DADT just passed the House

OOPS, well, the repeal of DADT passed.
Just saw it on TV.

They ought to legislate the DADC policy.

(don't ask don't care).

When I served, I know perfectly well that some of the people I served with were gay.

They did their duty and I trusted them with my life.

No big deal.

Well, I'm all for it. But I still say if the gays get to sleep together in the barracks then the straight guys should get to have their girlfriends in too. Now that's equality. :eusa_angel:

It is no skin off my nose about the dadt nonsense , Willowtree has a great idea about letting the Guy's have a Girlfriend spend the night :razz::razz:

It very well might not end up causing any issues whatsoever, but I would have preferred it not happen when so many soldiers are at war.

Ok, by that logic....you would have rather kept everything the way it is now and kick out the ones who get outted during a war? How does that make sense?

Do you honestly think there are none in the military now? Do you think because of this new DADT policy, suddenly a slew of gays are going to join up now?

Civilians are so naive.

Well, I'm all for it. But I still say if the gays get to sleep together in the barracks then the straight guys should get to have their girlfriends in too. Now that's equality. :eusa_angel:

:lol: Every day you make me laugh, Willow...

Now, now....No one is going to be having SEX in the barracks! :eusa_shhh:

It's just that THOUSANDS of soldiers won't have to lie about who they are as they fight for FREEDOM under the American flag. Makes sense to me.

and just what makes you think they won't be having sex in the barracks?

Because fraternization will get you kicked out of the service, dumb ass. You think there will be rainbow parties and orgies in the barracks now? Are you this dumb? Nothing is going to change.

I looked at the vote count and just once I wish the damn republicans would do the right thing and not just oppose EVERYTHING.

First McCain is all for it, not he is against it of course. 70% of America is for allowing gays to just say they are gay, but the republicans lock stepped again. How can you respect that party?

Last edited:
It very well might not end up causing any issues whatsoever, but I would have preferred it not happen when so many soldiers are at war.

Ok, by that logic....you would have rather kept everything the way it is now and kick out the ones who get outted during a war? How does that make sense?

Do you honestly think there are none in the military now? Do you think because of this new DADT policy, suddenly a slew of gays are going to join up now?

Civilians are so naive.

Way to assume. Nobody has a crystal ball and can predict exactly how this policy will impact soldiers on the battlefield. Let's not pretend though that there isn't the slightest possibility that some soldier, or group of soldiers, within a unit aren't going to have some negative comments about this. I wouldn't want them distracted by such nonsense for ALL of their safety. That does not mean wanting anyone excluded from service.

THE MALE EGO equates to--WHEN IT COMES TO SEXUALITY-- 99.9% OF THE TIME IS A PACK OF LIES ABOUT WHO, WHEN, WHAT, WHERE.--LOL. Been that way for centuries--no reason to change now--LOL

And your evidence of this sexist blanket statement is what exactly?

Forum List

Back