Daily Show--'stoned slackers'? Not quite

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
NEW YORK (AP) -- The folks at Comedy Central were annoyed when Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly kept referring to "The Daily Show" audience as "stoned slackers."

So they did a little research. And guess whose audience is more educated?

Viewers of Jon Stewart's show are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch "The O'Reilly Factor," according to Nielsen Media Research.

O'Reilly's teasing came when Stewart appeared on his show earlier this month.

"You know what's really frightening?" O'Reilly said. "You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it's true. You've got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote."

Comedy Central executives realized, and O'Reilly acknowledged, that he was poking fun. But they said they didn't want a misconception to persist...(more)

nycflasher said:
NEW YORK (AP) -- The folks at Comedy Central were annoyed when Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly kept referring to "The Daily Show" audience as "stoned slackers."

Viewers of Jon Stewart's show are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch "The O'Reilly Factor," according to Nielsen Media Research.

Okay, so they are educated stoned slackers. What's your point?

:funnyface

nycflasher said:

O'Reilly's teasing came when Stewart appeared on his show earlier this month.

"You know what's really frightening?" O'Reilly said. "You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it's true. You've got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote."

Comedy Central executives realized, and O'Reilly acknowledged, that he was poking fun. But they said they didn't want a misconception to persist...(more)

Sociologically, no duh! Those that listen to Stewart are nearly all under30. Now, O'Reilly, all age demographics. How likely over 50 are college educated? Flasher, you want to come out and say those over 40, much less 50 w/o college degree are stupid?

His real name is Jon Leibowitz and he's a Jew. Not that that's got any relevance or anything. Jews just don't have all that much influence over our media, government, laws, culture, education, etc.

Oh, wait. Yes, they do.

William Joyce said:
His real name is Jon Leibowitz and he's a Jew. Not that that's got any relevance or anything.

Woah-ho-ho... you're almost sounding educated.
Keep up the good work.

Kathianne said:
Sociologically, no duh! Those that listen to Stewart are nearly all under30. Now, O'Reilly, all age demographics. How likely over 50 are college educated? Flasher, you want to come out and say those over 40, much less 50 w/o college degree are stupid?

You have to admit it's a bit ironic. Right?
I'm not arguing anything, I just find O'Reilly disputes a neverending source of enjoyment.

Merlin1047 said:
Okay, so they are educated stoned slackers. What's your point?

:funnyface

That at least they're educated, stoned slackers?
That O'Reilly fans are dolts? (just kidding, i find his show informative)

nycflasher said:
That at least they're educated, stoned slackers?
That O'Reilly fans are dolts? (just kidding, i find his show informative)

Well I'll tell you the truth. I find O'Reilly to be a pompous, arrogant, condescending windbag who abuses his callers. I agree with him about 98% of the time, but if I were having a party I'd invite slick Willie Clinton and not O'Reilly. Clinton would at least be entertaining and fun. O'Reilly would just give people an overwhelming urge to push his face in.

Forum List

Back