Dad Arrested for Protecting Son!

William Joyce said:

Any bets on how many people are going to say, "your story is from one of those right-wing sites - I don't believe it?"

I checked it out and the story appears to be totally true, but you know the board liberals that don't want to hear anything negative like this will say you or the site posting the article made this up....

freeandfun1 said:
Any bets on how many people are going to say, "your story is from one of those right-wing sites - I don't believe it?"

I checked it out and the story appears to be totally true, but you know the board liberals that don't want to hear anything negative like this will say you or the site posting the article made this up....

Yup--ole Billy gets written off a lot--I bet he laughs last.

manu1959 said:
ill give ya 3 to 1 odds that principal plays for the other team

I'll take the bet. Look at her picture.

This is what you subject your children to in American public schools. So much for American freedom. Object to your child being subjected to gay propaganda, and you will be ARRESTED! That is INCREDIBLE. We are not living in the land Washington, Jefferson or Adams fought to make, that's for sure.

the parents are completely responsible for this happening. If you don't want something taught in your public schools, you don't protest to the principal, you go for the school board. The school board (in most cities I know of) are elected officials and they will want to keep their jobs. If they don't listen, you vote them out or run against them.

SmarterThanYou said:
the parents are completely responsible for this happening. If you don't want something taught in your public schools, you don't protest to the principal, you go for the school board. The school board (in most cities I know of) are elected officials and they will want to keep their jobs. If they don't listen, you vote them out or run against them.

Yeah, and they're the ones voting to teach "creation science" along with evolutionary science in public schools. If that's not the dumbing down of America, I don't know what is.

Here you go my friend. From Boston Globe:

Arrested father had point to make

April 29, 2005

'We're not intolerant," said Tonia Parker. ''We love all people. That is part of our faith."

A handful of supporters of the Parker family appeared at the courthouse yesterday, including Brian Camenker, director of Article 8 Alliance. The group, which opposes same-sex marriage, posted e-mail exchanges between the Parkers and school officials on the matter on its website. Camenker said Parker contacted him in January.

The case drew interest across the state yesterday.

Governor Mitt Romney, an opponent of same-sex marriage, said: ''Schools under our parental-notification law are required to inform parents . . . of matters relating to human sexuality that may be taught in the classroom and to allow that child to be out of the classroom for that period of the education."

Romney said he supports parents' right to know, though he declined to speak specifically about the Parker case.

Thomas B. Griffiths, Lexington School Committee chairman, said parents of older students are notified in advance when sex education will be taught.

''We don't view telling a child that there is a family out there with two mommies as teaching about homosexuality, heterosexuality, or any kind of sexuality," he said. ''We are teaching about the realities of where different children come from."

The bag of books promoting diversity is sent home with one student at a time, said Rachel F. Cortez, copresident of the Estabrook parent-teacher association and a member of the school's Anti-Bias Committee.

Parents received notice about the book bag at the beginning of the year and the date that it was scheduled to be sent home with their child. The bag's contents also were put on display at a back-to-school night earlier in the school year, she said, and parents are not required to have their child bring it home.

''The kids don't have to take them [the materials] home," she said. ''Parents can either opt out entirely or use whatever materials they want."

Tonia Parker said yesterday she attended back-to-school night, but was not told about the bag or its contents.

David Parker said the topic of Wednesday's meeting was not about the book bag, but about concerns that his son could be exposed to more books and lessons about ''gay-headed" households.

''We're not giving unfettered access to the psyche of our son when he enters the school," said Tonia Parker.

First article: From National Vanguard:

Admirable dad had merely asked for the school's promise that his six-year-old not be subjected to pro-homosexual indoctrination; we need to take a similar stand against the equally perverted practice of interracial sex.

by Mark Farrell

IN WHAT can only be viewed as a sign of the increasing tyranny of the modern world, a Lexington, MA father, David Parker, was recently arrested for protesting school system officials' desire to teach his son that homosexual unions were just another acceptable kind of "family." Parker had written the principal repeatedly, insisting that the teaching of sexual morality was his family's responsibility, not the school's.

The principal, Joni Jay (pictured), wrote back, telling Mr. Parker that the school would do what it pleased, and that he and his wife would not be informed of such matters (claiming that teaching about "different family types" did not fall under the parental notification requirements relating to sex education). At a January 18 meeting not directly related to the current controversy, Jay had stated that of three major goals for the school, she and her staff were "extremely focused on anti-bias and anti-racism education."

The principal also asked to meet with the father to discuss this. After Parker decided to take the principal up on the offer to meet, he was arrested. Now he is even banned from school grounds.

Such is a sign of modern times, in which our nation has become a neo-Babylon in which state-sponsored immorality is forced down the throats of little grade-school children.

-=d=- said:
Thanks! How was your cruise? :)

Too Much Food, Fun and Drink!

Caught in a Flash Flood (waist high water) in Jamaica.

Caymans were cool - spent lots of money shopping.

Cozumel - The best port - lots of shops. Carlos and Charlies, Senor Frogs, Hard Rock - and best of all......goooooood Tequila.

Oh yeah..and a couple of Cohibas - just couldn't resist.

How are things with you? Did I miss anything exciting?

Here - found it:

LEXINGTON, Mass, April 29, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) – David Parker was arrested Wednesday by Lexington Police, allegedly for “trespassing” at his son’s elementary school, while attending a scheduled meeting with the principal and the city’s Director of Education over his objections to homosexual curriculum materials and discussions in his son’s kindergarten class.

According to an “Article 8 Alliance” press release, at the meeting, Parker requested that the school inform him of when homosexual discussions would take place, so he could exclude his son from the activity. He said he would not leave until his request was granted. The Principal and the city’s Director of Education both refused his request. They then telephoned the Superintendent of Schools who also refused. Police were called, who told Parker that unless he left the school, he would be arrested.

Parker was arraigned in Concord District Court on Thursday on one count of trespassing; his attorney entered a plea of not guilty. Parker was freed after paying $1,000 in bail and agreeing not to enter school property. He is due back in court for a trial June 1.

“This is an unbelievable outrage,” said Brian Camenker, a friend and Newton, Mass. parent. “It’s where last year’s same-sex ‘marriage’ ruling has brought us.”

“This is not about creating a forum for hate . . . for any segment of society,” Parker said after his arraignment, according to a boston.com report. “I'm just trying to be a good dad.”

Emails to and from the Father and Principal

Date: Monday, January 17, 2005
Subject: Estabrook Diversity Book Bag

Ms Jay,

Today our son, [child's name], in Ms Johnson's kindergarten class at Estabrook, brought home a Diversity Book bag. It was filled with various books deemed appropriate by the anti-bias group, and funded by the Lexington Education Foundation and the PTA. In response to the request to fill in a Family Feedback Form found in the Diversity Book bag we have constructed the following letter. We wish to make our feedback known publicly.

In the feedback form given to us, it explicitly states that one of the goals of this program is to acknowledge and celebrate the diverse backgrounds and families in our school community. There is a book included entitled, Who's in a Family (with pictures) that include lesbian and homosexual couples with children ---- implicitly equating this family structure as a morally equal alternative to other family constructs. We stand firmly against this book or any other subject matter pertaining to homosexuality ever being indoctrinated to our child, discussed in school, or sent home. We don't believe gay parents constitute a spiritually healthy family and should not be celebrated.

It is one thing to endorse to not persecute/harm homosexuals/lesbians, it is another to teach young children implicitly that these values are acceptable. Some may maintain that if they can not present homosexual situations in school--- this is a form of persecution and harm. To us- this is a very contrived argument. The real question is-do parents have the right to exclude/shield their children from these contrary values being pushed upon young children in elementary school. Furthermore, we believe--just because it is legal in this one state does not give the school the right to teach that it is correct- even implicitly. After all, it was once legal that women and blacks could not vote, and slavery was once legal by law---and that did not make it correct. Estabrook elementary school (or any elementary school for that matter ) is not supposed to teach my child values and morals. That is the parents' sacred responsibility- whether the parents are heterosexual or homosexual. The public school system is there to teach reading, writing, arithmetic, science, music, art, and other school subjects. We acknowledge that there are rights that need to be protected for the gay community,however; the "out of the closet" into the kindergarten classroom mentality will not do justice to this cause and frankly- it just isn't necessary at this impressionable age. We believe this is a promotion of homosexuality to young impressionable children whom are told to listen and obey their teachers and principle, who knowingly or unwittingly will indeed become the purveyors of these values.

We want to state for the record that [son's name] shall be removed from any and all classroom or school functions which discuss or display homosexuality. We anticipate that you will respect our wishes.

We believe we have the right to answers from you to the following series of questions:

1) Is it the intention of Estabrook to include homosexual/lesbian family dynamics as part of the school curriculum?

2) Is your position in this matter that parents don't have the right to intervene in teaching homosexual family values because of state law?

3) Is equal emphasis and sensitivity being given to Judeo/Christian/Islamic and secular communities and their respective family values--- many of which do not endorse gay family values?

4) Do you commit to us that [son's name] will not be subjected to homosexual family values at Estabrook?

5) Who else has viewed these materials and deemed it appropriate for the children in the school system to take home and view/read?

It is not necessarily you, solely, whom we wish to focus our concerns on, however; we feel as the principal- we need answers from your perspective. We will be posing these same question to other authorities.

We are also requesting from you the e-mail addresses for key Anti-bias group representatives.

To all people whom we have sent this e-mail--- we encourage your feedback, both to the school and to us, concerning this letter. We also encourage anyone to forward this note to other Estabrook parents, since; we were completely caught off guard when our 5 year old son brought this material home.

Sincerely and with genuine love to all,
David and Tonia Parker

Date: Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I want to make sure we have a chance to discuss all of your concerns, so I think the best thing would be if we could meet together. I could meet with the two of you on Thursday, January 20 at 8 or 9:30 or Friday at 8 or 4. Would any of these times work for you? If not, if you could mention some days and times and I'll see what I can find on my calendar.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Joni Jay

Date: Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ms Jay and Mr. Hurley,

Thank you very much for taking our concerns seriously and getting back to us promptly. You can be sure that we have already communicated all of our concerns in the e-mail that you have received. We agree that we should meet together as soon as possible however, reiterating the concerns in our letter will not make for a productive meeting. Rather you should be ready to begin to address the school's position on those concerns with answers to the questions we put forth. If you are ready-- then we want to meet with you as soon as possible.

At the very least, even before this meeting- we would like a commitment from you that [my son] will not be subjected to homosexual family values/materials at Estabrook from teachers/staff/and school visitors/guests.

Sincerely,

Dave and Tonia Parker

Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2005

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Parker,

Of course it is my intent to answer your questions when we meet. I can tell you that we do not have any part of the Kindergarten curriculum that teaches students about gay values. What I can't control is what students may say to one another, as we do have children in our school who have parents who are same sex partners. These issues may come up in talk on the playground, during show and tell, when a student shares a picture about what the family did over the weekend, or when their parents come in to the classroom to volunteer or for a party. In some cases, teachers will need to respond, and they do their best to do it in a way that is factual and respectful of all families, referring children to their parents if they have more detailed questions. Also, the school libraries in Lexington all contain, as part of our collections on families, a couple of books that depict a variety of family configurations (as in the one you saw in the bookbag). [my son] might choose such a book to look at and bring home, though he certainly wouldn't be guided to one.

That said, would you be able to make any of the times that I indicated? If not, please propose some others.

Joni Jay
Principal, Estabrook School

Date: Friday, March 4, 2005

Ms Jay,

We find it necessary to write to you and the Lexington Public School to inform you of the following:

We do not authorize any teacher or adult within the Lexington Public School system to expose our sons, [older son] and [younger son] (begins school in 2006) to any sexual orientation/homoseexual material/same sex unions between parents.

We shall be notified in advance of any such activity in the Estabrook School.

Dave and Tonia Parker

The Lexington Public School Policy is that any discussion of sex requires parental notification. We have a unit that deals with Human Growth and Development in 5th grade and parents are notified about that. I have confirmed with our Assistant Superintendent and our Director of Health Education that discussion of differing families, including gay-headed families, is not included in the parental notification policy. If you wish to clarify the policy with me or Mr. Ravenelle, please feel free to contact us.

Joni Jay

Subject: David and Tonia Parker's Parental Rights Assertion

We would like to clarify that our previous e-mail which states: "we do not give the Lexington Public School system permission to discuss homosexuality issues (i.e. - trans gender/bisexual/gay headed households) to our son [son's name]" - is a parental assertion; not a matter open to legal interpretation or administrative policy. Let us, David and Tonia Parker, parents of [son's name], be clear in purpose and prose on this matter:

Discussions concerning homosexuality issues will not take place in front of our son, [son's name] (5 yrs old), at Estabrook. This includes material given to [our son] to covertly transport into our household (i.e.- diversity book bag). Such doctrine is against our Christian family beliefs. We will be notified when there are plans to have homosexual material discussed with the students - when [our son] is present - so that we can take action to ensure his spiritual safety. You are not permitted to infringe upon our religious beliefs and parental rights or obviate our freedom of choice, to exclude our son from material that would expose him to beliefs contrary to the Word of God in our Christian faith. Our parental rights and Christian belief system will be respected in this diversity- oriented, anti-biased school community. We know other parents, of various faiths and values, that endorse this position. This is not solely a Christian assertion of rights.

May God bless everyone who reads this to be shown his Love and truth of his Word.

In Christ,
Dave and Tonia Parker

PS- It is requisite that our assertion of rights be documented to teacher/staff; since, there were previous examples of less than adequate communication within the Lexington School system.

Date: Monday, March 28, 2005
Subject: Re: David and Tonia Parker's Parental Rights Assertion

I just wanted to let you know that I did receive this email.

Thanks.

Joni Jay

Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ms Jay,

Dave and I would like to schedule a meeting with you at your convenience. Dave attended the anti-bias meeting on 4/11/05. They informed Dave that books with homosexual issues/families will be placed in every classroom in our school.

Were you aware of this? Who approved this? Various members of the anti-bias group also told Dave that our parental rights assertion would not be honored or respected at Estabrook. By what authority does the anti-bias group deny us of our rights? Who is responsible for the official response to our parental rights assertion pertaining to our son, [son's name]?

We thank you in advance for addressing these questions and also scheduling a time we can meet with you.

Sincerely In Christ,
Dave and Tonia Parker

Date: Friday, April 22, 2005

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've been trying to arrange a time that Mr. Ravenelle, the Director of Education, could join us to meet. We could both meet with you on Wednesday, April 27 at 2:30 or 3. Would that work for you? If not, please indicate some possible times, and I'll see what we can do.

Joni Jay

At the April 27 meeting, referenced above, David Parker was arrested and taken to jail.

Here's some of the material....
http://www.article8.org/docs/news_events/parker/diversity_book.htm

more:

http://www.article8.org/

Looks like D&M Pemberton just found a new charity to give to! :)

-=d=- said:
Where does it talk about the father being arrested? what am I missing?

Nothing I've been able to find talks about the father being arrested, or why he was arrested. It merely ends at "...was arrested at the meeting", which I think is a complete crock of shit.

EVERY parent, no matter which side of the fence they're on, should have the right, and opportunity to sign their child off on any class that does not deal specifially with basic education.

So, unless he actually hauled off and cracked the Prioncipal upside her overinflated fat head, I don't think he should be in jail.

Shattered said:
Nothing I've been able to find talks about the father being arrested, or why he was arrested. It merely ends at "...was arrested at the meeting", which I think is a complete crock of shit.

EVERY parent, no matter which side of the fence they're on, should have the right, and opportunity to sign their child off on any class that does not deal specifially with basic education.

So, unless he actually hauled off and cracked the Prioncipal upside her overinflated fat head, I don't think he should be in jail.

Thru Google News, I found and posted the details of his arrest.

Sounds like the principal set him up to be arrested. She needs to be fired.

I will bet money the charges are dropped and they place their children in private school.

-=d=- said:
Thru Google News, I found and posted the details of his arrest.

*scowl* You found it while I was typing. Don't go acting like it's been there for ages. :poke: :dev3:

Forum List

Back