Daily Devotion August 22, 2016

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This morning's devotion is by William Gurnall and it is entitled, "The Weakness of Wickedness." This message will greatly encourage the disciples of Jesus Christ! Enjoy!

August 22nd, 2016

DVinfernoDemonsThreatenVirgil1-710x270.jpg

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. Isaiah 54:17

Psalm 105:14,15
Daily Reading By William Gurnall
Title: "The Weakness of wickedness"

They are called ‘wicked,’ as a name of contempt, for the encouragement of all believers in their combat with them.

As if God had said, ‘Fear them not; they are a wicked company you go against’—cause, and they who defend it, both ‘wicked.’ And truly, if the saints must have enemies, the worse they are the better it is. It would put mettle into a coward to fight with such a crew. Wickedness must needs be weak.

The devils’ guilt in their own bosoms tells them their cause is lost before the battle is fought.

They fear thee, Christian, because thou art holy, and therefore thou needest not be dismayed at them who are wicked. Thou lookest on them as subtle, mighty, and many, and then thy heart fails thee. But look on all these subtle mighty spirits as wicked ungodly wretches, that hate God more than thee, yea thee for thy kindred to him, and thou canst not but take heart.

Whose side is God on that thou art afraid? Will he that rebuked kings for touching his anointed ones and doing them harm in their bodies and estates, stand still, thinkest thou, and suffer these wicked spirits to attempt the life of God himself in thee, thy grace, thy holiness, without coming in to thy help? It is impossible.
Luke 10:19-20
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

http://www.ccel.org/g/gurnall/armour/armour2.pdf

Last edited:

He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Psalm 105: 14-15

Heavens%20light%20shines%20over%20Zermatt.jpg

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Forum List

Back