Dalai Lama Accuses China of "Rule of Terror" And "Cultural Genocide."

Discussion in 'Asia' started by onedomino, Mar 16, 2008.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    While living in China, I learned about the lies printed in Chinese school books. Occasionally, I would ask my Chinese friends, "What about Tibet?" And they would respond, "Tibet has always been part of China." And these were highly educated Chinese, people I met at Fudan University in Shanghai. Most Chinese are unaware that Mao and the PLA stole Tibet in 1950, while the victors of WW2 stood by and did nothing except ineffectually complain. If the average Chinese is even aware that Tibetan independence is an issue, it is only because they heard it from foreigners, or read snippets that slipped through the firewall that Beijing uses to censor the internet.

2. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I agree...history is an interesting thing. A relative once told me that the winners write history. Boy was that wrong...history is everywhere, and it's all different. I wonder how the olympics will go...:confused:

3. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    I feel sorry for the tibetan people.

I have a deep, sincere admiration for their national character based on non violence.

But unfortunately this national ethos works against an effective resistance to the invaders and occupiers of their land.

4. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I have visited Lhasa. It is so high that there are O2 dispensers in some of the hotel rooms. The Dalai Lama's former residence is a spectacularly beautiful place. The Tibetan people are very different from the Chinese. Younger Chinese are mostly non-religious and the Tibetans are very deeply religious. It is extremely difficult for them to resist the Chinese because non-violence is a basic tenant of Buddhism. They do no know how to combat the Chinese, the people with the guns.

5. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I SUPPORT THE TIBETAN UPRISING AGAINST THE CHINESE.

I dont know why India isn't showing its full support to the Tibetans.Hell , we have a secret and covert Tibetan regiment in our Army known as the Special Frontier Force who are trained to operate behind CHinese lines.Clearly , New Delhi is afraid of angering Beijing. But what the hell? We have to fight them sooner or later!!!!!

All the countries should boycott the Beijing Olympics.That would teach the Communists a lesson and embarrass the Chinese Leadership.

I saw the latest news coming out from Zhonghonanhai. There is a new Vice President in place. This guy no doubt will follow the "noble" path undertaken by Comrade Mao.He is also in charge of the organization of the Beijing Olympics.What a load of bullshit..And the irony is that the ruling party in CHina is called the People's Party.

Did anyone see the latest pics streaming in from Lhasa?

NDTV sneaked in a few gruesome images into its telecast. The Chinese soldiers brutally shooting women and stuff like that. I'll try and get them though I doubt anyone would want to see them!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

I agree. I have visited many Buddhist monastries in Northern india and Nepal and the sense of calm and sanctity that prevails there soothes your mind.
    The bloodshed going on in Lhasa is a stark contrast to the principles of Buddhism.

7. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Aki,

Do you have links to your news sources? I want to see the video from Lhasa. Thank you. 1d.

8. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

I'll give you the link to the info stating the appointment of a new vice President in Beijing.

I am searching for the pics from Lhasa on the net but I cannot find them. As I said earlier , NDTV somehow managed to sneak in those pics of CHinese soldiers shooting a women. I saw it on T.V.The picture also showed her body with her head blown off which was grotesque.

I'll try getting it but it does look really sick.

9. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/08/03/16/10197698.html

China has banned YouTube which had videos of CHinese atrocities in Lhasa.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/16/wtibet416.xml

I myself have tried to open these videos but they are blocked even here in the Middle East. I dont know why...Do you get NDTV by any chance?

Look at the picture shown in the link below. Tibetans throw money at bodies of protestors shot by the Chinese.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/18/wtibet118.xml

I am afraid this is all I could get.. I keep tuning into NDTV which shows some pics coming from Lhasa.

10. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    The Chinese gunned their way into Lhasa 58 years ago and the Tibetans still want their country back. Political authority in China has nothing to do with the rule of law. Political authority is derived from the group with the most guns: the PLA.

Rolling Stones allowed censorship of their Shanghai concert. That's a long way from Street Fighting Man.

Hey! think the time is right for a palace revolution
    But where I live the game to play is compromise solution