dairy free desserts? hints and help needed

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay i will admit i have a bad attitude about this...no matter how hard i try seems i get foiled.....something wont be just totally diary free....i know i can get dairy free milk or soy milk or almond fucking milk.....and i am hoping for dairy free butter....i just have no clue what to make ...i am think a fruit pie...i see a lot of stuff talking about coconut milk....which seems to be the latest rage and cure all right up there with ph balanced water...

i bet most of you have no clue what your water ph is

okay i will admit i have a bad attitude about this...no matter how hard i try seems i get foiled.....something wont be just totally diary free....i know i can get dairy free milk or soy milk or almond fucking milk.....and i am hoping for dairy free butter....i just have no clue what to make ...i am think a fruit pie...i see a lot of stuff talking about coconut milk....which seems to be the latest rage and cure all right up there with ph balanced water...

Lemon merengue pie is dairy free -- except the eggs.

I made a dairy free pumpkin pie. Shortening for the crust and soy milk in the filling.

And eggs aren’t dairy.

Jello.......... And not just the gelatin variety, use vanilla rice milk to make pudding (doesn't work with the instant mix).

OT:
Really? The pH of water is something kids are taught in middle school or junior high. Folks may not know the specific pH value for the water coming through their faucet or in a bottle, but I would think most folks, off the top of their head, know roughly what the pH of water is and that pH values of 6 to 8, regardless of what a specific value be within that range, are neither basic nor acidic. Folks who actually learned (rather than merely memorized it) that the pH scale ranges from 0-14; thus that pure water is most likely smack dab in the middle. Now how many members here fall into either group of former students is anybody's guess...

dairy free desserts? hints and help needed

I saw the title and read the OP and the first thing that came mind were the myriad fresh fruit desserts I ate in China. Indeed, it's somewhat uncommon to find dairy-based desserts in the PRC, and butter is nearly nonexistent; they have it, but very little is prepared using it. I'd thus suggest seeking Chinese dessert ideas. Some, indeed plenty, use eggs; however, there's no shortage of ones that look like they'd have dairing products in them yet don't. If you come by something you like, read the recipe.

Sorbet too is a simple option....but I suspect given what I've gleaned about your baking skills that you are looking for something more "involved" than that or "straight up" fresh fruit, the latter being easily the most common dessert I ate in China.

HONEY HOT CHOCOLATE
10 oz Purified Non-Mineral Water
2 oz Honey
3 TBSP Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder

Shake intensely
Microwave 2 minutes
Shake intensely

215 calories

Forum List

Back