DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Banned
So far 67% in favor. 33% opposed.

Of course it's only 3 votes so far. Bumping for a few more votes. :)

Last edited:
  • Banned
All sexuality belongs in the closet and private. It's no one else's damned business.

So no more benefits for military widows, no kisses on the dock when you ship out, no family privileges at the commissary, no family pictures on the desk or locker, no introductions of your spouses at weekend celebrations, no talk about people you're missing at home, no announcing your plans for your weekend pass, no taking your friends along with you if a date might be involved, no discussion of what you did when you return, etc., etc., etc.

All sexuality belongs in the closet and private. It's no one else's damned business.

So no more benefits for military widows, no kisses on the dock when you ship out, no family privileges at the commissary, no family pictures on the desk or locker, no introductions of your spouses at weekend celebrations, no talk about people you're missing at home, no announcing your plans for your weekend pass, no taking your friends along with you if a date might be involved, no discussion of what you did when you return, etc., etc., etc.

That's the problem, that's what homosexual troops have to go through.

Homosexuals should be separated in the military the same way men and women are.

SO, why did the military bring it out of the closet by passing DADT in the first place?:eusa_eh:

To Protect Gay's in the Military. That's part of the problem with revisionist History. You need to keep your stories straight. :eek: Oh My! I didn't mean to offend you by using the word straight! Shit! I did it again! :eek:

That's the problem, that's what homosexual troops have to go through.

I know. And I can only imagine how awful it must have been. Thinking about the amount of stress those young people are already under with all those repeat tours and so little time at home in between. At the times when you most need the lifeline to your loved ones for strength you have to actively hide them, and all the psychological and social complications which come with not being able to share the things heterosexuals take for granted. And to live in fear that you might out yourself, or that someone else might out you. :confused:

Sex wasn’t the issue, it is a small part of what it is to be gay, as with heterosexuals.

The US military is now in compliance with the Constitution, and everyone should be in support of that, regardless his political ideology.

Nope not at all. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. It shouldn't be brought up. Period. We are talking about National security here. That's not something you experiment and play politics with.

We have much more urgent issues than this.

Homosexuals should be separated in the military the same way men and women are.

How about the same way as blacks and whites like they were before 1948? After all many of the same arguments are used (not natural, troop moral, etc.).

This poll is just for us right wingers. Do you support the repeal of DADT?

Yes. Do you realize that DADT was a Stepping Stone? That at one point in time, the Gay Community was protected by it?

Oh how very nice of you to want to protect those gay people from being able to be openly gay in the military. :cuckoo:

Nope not at all. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. It shouldn't be brought up. Period. We are talking about National security here. That's not something you experiment and play politics with.

We have much more urgent issues than this.

How is sexual preference a matter of national security? I agree, we have much more important issues to deal with than whether or not we are going to appease a very small minority of bigots and reinstate DADT. DADT is gone. Deal with it.

This poll is just for us right wingers. Do you support the repeal of DADT?

Yes. Do you realize that DADT was a Stepping Stone? That at one point in time, the Gay Community was protected by it?

Oh how very nice of you to want to protect those gay people from being able to be openly gay in the military. :cuckoo:

It was a Stepping Stone Dick Head. Times have changed.

New Topics

Forum List

Back