DACA path to citizenship....

I’m talking about those undocumented.
From your link-
Home / Who Can Use This?
Immigrants
If you're a non-citizen applying to enter the U.S., you must:

• Request a Social Security number card as part of your immigrant visa application; and
  • Be a lawfully admitted permanent resident.
If you're a refugee, we're sorry but you can't apply for a Social Security number card in your country of origin.

How can they work honest jobs without a legal social security number? I understand your point to a degree, but don’t quite follow how they are abiding by laws.

I also believe no matter how they are allowed to stay, they must take and pass the same tests of the US as all others that apply.
There should be no path to citizenship for anyone brought here illegally, by their parents or otherwise.
I know how you feel about legality, but the DACA children had nothing to do with their being illegal aliens. Their parents brought them here. Some have been here since before their cognitive years. Most are hard working and contribute to society. They essentially know no other country.

Those that have been abiding by the laws, getting educations, working honest jobs and such should not be expelled. They should get in line BEHIND ALL LEGAL IMMIGRANTS in the path toward citizenship. If it takes them 20 years to become citizens, so be it. If they die before becoming citizens, so be it.
Many immigrants are allowed to work before they get full citizenship.

Social Security Numbers and Immigrant Visas
No. You are ALLOWED to get a Social Security number. You don't have to get one to be a student, or a non-working grandparent.

There should be no path to citizenship for anyone brought here illegally, by their parents or otherwise.
I know how you feel about legality, but the DACA children had nothing to do with their being illegal aliens. Their parents brought them here. Some have been here since before their cognitive years. Most are hard working and contribute to society. They essentially know no other country.

Those that have been abiding by the laws, getting educations, working honest jobs and such should not be expelled. They should get in line BEHIND ALL LEGAL IMMIGRANTS in the path toward citizenship. If it takes them 20 years to become citizens, so be it. If they die before becoming citizens, so be it.

Which then creates another mass entrance of families with infants and toddlers ...
Not if Congress includes that there be no new DACA recipients.

It was promised last time that there would be NO NEW ONES. Here we are, though, despite that promise. I'm not buying it, and I'm not alone.

Any Illegal Alien that has a SS Card has committed a felony. The card is either a fake or false documentation was used to obtain it. This is Federal Law.

Forum List

Back