DAG!!! USMB is circling the drain!

This news makes me shudder.

zmvpxmvylmo5jx1ng9xr8kwt.gif

It doesn't seem the same board I joined such a short while ago. There is much more...anger?...than what I saw when I arrived.
It makes me tired.

Most boards I've been on have gone through this. Current members get comfortable with each other over time. New posters shake things up making the current members uncomfortable, some even get banned as a result.

Others dislike it so much that they even leave to start other boards! :wink_2:

USMB will continue to evolve as a message board that you will either like or not, it's that simple. So far I like it just fine.

Clockwise or counter clockwise? Counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise in the southern hemisphere.

Did you stop to think that you are the one evolving? That your perceptions are changing day to day. Our perceptions change minute to minute and day to day, mostly by a small degree but the change is there. Reflect upon how you saw things a year ago or 10 years ago and see how much you changed. The board also changes, people come and go, their perceptions change, events cause some to become bitter or some contented. And lets face it, the inlux of new people cause the same old information and threads to be regurgitated. That's just a nature of the beast.

But why are you here? To have a good discussion of ideas and events, to poke jabs at people or to espouse your inflamatory propaganda? It matters not because you gravitate to the level you belong and if you are an idoit or whatever you will be ignored. Unless someone feels like playing with you like a cat and a toy!

It doesn't seem the same board I joined such a short while ago. There is much more...anger?...than what I saw when I arrived.
It makes me tired.

I don't think it is as much anger as it is sheer stupidity and piling up of garbage.

Did you stop to think that you are the one evolving? That your perceptions are changing day to day.

Maybe so...but the majority of the sane normal people on here that I have spoken with have noticed the same decline.

New posters shake things up making the current members uncomfortable, some even get banned as a result.

If by "new posters" you are referring to "trolls" and by "shaking things up", you are referring to "unmoderated trolling", then you are correct.

New posters shake things up making the current members uncomfortable, some even get banned as a result.

If by "new posters" you are referring to "trolls" and by "shaking things up", you are referring to "unmoderated trolling", then you are correct.
If by "trolls" you mean "person with a different viewpoint than yourself", and by "unmoderated trolling" you mean "people getting upset by people who think outside the 'hive''. then yes, you are correct.

I've always posted on other boards, but for a long time this was "home".

The last few months as it's gotten significantly slower and the atmosphere changed here, I find myself spending more time elsewhere. It just doesn't feel like "home" anymore, and it's not the new arrivals doing that. It's been happening for some time.

I came with a wave of refugees myself, they all get sorted out eventually. Some will stay and adapt, some will slink off, and some will go out in a blaze of whatever they consider glory I'm sure. The forum had been noticeably slower and needed the post count to bounce back, an influx of newbs does that nicely. Whether the discussion is of any particular quality isn't usually a board like this one's concern.

It just feels....rudderless. Listless. Kind of a "Meh, who cares" thing going on. That's not the newbs, it's something else. :dunno:

Forum List

Back