Dad Accused of Child Abuse for Hitting Girl With Pizza

My dad didn't kill him.

No, but if the laws are relaxed then people could, even without intending to.

The laws were more relaxed back then, and they didn't.

Some did ... but compare the parents today to back then, as well as factor in that parents and kids are around each other with more free time now than then. When there were no laws protecting them, most had too much to do, work, maintaining the field, etc.. Each generation those responsibilities decrease, with the advent of processed foods, easier work loads, etc. kids and parents have more free time. Though most would still not take it to far, the laws were enacted to prevent those who would take it too far from doing so. Also we have fewer ways to vent stress and anger now than we use to, video games just don't cut it with everyone as a release mechanism. It's more complex than just A=B ... but that's a decent outline of the issues I think.

years ago my 11 year old threatened that he was going to call and report me for child abuse. What did I do? I smacked him for telling me to shut up.

Eh, if he threatens that again, just tell him if you're going to be arrested for abuse it may as well be abuse. And then give him The Look.
OH good one Emma, he is on his own now. All most grown up. :lol:

my dad slapped me once for smarting off, I shut my mouth after that.

Nothing worse that a smart mouth little brat talking back to an adult!

I bet you never smarted off to him again either, right?
yeah! I was thirteen and full of shit. Speaking of throwing Pizza, I three a piece of chicken at my mom ONCE!
and if I smarted off to my parents after that I made sure I had a fast get away.:razz:
I can't wait for the day my son starts talking back to me.:doubt:

No, but if the laws are relaxed then people could, even without intending to.

The laws were more relaxed back then, and they didn't.

Some did ... but compare the parents today to back then, as well as factor in that parents and kids are around each other with more free time now than then. When there were no laws protecting them, most had too much to do, work, maintaining the field, etc.. Each generation those responsibilities decrease, with the advent of processed foods, easier work loads, etc. kids and parents have more free time. Though most would still not take it to far, the laws were enacted to prevent those who would take it too far from doing so. Also we have fewer ways to vent stress and anger now than we use to, video games just don't cut it with everyone as a release mechanism. It's more complex than just A=B ... but that's a decent outline of the issues I think.

why do you think thoses jobs everyone talks about (only the mex will do) were so important they build chacter in the youth so don't give up those jobs so easily use them.

Forum List

Back