DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
They were able to see naked men before the repeal of DADT. What's the difference? True professionals won't let their sexuality get in the way of doing their job. DO you think that gay people are unable to control sexual urges?

You, Yes, You are unable. You are already on Record. :D :lol:

On record for what? Calling you out for the bigot that you are? Yes, yes I am. You can put your head back up your ass now.

I'm Prejudiced against Dick Head's... Yeah... You nailed it.... No getting by you..... Look .... over there.... peeing on the third rail.... Dick Head...Don't!!! :eek:

The way you're using it, yes it does elude me. Call it a stepping stone if it makes you feel better, but that's not what it was. It was state-sponsored discrimination.

Well, I can't make it monosyllabic. Get someone with a bit higher IQ to explain it to you.

Get someone who isn't a clueless bigoted prick to explain it to you. Just because you say something is so, doesn't make it so. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

After you calm down, you might want to recheck your premise. DADT was brought into being to give Gay's a break.

The way you're using it, yes it does elude me. Call it a stepping stone if it makes you feel better, but that's not what it was. It was state-sponsored discrimination.

Well, I can't make it monosyllabic. Get someone with a bit higher IQ to explain it to you.

Get someone who isn't a clueless bigoted prick to explain it to you. Just because you say something is so, doesn't make it so. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

You do realize that you just called yourself a clueless bigoted prick, right?

Context is fun!

DADT was indeed considered progress by the gay community when it was first introduced. I remember that.

In the 1980's I voted Republican. In the 1990's I voted Democrat. Reluctantly. But I was very disenchanted with the Republicans in Washington.

So I had conservative leanings but was open-minded about Clinton succeeding as president.

And I remember that I thought Clinton had made a huge mistake in making DADT his first big action as president. I thought he was doing it for political gain and was not showing good presidential priorities.

As typical with any revolutionary policy, there were unforeseen consequences. These consequences included violence against gays and suspected gays which they couldn't report because if they reported being attacked they could be outed in the investigation and might get kicked out of the military.

Unforeseen consequences are something these sweeping-change-Democrats never seem to care about. Leap first. Put together the splattered corpses later.

^^^^^
That is the conservative side of me speaking.

And still I am glad that DADT was repealed.

Last edited:
I am in favor of full "equality of opportunity" for all. If a person meets all the eligibility requirements to serve in the military, they should be allowed to serve.

If Homosexuals want to get married, the should be able to marry. If they want to adopt children, they should be allowed to adopt children.

I think it is time for Americans to move on to more important issues.

Nope not at all. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. It shouldn't be brought up. Period. We are talking about National security here. That's not something you experiment and play politics with.

We have much more urgent issues than this.

How is sexual preference a matter of national security? I agree, we have much more important issues to deal with than whether or not we are going to appease a very small minority of bigots and reinstate DADT. DADT is gone. Deal with it.

Who on earth said sexual preference is a matter of national security? The military is a matter of national security. You don't freakin play politics with the military.

The military is supposed to kill enemies and break things. Sexual preference has nothing to do with it. We don't need to know about it. We shouldn't be concerned about it. It's irrelevant.

Why you want to play around with out military instead of letting them do their job is beyond me.

Nope not at all. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. It shouldn't be brought up. Period. We are talking about National security here. That's not something you experiment and play politics with.

How is sexual preference a matter of national security? I agree, we have much more important issues to deal with than whether or not we are going to appease a very small minority of bigots and reinstate DADT. DADT is gone. Deal with it.

Who on earth said sexual preference is a matter of national security? The military is a matter of national security. You don't freakin play politics with the military.

The military is supposed to kill enemies and break things. Sexual preference has nothing to do with it. We don't need to know about it. We shouldn't be concerned about it. It's irrelevant.

Why you want to play around with out military instead of letting them do their job is beyond me.
Well stated.:clap2:

DADT required the military to make an issue of sexuality.

By repealing it, it mostly removes the issue. I say mostly, because there is still the problem of if/whether/when the spouses/domestic partnerships of gay people will be accorded the same status as the spouses of heterosexuals for benefits.

But essentially it makes the issue much less of a deal than it was with DADT when someone could spend years training for an important military job and then be kicked out because he slipped and mentioned that he was gay.

Does anyone have a link to figures about how much time and money was spent investigating and holding proceedings to eventually discharge people who were suspected of being gay?

This poll is just for us right wingers. Do you support the repeal of DADT?

I am a conservative and could not care less what your sexuality is, that's pretty much how most of us conservatives think. It's nobody's business, sexuality is a PRIVATE issue whether you are a homosexual or a heterosexual. The only time is should be anyone else's business in when there is a sexual PREDITOR involved.

They were able to see naked men before the repeal of DADT. What's the difference?
And straight men are able to see naked women before inlisting, so why not let the men and women shower together to?

United States Code
TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A - General Military Law
PART II - PERSONNEL
CHAPTER 37 - GENERAL SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
§ 654. Policy concerning homosexuality in the armed forces​

Since you say that sexual "preference" is irrelevant to military service, then can we assume you supported the repeal of 10USC§ 654 since it barred a group of people from service based on sexual "preference"?

>>>>

This poll is just for us right wingers. Do you support the repeal of DADT?

I am a conservative and could not care less what your sexuality is, that's pretty much how most of us conservatives think. It's nobody's business, sexuality is a PRIVATE issue whether you are a homosexual or a heterosexual. The only time is should be anyone else's business in when there is a sexual PREDITOR involved.

That's pretty close to how I feel. It's not my business whether the vacation pictures a soldier shows have equal numbers of men and women or only men or only women. It's between the soldier and his/her friends.

And there shouldn't be boards of inquiry set up to investigate and discharge someone because his vacation pictures had too many men in them.

Interesting point. I had not thought of it in that manner but it makes a lot of sense.

Wow, cock lips. Good point, cock lips brings a lot to the table....What he is saying makes a lot of sense. Integrating the military is a process, one that goes easier over a period of time rather than an immediate thrust. I can't speak to the validity of that being the intention but the outcome is rather clear - it worked.

Tell it to the guy who called me a 'dick head'. I'm sure you criticised himfor insulting me first, right? Of course you did.

As to your point. No, it didn't work. Good men and women who were trained by their gov't toi the tune of millions of tax payer dollars were kicked out of the military either becuase they openly admitted their sexuality or because they were outed by vindictive coworkers. There is nothing good about it.

You brought it on Yourself. It's those people skill's of yours, like wearing a sign on your back that say's "Kick Me Again, I Like It".

So, you're unable to make a point without insulting somebody, and it's all my fault? I made you do it? Do you also blame the short skirt for making you rape the girl? The wife's cooking for making you punch her?

Last edited:

After you calm down, you might want to recheck your premise. DADT was brought into being to give Gay's a break.

No it wasn't. It was brought in because gays were being harrassed by straight bigots. How is forcing gays into anonymity and firing them for exposing their sexuality beneficial to anybody? State-sponsored discrimination is all that it was. And now it's gone. All of the crying from the bigoted right won't bring it back.

:lol::lol::lol: Hyberbole much? How does knowing somebody's sexual preference equate to compromising our security? Do you think that firing service members who have been trained with millions of taxpayer dollars makes us safer?

You do realize that you just called yourself a clueless bigoted prick, right?

Context is fun!

You do realize that you just admitted that you have a low IQ, right? To bad that context escaped you. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back