DADT just passed the House

I doubt the guys in the military don't talk about the girls back home.

Most of them probably enjoy hearing about Jim getting in Mary's pants, but not so much listening about Joe sucking Jack's cock.:lol:

My entire point is: No Man that really loves a woman talks to other men about sexual encounters with that woman--his wife--his girlfriend--whatever. Nor would any gay talk about someone they love of the same sex in a derogatory manner. IOW--they keep it to themselves.

It's just human nature. So please don't tell me, and I can assure you that I will not ask.

Jeez. I put it in big font so you can understand.

This might come as a shock, but not everything a gay person says or does is revolved around sex.

If Captain asks Sarge about his girlfriend back home, Sarge can say, "I don't have a girlfriend, I have a boyfriend."

Take a deep breath before getting huffy puffy on indignation.

Well who gives a crap about that. I am straight--been married for over 30 years and there is absolutely no way--I would put up with my husband telling anyone what we do in our bedroom.

Who gives a crap. Now gays want to "broadcast" what they do to each other--give me a freakin break.

What--they NEED TO be ordered from the Federal Government to don't tell--don't ask--crap I don't want to know--neither would I ask. If they really want to be accepted in this society--then freaking act like the rest of us--and keep your freakin sexual encounters to yourself dumbass.

Most of them probably enjoy hearing about Jim getting in Mary's pants, but not so much listening about Joe sucking Jack's cock.:lol:

More than likely that is what goes on. But my entire point is--sexual preference--is in my opinion open to advertisement. IOW--You could have some guy talking about Mary--but it never happened--and this person is actually gay. LIES when it comes to sexuality are in abundance.

The entire point is--regardless of sexual preference--it is a PRIVATE matter, not PUBLIC and it should remain that way. PERIOD.

THE MALE EGO equates to--WHEN IT COMES TO SEXUALITY-- 99.9% OF THE TIME IS A PACK OF LIES ABOUT WHO, WHEN, WHAT, WHERE.--LOL. Been that way for centuries--no reason to change now--LOL

Last edited:
Definition please. What is a DADT and why do we wish to repeal it?

Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) is the common term for the policy restricting the United States military from efforts to discover or reveal closeted gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members or applicants, while barring those that are openly gay, lesbian, or bisexual from military service. The restrictions are mandated by federal law Pub.L. 103-160 (10 U.S.C. § 654).

Well who gives a crap about that. I am straight--been married for over 30 years and there is absolutely no way--I would put up with my husband telling anyone what we do in our bedroom.

Who gives a crap. Now gays want to "broadcast" what they do to each other--give me a freakin break.

What--they NEED TO be ordered from the Federal Government to don't tell--don't ask--crap I don't want to know--neither would I ask. If they really want to be accepted in this society--then freaking act like the rest of us--and keep your freakin sexual encounters to yourself dumbass.

Let me tell you about guys in the military...they talk about their sexual conquests (including "tricks" with the wifee) all the time. And we started the saying "What goes on deployment, stays on deployment." If your husband was in the military...rest assured, there was more than a 90% chance he shared parts of what you did in the bedroom.

:lol: Every day you make me laugh, Willow...

Now, now....No one is going to be having SEX in the barracks! :eusa_shhh:

It's just that THOUSANDS of soldiers won't have to lie about who they are as they fight for FREEDOM under the American flag. Makes sense to me.

and just what makes you think they won't be having sex in the barracks?
Not everyone's standards are as low as yours.

You don't know much about the military, do you?

My entire point is: No Man that really loves a woman talks to other men about sexual encounters with that woman--his wife--his girlfriend--whatever. Nor would any gay talk about someone they love of the same sex in a derogatory manner. IOW--they keep it to themselves.

It's just human nature. So please don't tell me, and I can assure you that I will not ask.

Then there are a LOT of men in the military who don't really love their women. Seriously, if that is your criteria.

Wow, I guess Ron Paul changed his view from 3 years ago...he voted in favor of repeal. GOOD ON YA RON!!!!

Don't be too sure.

On another note however, glad to see a law taken off the books in the near future that never should of been there in the first place.

And to that one sentence of yours, I'm sure he still has his "old fogey" views on homosexuality...it's difficult to relinquish instilled values.

But when it comes to serving the people, sometimes "dinosaur" views aren't meant to be in public policy.

And to that one sentence of yours, I'm sure he still has his "old fogey" views on homosexuality...it's difficult to relinquish instilled values.

But when it comes to serving the people, sometimes "dinosaur" views aren't meant to be in public policy.

As much as many people on USMB hate the word, society itself is Progressive. If it were Conservative, we'd still be living according to the Puritan ideals completely (instead of only partly). Of course, things like the internet are quickly changing things daily.

That's not to say Dinosaur = Conservative. However, it's a good thing we haven't kept things the way our Founding Fathers have in a lot of ways.

What I'm trying to figure out is how some people are ignorant enough to believe that all these homosexuals who are signing up for the military are going to be distracted by other men as if they never seen a naked body before or a man before. :cuckoo:

Sounds awfully similar to the argument that was used to try and keep women out of the military. :eusa_think:

OK, I am going to go against the norm here and say... I think it is idiotic.

That is not a question that a recruiter should be asking IMO.

Recruiter: Are you gay?

prospect: Why? You interested?

Recruiter: Go talk to the Navy :tongue:

Nahh... seriously though. Does'nt any of the armed forces have the right to reject a prospective soldier?
I see so much room for lawsuits here....

OK, I am going to go against the norm here and say... I think it is idiotic.

That is not a question that a recruiter should be asking IMO.

Recruiter: Are you gay?

prospect: Why? You interested?

Recruiter: Go talk to the Navy :tongue:

Nahh... seriously though. Does'nt any of the armed forces have the right to reject a prospective soldier?
I see so much room for lawsuits here.

The POTUS is the Commander in Chief. We've been through this twice now. Once with African Americans and other non-white people, another time with women, and now this.

FINALLY! DADT is the ONLY law in America that REQUIRES a person to lie in order to maintain his employment.

Please consider contacting your Senators to inform them you fully expect them to vote to repeal DADT. The repealer bill is known as the Military Readiness Enhancement Act ("MREA"), and has already been recommended for passage by the Senate Armed Services Committee.

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Here are a few factoids:

Of the 28 nations which belong to NATO, only the US and Turkey prohibits homosexuals from serving in the military. The blueprint for enacting this change successfully is available from over 26 nations, including the UK, Canada, Australia and France. There's ZERO reason to fear there will be some downturn in military morale, etc.

A number of foreign militaries, notably those of Great Britain, have voluntarily changed or been ordered (by court decree, for example) to change their policies with regard to homosexuals. In the case of Great Britain, the ban on homosexuals serving was lifted in January 2000, following a European Court of Human Rights ruling that the ban was unlawful. The press has reported that “A confidential Ministry of Defense review states that the introduction of gays has had no adverse effects on the operational effectiveness of the forces.” Australia voluntarily lifted its ban by government decree in November 1992 seemingly without problems. n July 2003, Russia lifted its ban.

"Homosexuals and the U.S. Military: Current Issues", Congressional Research Service, page 32. (2009)

Here is the entire report:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL30113.pdf&pli=1

For a discussion of the bill and links to its text, please see the Human Rights Commission's website at this URL:

HRC | The Military Readiness Enhancement Act

Over 10,000 armed service members have been discharged as gay or lesbian since DADT was adopted in 1993, including some career officers who speak Arabic. Many of these veterans would rejoin, if it were possible. I fail to see how we can afford to strip the ranks of qualified people whilst we are fighting TWO Wars.

Repeal of DADT/passage of MREA does NOT automatically bring a homosexual's domestic partner or spouse into the definition of a "military family". That may happen in time -- but the spouses of homosexual service people are as much military spouses as those of heterosexual people, and we do not do enough to support any military family as it is, IMO.

Last edited:
:lol: Every day you make me laugh, Willow...

Now, now....No one is going to be having SEX in the barracks! :eusa_shhh:

It's just that THOUSANDS of soldiers won't have to lie about who they are as they fight for FREEDOM under the American flag. Makes sense to me.

and just what makes you think they won't be having sex in the barracks?
Not everyone's standards are as low as yours.

you give human beings way too much credit. or you are vewy gullible.

It very well might not end up causing any issues whatsoever, but I would have preferred it not happen when so many soldiers are at war.

Forum List

Back