DADT: for those who said let the troops decide:

It should be interesting to see how the GOP scrambles to find a justification for blocking the repeal of DADT.

I accept where Sen McCain's opinion comes from. What I don't accept is moving the goalposts on DADT repeal instead of admitting you really just don't want gays to serve openly.

I also don't think we need to be basing policy on the homophobic fears of a small minority of Republicans. Rather, we should follow the recommendations of our top military officials (both civilian and enlisted) and the opinion of an overwhelming percentage of enlisted people.

And the population as a whole. I think it was something like 58%.

I argue that the population, if you're referring to all citizens, should NOT have a say.

If you're not in the military where this would actually affect a mission in some way, then all you really have is an opinion on it that means jack shit to the military's overall mission.

Seriously, how is John Q. Taxpayer's opinion on DADT relevant to the military's current mission?

It is relevant because it is still our country and we have established laws calling for the equal treatment under the law for all Americans. The military does not operate without civilian oversight

UAR you are a dinosaur.

You see your idiotic fear is no longer carried arround by todays population.

McCain has flipped on this one because he has NO INTEGRITY

McCains own wife and children do not agree with him

I have to agree with McCain on the repealing issue. Who do these homosexuals, who represent 1% of the country, think they are that they can dictate to the nation and its military that they can serve openly gay? The solution should be plain and simple. No gays in the military. This is a time of war and we don't need to be bogged down with this insane delemma. The bottom line is gays will psychologically demoralize the troops and it will cause resentment within the ranks. Just the issue alone is so inflammatory that it is proof it won't work. In combat, we need our soldiers to be focused on the job at hand and that is killing the enemy and not being sidetracked by a openly homosexual trooper who's made it clear he wants to stick it to you later on that night in a foxhole.

So glad you no longer represent our military

It's obviously "broke" or this wouldn't be considered an issue, at all.

It's an issue for those pushing the radical homosexual agenda. This was never, never raised by rank and file military as something that had to be addressed.

Anyhoo.. if it is such a "no brainer", we wouldn't be discussing it. It'd be a done deal.

The solution should be plain and simple. No gays in the military.

Who the hell are you to decide who and who cannot serve their country?

Who am I? I am a American southern conservative christian patriotic taxpaying natural born citizen who served in the 25th Infantry for 20 yrs and 2 months who now drills for oil and gas that fuels the military's fighting hardware and your vehicle. That's who. Again, no gays in the military and no gay unions or marriage.

Last edited:

Who am I? I am a American southern conservative christian patriotic taxpaying natural born citizen who served in the 25th Infantry for 20 yrs and 2 months who now drills for oil and gas that fuels the military's fighting hardware and your vehicle. That's who. Again, no gays in the military and no gay unions or marriage.

He's also the racist/homophobe that has dreams about a Sarah Palin/David Duke/USArmyRetard 3 way and spams the board with his rightwing nazi non-sense.

In other words, he's a troll you need not take seriously.

That gives you a voice, just like the rest of us. It perhaps gives you a voice and a platform from which to speak depending on your level of involvement in veteran's organizations, just like me. You say no and I say yes. Since nobody put either of us in charge, looks like our views simply cancel each other out.

But if you think we don't need openly gay servicemembers and stand by your supposed "patriotic duty" schtick, head on over to Learn Spanish - Learn French - Language Learning - Rosetta Stone and try your hand at Arabic, Farsi, Pashtu, or Chinese. Replace the ones you want kicked out.

Thank you for your service.

You are a horrible person though

if you agree with that statement, you are violating the constitution. which if you actually remember your military oath you swore to protect. youre discriminating against a minority because of your ignorance and intolerance of people who are different from you. your simply afraid of gays and you know it. you think if youre around them you might catch it!!! oh no. if you really think they shouldnt serve, or shouldnt get married. then you shouldnt be allowed to serve or get married. there has been no difference between the fighting effectiveness of a gay man or woman vs a straight man or woman.

i am glad you dont represent our country in uniform anymore. its because of people like you hate crimes exist.

Last edited:

if you agree with that statement, you are violating the constitution. which if you actually remember your military oath you swore to protect. youre discriminating against a minority because of your ignorance and intolerance of people who are different from you. your simply afraid of gays and you know it. you think if youre around them you might catch it!!! oh no. if you really think they shouldnt serve, or shouldnt get married. then you shouldnt be allowed to serve or get married. there has been no difference between the fighting effectiveness of a gay man or woman vs a straight man or woman.

i am glad you dont represent our country in uniform anymore. its because of people like you hate crimes exist.

Not hatred, ignorance.

My son-in-law just got back from serving our country in Afghanistan. Like me he's a Christian, he pays taxes and loves our country.

And I currently produce the electricity that enables you to do your job.

We both think you're a racist SOB.

Welcome to the 21st century, please leave your dirty laundry at the door.

Forum List

Back