DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Get someone who isn't a clueless bigoted prick to explain it to you. Just because you say something is so, doesn't make it so. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

After you calm down, you might want to recheck your premise. DADT was brought into being to give Gay's a break.

No it wasn't. It was brought in because gays were being harrassed by straight bigots. How is forcing gays into anonymity and firing them for exposing their sexuality beneficial to anybody? State-sponsored discrimination is all that it was. And now it's gone. All of the crying from the bigoted right won't bring it back.
Incorrect. Before DADT, you were asked DIRECTLY whether or not you were gay and if you answered yes, you were kicked out or not allowed to join. So, yes, DADT was brought about to allow gays to serve as long as they kept their sexuality to themselves.

You obviously have no idea how a modern military is run. You are EXPECTED to question irrational commands no matter how high the rank is that gave them to you.
?
That is 100% incorrect...
You have an AF symbol so I will assume that you are speaking from an AF perspective where questioning orders is tolerated to an extent but that is reserved for the technical fields in the AF. Go work with the army - you NEVER question an order no matter how screwy it sound. The answer that an army individual will give if you ask why you are doing something is usually "because we were ordered to." Usually, army members do not even understand why they are ordered to do what they are doing. Now, the ONLY order that you are ever expected to question (are required really) is an illegal order and usually those are not all that grey. Combat operations do not work when you have every ground soldier asking why for every order that they don't understand.
Still, most of the guys and gals discharged under DADT were people who outed themselves, when they figured out the military was the cool thing their recruiters told them it was. This was probably the case before DADT, which was my experience, that if you did your job and didn't cause trouble, no one cared what you did off duty.
This is the part that most people missed. There are extremely few 'investigations' or costly trials to remove suspected gay individuals from the military. Usually, a person outs themselves when they are getting kicked out anyway and they are removed on that because it is far simpler. We had one such case in my own shop. They had been trying to kick the member out for months but it is a costly and long process. One day, he outed himself and then they were able to fast track his discharge on that basis. We all knew he was gay long before that but no one actually peruses that and one reason is that DATD did not allow you to peruse it.

The repeal of DADT will alienate what few moderates in the Muslim nations we had developed some ties with. They cant be seen as supporting the homosexual affirming US in front of their neighbors and so we can never resolve this war on terror in a way that is good for us.

We will either have to stay in the ME and fight for ever or leave at some point and cut our losses. Everyone associated with us will suffer for it.

Our leadership is a bunch of politically correct fools and too many of the public still have respect for these sheep-skinned morons.

Our nation is going to recede till enough wake up and do what the nation needs done.

But our military will never again be the same quality of people it has been.

LOL, no, the ME does not care what our military is comprised of. We do a TON of things they are diametrically opposed to, that has nothing to do with our relationship. The prevailing religion in this country has FAR more to do with our relationship with ME countries than our policy on gays.

As far as the quality of soldier...

We have NEVER had a higher quality of military man then we have in the recent history of the military because we are an all volunteer force. Period.

Have someone who understands English better than you do explain it to you ;)

Well it certainly wouldn't be you with that horrid sentence structure. Learn how to write and then criticize me. :lol::lol::lol: What a maroon.

Got anything else? You've been shown wrong and all you can post are smileys?

I thought not.

There you go again. Assuming that just because I disagree with your OPINION (not any facts), I'm wrong. Are you that full of yourself or are you just stupid? Sit down and shut up, moron.

The repeal of DADT will alienate what few moderates in the Muslim nations we had developed some ties with. They cant be seen as supporting the homosexual affirming US in front of their neighbors and so we can never resolve this war on terror in a way that is good for us.

We will either have to stay in the ME and fight for ever or leave at some point and cut our losses. Everyone associated with us will suffer for it.

Our leadership is a bunch of politically correct fools and too many of the public still have respect for these sheep-skinned morons.

Our nation is going to recede till enough wake up and do what the nation needs done.

LOL, no, the ME does not care what our military is comprised of.

Of course it does. One of their most basic objections is that our forces are primarily Christian and we desecrate the Hejaz by stationing heathen troops there, from their point of view. Of course the composition of our forces has an effect.

We do a TON of things they are diametrically opposed to, that has nothing to do with our relationship.

Lol, there are things we do that they are diametrically opposed to, but that have no affect on our relationship?

That is so obviously bullpucky.

The prevailing religion in this country has FAR more to do with our relationship with ME countries than our policy on gays.

Sure it does, but Chrisitans are closer to Muslims system of beliefs than any other group, overall. When we pile homophilic stupidity on top of all that it just makes things worse.

We have NEVER had a higher quality of military man then we have in the recent history of the military because we are an all volunteer force. Period.

Bull. You do not know what you are talking about.

LOL, no, the ME does not care what our military is comprised of.

Of course it does. One of their most basic objections is that our forces are primarily Christian and we desecrate the Hejaz by stationing heathen troops there, from their point of view. Of course the composition of our forces has an effect.

Lol, there are things we do that they are diametrically opposed to, but that have no affect on our relationship?

That is so obviously bullpucky.

The prevailing religion in this country has FAR more to do with our relationship with ME countries than our policy on gays.

Sure it does, but Chrisitans are closer to Muslims system of beliefs than any other group, overall. When we pile homophilic stupidity on top of all that it just makes things worse.

Bull. You do not know what you are talking about.

Yes I do know what I am talking about and as you seem to think otherwise, why not point out where pur military is failing because of the gays that are part of it? Where have the gays ruined our military cohesion?

Interestingly enough, some of the greatest generals in history just happen to be gay - who would have thought...

As far as the ME goes, you have no concept whatsoever how and why our relationship is what it is. If you think it gay's in our society or military have impact on ME countries and their opinion of America you are an idiot. Not only that but the opinion or actions of another country should have no bearing at all on our decisions that we make for our own citizens. I don't care of your country does not like the freedoms or vices that we have here in our country OR on bases that we have established in your country as a matter of war. Don't like it, tough.

Well it certainly wouldn't be you with that horrid sentence structure. Learn how to write and then criticize me. :lol::lol::lol: What a maroon.

Got anything else? You've been shown wrong and all you can post are smileys?

I thought not.

There you go again. Assuming that just because I disagree with your OPINION (not any facts), I'm wrong. Are you that full of yourself or are you just stupid? Sit down and shut up, moron.

He also totally changed what you said, which was originally:
So, because I disagree with your opinion I have a low IQ and don't understand English? What a maroon.

I do not understand why some people think that such straw men prove anything other than that they have given up trying to use reason to defend themselves.

Sex wasn’t the issue, it is a small part of what it is to be gay, as with heterosexuals.

The US military is now in compliance with the Constitution, and everyone should be in support of that, regardless his political ideology.

The DADT issue has nothing to do with the Constitution.

In the Military do men and women sleep and shower in the same rooms with each other?

They are seperated because of sexual attraction.

No, they're seperated because they are different sexes. Gay men are still men, therefore they room with other men. Same goes for women. What do you think goes on in the military - all night orgies? DO you think gay men are going to start openly beating off all over straight men just because they can now be openly gay? I can see it now - "Yaaaa, DADT is gone! Now us gay people can sexually harrass the straight people and there's nothing they can do about it. Our plan of gay world domination is falling into place. MWAHAHAHAHA. Thanks, Obama!"

You're simply an imbecile who isn't worth debating.

Yes I do know what I am talking about and as you seem to think otherwise, why not point out where pur military is failing because of the gays that are part of it? Where have the gays ruined our military cohesion?

It is going to happen over time, not instantly over night simply because the law was repealed.

We will see lower enlistments, lower re-enlistments and more conflicts in units. We will see the gays acting out more and pushing for even more change, like forcing the military to recognise homosexual marraige, etc, and then trying to silence anyone that disagrees.

Interestingly enough, some of the greatest generals in history just happen to be gay - who would have thought...

More bullshit. The homosexual 'community' tries to claim alot of generals through history, most of whom never thought of themselves as homosexual, such as Alexander the Great.

Untill the widespread adoption of Christianity, a person did not identify themselves based on the sexual preferences. It was merely one form of pleasure versus another, and even among the men in long term relationships with other men, they never engaged in anal sex because they considered it grotesque and filthy, which it is.

As far as the ME goes, you have no concept whatsoever how and why our relationship is what it is. If you think it gay's in our society or military have impact on ME countries and their opinion of America you are an idiot.

No, my realization that most Muslims on the street take their faith seriously and absolutely despise homosexuality and see the West as morally evil for not merely tolerating it but allowing members of their government and military to promote it, shows I know what I am talking about while you repeat the GLBT talking points.

Only an idiot would think that having open homosexuals serving overseas would have no negative impact on how Muslims view us, and that that wont affect our long term chances of ending the 'War on Terror' with any kind of success.

Not only that but the opinion or actions of another country should have no bearing at all on our decisions that we make for our own citizens.

Perhaps for our civilian laws, but not for our military. No one has a right to serve in our military, and if a category of people will cause a negative impact on our ability to use our military constructiuvely in foreign nations then they should not be allowed to serve in our military.

I don't care of your country does not like the freedoms or vices that we have here in our country OR on bases that we have established in your country as a matter of war. Don't like it, tough.

Yeah, and that attitude you have is exactly why we dont need to have homosexuals in our military. Actually being able to implement our nations foreign policy must take priority over the personal sexual choices of our men and women serving.

You subordinate our nations interests to your reflexive resentment toward our government using complete control of what we do where it impacts our foreign relations. That points back to the findamental problem of having homosexuals in our military; serving is less important to them than asserting who they think they are to the world. In their minds sex always trumps success in our nations challenges.

Last edited:
The DADT issue has nothing to do with the Constitution.

I’m sure you understand we believe a US District judge on the matter rather than you:

Judge Phillips said that she had "kept well in mind" the "overriding principle" of judicial deference to Congress' authority to set policies for the military, but that the plaintiffs in the case had demonstrated that the policy violated their rights under the Fifth and First Amendments.

"Plaintiff has demonstrated it is entitled to the relief sought on behalf of its members, a judicial declaration that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Act violates the Fifth and First Amendments, and a permanent injunction barring its enforcement," she wrote.

'Don't Ask Don't Tell': Judge Orders Immediate Suspension of Ban on Openly Gay Troops - ABC News

Last I checked the Fifth and First Amendments were part of the Constitution.

Here are my thoughts on DADT. The following is a chart of how many people were discharged in any given year under DADT.

Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The worst year, was not unsurprisingly 2001, when the War on Terror started. 1273 were ousted that year. After that, the number started declining, probably because the military was less likely to want to get rid of people during a war.

Most years, the number of discharges was closer to 800 year, out of a military that has 2 million in uniform at any given time. So really, it only affected about 4/100th of the force. Keep in mind, Gay advocates keep telling us that gays are 10% of the population.

It's always been my opinion that under DADT and even before it when it was a straight up discharge issue, the only people who got thrown out for being gay were -

1) People who were dirtbags the military wanted to be rid of, and that was the path of least resistance

and

2) People who realized that the military wasn't the huge bowl of fun their recruiter painted it as, and decided they'd rather be doing something else with their best years.

Gay folks who did their job and kept their private lives out of the workplace were probably not bothered in the least. I knew that was the case when I was in, several guys I suspected or knew were gay, but no one cared as long as they saluted and marched.

So Obama spent a lot of political capital getting rid of a policy that really only impacted a few people, who were the least worthy of the uniforms they wore. And he did it about a week before the courts would have struck down the law, anyway.

Not seeing "Profiles in Courage" here.

I would ask instead why they hate the gays?

It's not like they follow the fucking Bible. Let him die? Applauding executions?

They might as well be screaming, "Give us Barabbas".

It's not like they follow the fucking Bible. Let him die? Applauding executions?

Yeah, because Jesus was so gay....lol.

Actually, the Bible is pretty fucking bloodthirsty, so I wouldn't go there. If we apply Biblical standards to executions, we wouldn't need prisons. We'd have just executed them all.

So Obama confronted a non-issue before the courts did it for him. This is leadership?

Forum List

Back