Damaging effects of Gays in the Closet.

It really is sad.

I mean seriously.

It's easy to laugh at Bodey for being a serial liar. But this is just a board. Not important. It's hard to imagine what it must be like out there in real life for people who haven't found a healthy way to be themselves.

My sis lost her partner years ago and never has been the same.

Interesting article on the topic, particularly in reference to clergy trying to keep their homosexuality under wraps.

Damaging Effects for Gays of the ‘Closet’

One of many interesting paragraphs:

Therefore men, whether they be gay or straight, will practice stereotypical masculine behaviors to thwart any suspicion out of fear and/or necessity. This is especially true if they feel pressure to do so to protect their careers, career advancement, fear of social denunciation or they have difficulties reconciling their religious views with their natural inner feelings and same sex attractions etc.

as is this one:

The fear of being discovered can be enormous and absolutely terrifying. These men will often then do whatever they believe society expects from them.

They will marry and have children out of desperation in an always unsuccessful attempt at suppressing these natural longings and hoping that they will eventually go away

And just an observation....those in the closet must become chronic liars in order to live the lie.

It's a sad thing....and apparently almost impossible to keep up the act forever....thus the stories that keep popping up in the news.

Just imagine the psychological damage of living a lie....and the splash damage to those around one.
I'll comment on this:
The fear of being discovered can be enormous and absolutely terrifying. These men will often then do whatever they believe society expects from them.

They will marry and have children out of desperation in an always unsuccessful attempt at suppressing these natural longings and hoping that they will eventually go away

Do you self-centered gays who are too cowardly to be honest ever, EVER realize the damage you cause (whether gay man or lezbo) when YOU are so cowardly and pull another into your cowardice, even having children, and pulling them into your cowardice? Most, at some point in these families that exist ONLY because of their cowardly lies, do come out.

But, it's all about how so very hard it was for the cowards to lie....never about the damage done to their ex-spouses and the children.

Fucking cowards. Fucking selfish cowards. The devastating collateral damage they leave behind without even a second thought, because it's all about how hard it was for them to LIE for so long.

It doesn't get much more disgusting than that, to be honest.

We force them to live a lie because we demonize their behavior like they are Satan reincarnate. Who gives a shit? They should have equal opportunity to be just as miserable as the rest of us in relationships. They keep population in control and dont hurt anyone while doing it. Want to be gay? go ahead and feel free, no need to hide it from those of us who have evolved from the dark ages.

We force them to live a lie because we demonize their behavior like they are Satan reincarnate. Who gives a shit? They should have equal opportunity to be just as miserable as the rest of us in relationships. They keep population in control and dont hurt anyone while doing it. Want to be gay? go ahead and feel free, no need to hide it from those of us who have evolved from the dark ages.
So say the cowards.

I don't give a shit who they love, but when their cowardly lies damage ex-spouses and the children of those relationships based on such cowardly lies, I will point out the pure and unadulterated self-centeredness of them. Oh, look at how hard my life has been because I was too much of a coward to be truthful? Oh, my wife (or husband) who is now divorced and our children? Whatever....It was soooooo hard on me because I was too cowardly to tell the truth.

Look at me and how I've suffered because I lied! Fuck my ex and our kids.

Last edited:
I HATE it when gays are in my closet.

They are always straightening everything up and I can't find anything! Plus they keep throwing my favorite T-shirt in the trash. Dammit!

So say the cowards.

I don't give a shit who they love, but when their cowardly lies damage ex-spouses and the children of those relationships based on such cowardly lies, I will point out the pure and unadulterated self-centeredness of them. Oh, look at how hard my life has been because I was too much of a coward to be truthful? Oh, my wife (or husband) who is now divorced and our children? Whatever....It was soooooo hard on me because I was too cowardly to tell the truth.

Look at me and how I've suffered! Fuck my ex and our kids.

I never said those who enter a relationship falsely arent bad people, but people get divorced for a million reasons. You can be in a relationship, realize you dont love that person anymore one day and wish to leave it. I'm just saying if we didnt deamonize homosexuality the way we do, those cases wouldnt occur as often.

Why do queers have such a good sense of style?

They spent too much time in the closet

So say the cowards.

I never said those who enter a relationship falsely arent bad people, but people get divorced for a million reasons. You can be in a relationship, realize you dont love that person anymore one day and wish to leave it. I'm just saying if we didnt deamonize homosexuality the way we do, those cases wouldnt occur as often.
I don't know about you, but I take zero responsibility for someone making a deliberate choice to lie, especially when that lie damages others in a fake family a hell of a lot more than it does the cowards.

They lied and that was their choice to do so. And they took out other innocents as a result of their lie, but it's all about how hard their lying was on them. Give me a fucking break.

So say the cowards.

I don't know about you, but I take zero responsibility for someone making a deliberate choice to lie, especially when that lie damages others in a fake family a hell of a lot more than it does the cowards.

They lied and that was their choice to do so. And they took out other innocents as a result of their lie, but it's all about how hard their lying was on them. Give me a fucking break.

Fair enough. I see your point and it has a lot of truths to it.

Forum List

Back