DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Homosexuals should be separated in the military the same way men and women are.

How about the same way as blacks and whites like they were before 1948? After all many of the same arguments are used (not natural, troop moral, etc.).

In the Military do men and women sleep and shower in the same rooms with each other?

They are seperated because of sexual attraction.

Nope not at all. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. It shouldn't be brought up. Period. We are talking about National security here. That's not something you experiment and play politics with.

We have much more urgent issues than this.

How is sexual preference a matter of national security? I agree, we have much more important issues to deal with than whether or not we are going to appease a very small minority of bigots and reinstate DADT. DADT is gone. Deal with it.

There was a time when Blackmail was a tool in gathering Intelligence. Not that logic is relevant to you.

Yes. Do you realize that DADT was a Stepping Stone? That at one point in time, the Gay Community was protected by it?

Oh how very nice of you to want to protect those gay people from being able to be openly gay in the military. :cuckoo:

It was a Stepping Stone Dick Head. Times have changed.

No it wasn't, cock-lips. It was a way to appease bigots in the military. Times have changed. Their bigoted ways are no longer acceptable.

Nope not at all. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. It shouldn't be brought up. Period. We are talking about National security here. That's not something you experiment and play politics with.

How is sexual preference a matter of national security? I agree, we have much more important issues to deal with than whether or not we are going to appease a very small minority of bigots and reinstate DADT. DADT is gone. Deal with it.

I know different ways that sexual preference could be a matter of national security.

Of the ones I can see, having people hide their sexuality or lose their jobs seems to me to be the greatest threat.

If you're forcing them to keep a secret, they can be blackmailed with it.

And if you're discharging them once they accidentally out themselves - or once someone else outs them - then you're compromising whatever missions they were training for and wasting all the money spent in preparing them for those missions.

Thereby risking national security over sexuality.

Oh how very nice of you to want to protect those gay people from being able to be openly gay in the military. :cuckoo:

No it wasn't, cock-lips. It was a way to appease bigots in the military. Times have changed. Their bigoted ways are no longer acceptable.

Hey, deal with your fantasies and fetishes elsewhere, "Little-Rod-That Can't -Stand-Up" (I call you by your Spirit Name) ;)

Before DADT, Gay's were thrown out Period. DADT gave Gay's the opportunity to keep lifestyle choices on the QT. Could you be more disingenuous? Is it possible?

Homosexuals should be separated in the military the same way men and women are.

How about the same way as blacks and whites like they were before 1948? After all many of the same arguments are used (not natural, troop moral, etc.).

In the Military do men and women sleep and shower in the same rooms with each other?

No, they're seperated because they are different sexes. Gay men are still men, therefore they room with other men. Same goes for women. What do you think goes on in the military - all night orgies? DO you think gay men are going to start openly beating off all over straight men just because they can now be openly gay? I can see it now - "Yaaaa, DADT is gone! Now us gay people can sexually harrass the straight people and there's nothing they can do about it. Our plan of gay world domination is falling into place. MWAHAHAHAHA. Thanks, Obama!"

Hey, deal with your fantasies and fetishes elsewhere, "Little-Rod-That Can't -Stand-Up" (I call you by your Spirit Name) ;)

Before DADT, Gay's were thrown out Period. DADT gave Gay's the opportunity to keep lifestyle choices on the QT. Could you be more disingenuous? Is it possible?

Could you be more of a thinly-veiled bigot? Is it possible?

No, they're seperated because they are different sexes. Gay men are still men, therefore they room with other men. Same goes for women. What do you think goes on in the military - all night orgies? DO you think gay men are going to start openly beating off all over straight men just because they can now be openly gay? I can see it now - "Yaaaa, DADT is gone! Now us gay people can sexually harrass the straight people and there's nothing they can do about it. Our plan of gay world domination is falling into place. MWAHAHAHAHA. Thanks, Obama!"

At least you are honest, "Puff". ;) :lol:

Correct. And does it affect anyone here by what gays/straights do in thier private lives?

Answer? No. Thus my response. This is just a silly diversion to keep people occupied while we are being bled to death financially by the elites in government, and our liberties being subverted as you have pointed out.

I think a homosexual male would like to see other males naked, the way a heterosexual male would like to see women naked.

This poll is just for us right wingers. Do you support the repeal of DADT?

Yes. Do you realize that DADT was a Stepping Stone? That at one point in time, the Gay Community was protected by it?

The concept of a "stepping stone" elude you?

At the time it was passed, it was applauded by the gay community. Because up until then a soldier or potential recruit could be asked if they were gay. And they had to answer. If they answered positive, then they were kicked out with a dishonorable discharge, or never allowed to enlist.

DADT brought a stop to that. A soldier or a recruit could not be asked if they were gay, and if they were asked anyway they were under no obligation to respond.

Now, DADT has served it's purpose as a building block to allow gays to serve openly and it's a good thing it is going away.

I think a homosexual male would like to see other males naked, the way a heterosexual male would like to see women naked.

They were able to see naked men before the repeal of DADT. What's the difference? True professionals won't let their sexuality get in the way of doing their job. DO you think that gay people are unable to control sexual urges?

Last edited:

Interesting point. I had not thought of it in that manner but it makes a lot of sense.

Wow, cock lips. Good point, cock lips brings a lot to the table....

What he is saying makes a lot of sense. Integrating the military is a process, one that goes easier over a period of time rather than an immediate thrust. I can't speak to the validity of that being the intention but the outcome is rather clear - it worked.

As to the poll - yes, I can say that I support it and really don't care what my stance on the issue is as to supporting the new policy (or lack thereof). I find a lot of fault in requiring straight men and women to share rooms, communal showers/bathrooms and the like but somehow integrated facilities between men and women are unacceptable but in the end all that matters is that the commander in chief declared an end to the policy and therefore I must support that policy. The only problem I have with the policy at all is that congress got their noses in something that they have no business being involved in. That happened under the old policy as well. It is up to the POTUS to determine the overall policies in the military and, quite frankly, what people or congress think of those policies is meaningless. The military operated on a different set of rules than the general public.
All sexuality belongs in the closet and private. It's no one else's damned business.

Sex wasn’t the issue, it is a small part of what it is to be gay, as with heterosexuals.

The US military is now in compliance with the Constitution, and everyone should be in support of that, regardless his political ideology.
What a load of crap. The military does not fully operate under the constitutional rights that civilians are privileged to have protected and you know that. As a military member, you are subject to the loss of many of your rights. It is not a 'fair' or free system and it should not be. That is how military works and you best be aware of that before you decide to sign up. That is why service is such a big deal. You lose that which we hold most dear, your freedoms, in order to protect the same.

At the time it was passed, it was applauded by the gay community. Because up until then a soldier or potential recruit could be asked if they were gay. And they had to answer. If they answered positive, then they were kicked out with a dishonorable discharge, or never allowed to enlist.

DADT brought a stop to that. A soldier or a recruit could not be asked if they were gay, and if they were asked anyway they were under no obligation to respond.

Now, DADT has served it's purpose as a building block to allow gays to serve openly and it's a good thing it is going away.

The way you're using it, yes it does elude me. Call it a stepping stone if it makes you feel better, but that's not what it was. It was state-sponsored discrimination.

The way you're using it, yes it does elude me. Call it a stepping stone if it makes you feel better, but that's not what it was. It was state-sponsored discrimination.

Well, I can't make it monosyllabic. Get someone with a bit higher IQ to explain it to you.

They were able to see naked men before the repeal of DADT. What's the difference? True professionals won't let their sexuality get in the way of doing their job. DO you think that gay people are unable to control sexual urges?

You, Yes, You are unable. You are already on Record. :D :lol:

Interesting point. I had not thought of it in that manner but it makes a lot of sense.

Wow, cock lips. Good point, cock lips brings a lot to the table....What he is saying makes a lot of sense. Integrating the military is a process, one that goes easier over a period of time rather than an immediate thrust. I can't speak to the validity of that being the intention but the outcome is rather clear - it worked.

Tell it to the guy who called me a 'dick head'. I'm sure you criticised himfor insulting me first, right? Of course you did.

As to your point. No, it didn't work. Good men and women who were trained by their gov't toi the tune of millions of tax payer dollars were kicked out of the military either becuase they openly admitted their sexuality or because they were outed by vindictive coworkers. There is nothing good about it.

You, Yes, You are unable. You are already on Record. :D :lol:

On record for what? Calling you out for the bigot that you are? Yes, yes I am. You can put your head back up your ass now.

Well, I can't make it monosyllabic. Get someone with a bit higher IQ to explain it to you.

Get someone who isn't a clueless bigoted prick to explain it to you. Just because you say something is so, doesn't make it so. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

Wow, cock lips. Good point, cock lips brings a lot to the table....What he is saying makes a lot of sense. Integrating the military is a process, one that goes easier over a period of time rather than an immediate thrust. I can't speak to the validity of that being the intention but the outcome is rather clear - it worked.

Tell it to the guy who called me a 'dick head'. I'm sure you criticised himfor insulting me first, right? Of course you did.

As to your point. No, it didn't work. Good men and women who were trained by their gov't toi the tune of millions of tax payer dollars were kicked out of the military either becuase they openly admitted their sexuality or because they were outed by vindictive coworkers. There is nothing good about it.

You brought it on Yourself. It's those people skill's of yours, like wearing a sign on your back that say's "Kick Me Again, I Like It".

New Topics

Forum List

Back