trip to DC I am calling you for connections ! Have a great time and be safe !

What an honor to have a heroic Father !! Hey if I need to take a trip to DC I am calling you for connections ! Have a great time and be safe !

Thanks! Looking forward to it. Last summer went with youngest. Stayed on Embassy Row. This time, Hay-Adams, Across from the White House, as dad can't walk far. This should be a too cool trip. I'll try to take pics and then you can tell me how to post!

Forum List

Back