Daily Devotion August 24th, 2016

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Today's devotional is by A.B. Simpson! In this devotion Simpson touches on a problem that is rampant inside many churches today. Slander. If you see your brethren getting targeted with slander at your church, pray for that brother or sister that God will put a special shield of protection around them. Make sure and warn the slanderers that when they slander one of God's children, they are acting as an accuser of the brethren. That should not be. Hopefully, they will listen to you and repent!

August 24th, 2016

27567CB900000578-3028710-image-a-10_1428405591365.jpg

SIMPSON DEVOTIONAL

Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, August 14, 2016

I would rather play with the forked lightning than to speak a reckless word against any servant of Christ. I would rather take in my hands live wires with their fiery current than to idly repeat the slanderous darts which thousands of Christians are hurling at others to the hurt of their own souls and bodies.

You may wonder why your sickness is not healed, why your spirit is not filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit, why your life is not blessed and prosperous. It may be that some dart which you have flung with angry voice or in an idle hour of thoughtless gossip is pursuing you on its way. It is describing the circle which always brings back to the source from which it came every shaft of bitterness and every idle and evil word.

Let us remember that when we persecute or hurt the children of God, we are but persecuting Him and hurting ourselves far more.

Lord, make me as sensitive to the feelings and rights of others as I have often been to my own, and let me live and love like Thee.

Scripture
Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm—Psalm 105:15

Simpson Devotional

Psalm 101 King James Version (KJV)
101 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.

2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Forum List

Back