Daily Animal Medicine Cards for USMB

mountain-lion.jpg

Message from Mountain Lion (aka cougar, puma, panther) for 2/20/16, non contrary:

Mountain Lion can be a very difficult power totem for you to have, because it places you in a position to be a target for the problems of others. You could be blamed for things going wrong, or for always taking charge when others cannot or you could become the perfect justification for the insecurities of others.
If you have pulled the card of Mountain Lion, you may be asked to review the purpose behind your personal beliefs. You may need to discover wheather or not your plans include a pride of cubs wanting to be like you or to share in your dreams. If you are already a leader, the question may be whether or not the time has come to push the cubs out of the cave (metaphorically).
In assuming the place of power that Mountain Lion affords, you must constantly be aware of keeping peace. However, you can never make everyone happy unless you lie to yourself or others. This is human nature. Therefore, the first responsibility of leadership is to tell the truth. Know it and live it, and your example will filter down to the tiniest cub in the pride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More about Mountain Lion:

The panther animal totem is a very powerful and protective presence. If you have this creature as your totem, you are blessed to have such a fierce and aggressive guardian with you.

The panther is a symbol of courage, valor and power. The panther has also sometimes associated with the sun, and solar vibrancy in some cultures (South American, and Central American).

Individuals with panther totem s are usually people who come into this world with a spiritual knowing - a deeper understanding of spiritual things. These people often are very intuitive, psychic, and many are artistically inclined.
The panther animal totem asks us these questions...

Questions the Panther Totem Poses

What is my Shadow Self trying to tell me?

Are my passions helping or hindering me at this time?

Am I still on the right spiritual path for myself?

Am I suppressing latent desires?

Am I putting others' needs before my own to the point of self-neglect?

Am I being mindful of my movements - both physical and emotional?

Am I being defensive? Who or what am I protecting and why?
When the panther animal totem comes to us (whether it be in the form of images or real sightings) we must begin paying attention to the strength of our inner being - our internal fortitude, and the condition of our spiritual strength and valor. Panthers also beckon us to consider our darker side - analyze this side of ourselves and determine its motivation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another source:

Using leadership power wisely and without ego
Balancing power, intention, strength
Gaining self-confidence
Freedom from guilt
Cunning
For the Zunis of Turtle Island (Southwest United States), Cougar was the Master Hunter, known for its high intelligence, its knowledge of other animal and life forms, its physical prowess, its strength of will, and its intuitive ability. Cougar sees the maintenance of its territory as essential for its survival. Poshaiankia, the father of the Medicine Societies, designated Cougar the duty of carrying messages from humans to the higher spirits, because of this animal’s personal power, superior knowledge, strength of will, and steadfastness. Therefore, Cougar represents the link between ourselves and the most powerful spirits in Zuni Mythology: Mother Earth, Father Sky, and the Originator of All.

Forum List

Back