Daisy and graveyard dirt

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Nosmo King, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,328
    My puppy Daisy loves to go walking in the cemetery close to my home. She romps like any other ten month old puppy and has a blast.

She has, however, a peculiar penchant for running across freshly closed graves. At this cemetery, once the floral tributes are removed, a soil-less mix of peat moss and vermiculite is added to the freshly closed grave to provide a seed base for the grass.

Daisy hits that stuff as if she is sliding into third! She runs back and forth, oblivious to my calls to stop. She rolls over the grave and buries her face in the soft, fresh soil.

This dog is bringing graveyard dirt back home with her! She is currently getting treatment for seborrhea as diagnosed by the vet. The treatment is a shampoo which is applied three times a week. For now, at least, she gets a regular bath. Once this treatment has run its course, her bath schedule gets rolled back to once every three weeks.

I may have graveyard dirt in the house this winter! Anything like bad luck associated with this?

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    no but i would get an oreck, if i were you