Daley leaves WH as book details Michelle's distress over "white Irish Catholics"

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Obama's Chief of Staff, Bill Daley, leaving for Chicago at this point in time is most interesting.

It's being revealed in the new book about the Obama's that Michelle was greatly distressed over "white Irish Catholics" who she believed had a lock box on Chicago politics.

Now he will be co chairing Obama's re-election bid from what I've read, but I find this "Chief of Staff" exodus from the White House most fascinating.

Kantor writes Mrs. Obama "disapproved of how closely Daley held power, surrounding himself with three or four people who seemed to let few outsiders in -- a concern she would echo years later with her own husband.

"...She particularly resented the way power in Illinois was locked up generation after generation by a small group of families, all white Irish Catholic -- the Daleys in Chicago, the Hynes and Madigans statewide."

When Jarrett was forced out of City Hall in 1995 -- even though she was close to Daley -- "the Obamas were horrified, their worst suspicions about the world confirmed."

Michelle Obama: "Distressed" about Daley, Madigan, Hynes clout - Lynn Sweet

C'mon, TinyDancer ... at least she didn't call them "poor white trash Catholics."

:laugh:

She's a piece of work isn't she?

Hey girl, did you hear...?

Gossip

Nope. And no "anonymous sources" like left wing rags like to quote.They are listed.

Here ya go.

"Jarrett, Gibbs, Obama's top strategist David Axelrod, Mrs. Obama's former chief of staff Susan Sher and Chicago pals Eric Whitaker and Marty Nesbitt "gave me many hours of interview time each," Kantor wrote in her acknowledgements. In all, Kantor got the cooperation of 33 current and former members of the Obama administration and close friends.

Forum List

Back