DACA for the Wall?

DACA for The Wall

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
DACA for the Wall?

No because Dems have already said once they get DACA they will welch on their end by trying up the wall in court. You cannot negotiate with Dem's its not possible they fully intend to weasel out of their end of the deal.

They can't welch on the Border Security. It's set to a minimum of 1.3 billion by a 2006 Law annually. They've upped it to 1.6 if Trump will deal. That's where it stands right now. You keep saying Wall. It's Border Security and some of that money has to go to adding to the wall and multi layered security fence. Just keep making shit up as you go.
Fuck that. If they don't approve $5.8 billion, then it's time for a national emergency.

Do you idiots actually believe we are going to put up with your horseshit? We've heard it all a million times, and we know it's all designed to delay doing anything about controlling the border. You're all a bunch of fucking douchebags. Don't even think that we're falling for any of your lame-assed shit.

I suggest he doesn't try to declare a National Emergency without the express approval of congress. I don't want Pence as President, period especially since it appears that Congress is finally growing a pair.

There are presently 30 "National Emergencies" in affect in the US. Some go back to 1979.
And Trump does not need congressional approval.

Mark

He can do any National Emergency and involve the US Military including State Side for 60 days. At the end of that time, he can only continue with Congressional Approval. Otherwise, he must pull all federal troops. I believe that there are units that don't fall under that limit such as the Army Corp of Engineers and the CBees.

The Army Corp of Engineers can easily build it in 2 years. All they need is 8 crews building the wall out in both directs from 4 starting points. If that doesn't get it, then use 16 crews. One crew should easily be able to build 50 miles in a year.

Maybe they can do it in 2 years but I doubt it no matter if they have 8 crews or not. But let's say they try. So they build the first 1000 miles in 2 years. They are going to have to use the Slatted Steel. Let's say that each panel is 10 feet. That's about 528 panels per mile. For the easy part, that's going to be 52,800 panels. Just the manufacturing of the panels is probably out of touch during those 2 years. And then there is the next 500 miles where it really gets tough. It'll take another 2 years to build that. Now you are left with the last 500 miles.
Good friggin luck with that. At the same time, you are going to have to do quite a swath of eminent domain. Watch Texas and Arizona turn Blue all of sudden and you won't get your second year. So even it they could do it, they would only be able to do the easy parts and political shift would stop them cold.

They don't have to use slatted steel. You would be amazed at how quickly a company can pump out 35' X 10' X 1' prestressed concrete panels. One plant can easily produce a four dozen each day. With 10 plants you can build 480/day. That's almost a mile a day. 20 plants means 2 miles a day. That would be sufficient to build the entire wall.

Prestressed concrete Panels won't make it. Even Trump knows that. They'll have holes all through the unsupervised part of the wall you could drive a car through and they just might drive a friggin car through it. Trump has stated he wanted to use Reinforced Concrete (they'll have to poor that in place) or Slatted Steel. Truth be know, our steel industry can't produce the slatted steel at such an alarming rate. And the assembly and machining would also take time. The Concrete would have to trucked in and poured over the Rebarring and it would days weeks to cure. Now, unless they can move a cement factory on site (forget that) then that's a lot of cement trucks where it's going to take 2 trucks per 10 foot length. But the Reinforced Cement Panel will last almost forever and even an Abrams Tank would be hard pressed to get all the way through it or even do much of a dent by ramming it. The Steel will have to be cleaned and treated about every 2 years or so. Otherwise we end up with the condition of some of the existing wall that is just plain falling down and it's not even 10 years old.

I think 10 years for the easy stuff is more like it and the contractor can spend every dime without the excess being sucked back into the general fund.

You ever work construction? You don't seem to know much about it. And yes, concrete pants can be built on site, and often are.

Mark

Have you ever been in the middle of a Desert 100 miles away from the nearest dirt road? There are no water lines, no power lines, nothing. If you didn't bring it with you you don't have it. And yes, I worked Construction before I enlisted in the United States Air Force which I retired from. I worked as a High Scale Welder welding rebar while hanging from two ropes above where they were pouring cement at a ripe old age of 18 until I got a "Greetings from the President" and immediately left for the Air Force fast. Hanging from a cliff face is one thing but Vietnam? Now that's scary.

I have a degree in architectural design. I have engineered, drawn, and built projects. I also am a member of Carpenters Local 804 here in Wisconsin.

I built the house I live in, and I built all the houses on my street. I have built churches, plants, schools, etc.

Any logistical problems can be overcome with a bit of thinking.

Mark

No because Dems have already said once they get DACA they will welch on their end by trying up the wall in court. You cannot negotiate with Dem's its not possible they fully intend to weasel out of their end of the deal.

They can't welch on the Border Security. It's set to a minimum of 1.3 billion by a 2006 Law annually. They've upped it to 1.6 if Trump will deal. That's where it stands right now. You keep saying Wall. It's Border Security and some of that money has to go to adding to the wall and multi layered security fence. Just keep making shit up as you go.
Fuck that. If they don't approve $5.8 billion, then it's time for a national emergency.

Do you idiots actually believe we are going to put up with your horseshit? We've heard it all a million times, and we know it's all designed to delay doing anything about controlling the border. You're all a bunch of fucking douchebags. Don't even think that we're falling for any of your lame-assed shit.

I suggest he doesn't try to declare a National Emergency without the express approval of congress. I don't want Pence as President, period especially since it appears that Congress is finally growing a pair.

There are presently 30 "National Emergencies" in affect in the US. Some go back to 1979.

Mark

He can do any National Emergency and involve the US Military including State Side for 60 days. At the end of that time, he can only continue with Congressional Approval. Otherwise, he must pull all federal troops. I believe that there are units that don't fall under that limit such as the Army Corp of Engineers and the CBees.

Link?

If he declares a national emergency, what makes you think he only can use the military to proceed?

Mark

Maybe they can do it in 2 years but I doubt it no matter if they have 8 crews or not. But let's say they try. So they build the first 1000 miles in 2 years. They are going to have to use the Slatted Steel. Let's say that each panel is 10 feet. That's about 528 panels per mile. For the easy part, that's going to be 52,800 panels. Just the manufacturing of the panels is probably out of touch during those 2 years. And then there is the next 500 miles where it really gets tough. It'll take another 2 years to build that. Now you are left with the last 500 miles.
Good friggin luck with that. At the same time, you are going to have to do quite a swath of eminent domain. Watch Texas and Arizona turn Blue all of sudden and you won't get your second year. So even it they could do it, they would only be able to do the easy parts and political shift would stop them cold.

They don't have to use slatted steel. You would be amazed at how quickly a company can pump out 35' X 10' X 1' prestressed concrete panels. One plant can easily produce a four dozen each day. With 10 plants you can build 480/day. That's almost a mile a day. 20 plants means 2 miles a day. That would be sufficient to build the entire wall.

Prestressed concrete Panels won't make it. Even Trump knows that. They'll have holes all through the unsupervised part of the wall you could drive a car through and they just might drive a friggin car through it. Trump has stated he wanted to use Reinforced Concrete (they'll have to poor that in place) or Slatted Steel. Truth be know, our steel industry can't produce the slatted steel at such an alarming rate. And the assembly and machining would also take time. The Concrete would have to trucked in and poured over the Rebarring and it would days weeks to cure. Now, unless they can move a cement factory on site (forget that) then that's a lot of cement trucks where it's going to take 2 trucks per 10 foot length. But the Reinforced Cement Panel will last almost forever and even an Abrams Tank would be hard pressed to get all the way through it or even do much of a dent by ramming it. The Steel will have to be cleaned and treated about every 2 years or so. Otherwise we end up with the condition of some of the existing wall that is just plain falling down and it's not even 10 years old.

I think 10 years for the easy stuff is more like it and the contractor can spend every dime without the excess being sucked back into the general fund.

You ever work construction? You don't seem to know much about it. And yes, concrete pants can be built on site, and often are.

Mark

Have you ever been in the middle of a Desert 100 miles away from the nearest dirt road? There are no water lines, no power lines, nothing. If you didn't bring it with you you don't have it. And yes, I worked Construction before I enlisted in the United States Air Force which I retired from. I worked as a High Scale Welder welding rebar while hanging from two ropes above where they were pouring cement at a ripe old age of 18 until I got a "Greetings from the President" and immediately left for the Air Force fast. Hanging from a cliff face is one thing but Vietnam? Now that's scary.

I have a degree in architectural design. I have engineered, drawn, and built projects. I also am a member of Carpenters Local 804 here in Wisconsin.

I built the house I live in, and I built all the houses on my street. I have built churches, plants, schools, etc.

Mark

Or if you spend enough money on it. That last 500 miles, is it really worth it since so very few are hardy enough to make that journey?

Is this a compromise you'd accept?

Why or why not?
Yeah, I'd be just fine with that.

The wall is a hoax. It won't affect the economy or produce any of the results the rubes have been fooled into bleeving.

The wall is vaporware. All hype.

DACA, on the other hand, would greatly benefit a lot of people.

So it's a more than fair trade.

Mark

Link?

If he declares a national emergency, what makes you think he only can use the military to proceed?

Mark

He needs funding. The Military has the funding. If he wants funding for contractors he's going to have to get it from the one place I doubt would give him the sweat off their .....well, you know and let's face it, Nancy has some really big ones.

The Dems should send a spending bill that funds Trump’s boondoggle in return for DACA protection, fully funding Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, NPR, restores the cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and any other programs that repugs love to cut spending on.

The Dems should send a spending bill that funds Trump’s boondoggle in return for DACA protection, fully funding Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, NPR, restores the cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and any other programs that repugs love to cut spending on.

Yeah, offer him something that he can't possibly say yes to …

Where'd you get that one, the latest edition of Negotiation Tactics For Complete Morons ?

Where'd you get that one, the latest edition of Negotiation Tactics For Complete Morons ?
Well, if he doesn’t like that, the Dems can always dig into Trump and his crime family’s finances and business dealings and taxes.

Mark

Mark

Or if you spend enough money on it. That last 500 miles, is it really worth it since so very few are hardy enough to make that journey?

I really don't know. But all these comments by people who don't believe the wall will work or it can't be built or its too expensive are hogwash.

Mark

Why or why not?

The wall is a hoax. It won't affect the economy or produce any of the results the rubes have been fooled into bleeving.

Why is the wall a hoax?

A shutdown stalemate as Trump goes factual, Democrats illogical

Democrats understandably tend to shun these valid but hard-hearted arguments. Instead they insist vehemently that a wall, which many supported a dozen years ago, will inevitably be ineffective and must be regarded as “immoral.”

This first argument flies in the face of evidence. As American Enterprise institute’s Michael Rubin pointed out in 2017, Israel’s wall with the West Bank, Morocco’s wall with Algeria, India’s with Bangladesh, Hungary’s with Serbia and others have reduced illegal crossings to near zero. To the point that this year, Rubin reports France, Iraq, Lithuania, Estonia and Norway are putting up walls. “It is simply counterfactual to suggest that walls won’t work,” he writes, "willful subordination of facts to the politics of the day.”

Democrats aren't worried that a wall won't work. They are worried it will work.

Mark

Mark

Link?

Mark

He needs funding. The Military has the funding. If he wants funding for contractors he's going to have to get it from the one place I doubt would give him the sweat off their .....well, you know and let's face it, Nancy has some really big ones.

Proclaiming a national emergency gives him the power to fund the wall.

Mark

Why or why not?

Why is the wall a hoax?

Democrats understandably tend to shun these valid but hard-hearted arguments. Instead they insist vehemently that a wall, which many supported a dozen years ago, will inevitably be ineffective and must be regarded as “immoral.”

This first argument flies in the face of evidence. As American Enterprise institute’s Michael Rubin pointed out in 2017, Israel’s wall with the West Bank, Morocco’s wall with Algeria, India’s with Bangladesh, Hungary’s with Serbia and others have reduced illegal crossings to near zero. To the point that this year, Rubin reports France, Iraq, Lithuania, Estonia and Norway are putting up walls. “It is simply counterfactual to suggest that walls won’t work,” he writes, "willful subordination of facts to the politics of the day.”

Mark
Let's say you want a gun. You claim that if you have a gun, you will be able to shoot Bigfoot and the economy will magically improve.

You stump and stump, claiming, "Guns work!" You provide examples of guns being used to kill people. "Guns work!"

But you see, your entire belief system is built on the false premise that shooting Bigfoot with a gun will solve a particular problem.

It won't.

You are being hoaxed.

Illegal immigration is a diversion. Trump's theatrics are classic misdirection. Look over there so you don't notice what I am really doing over here.

Trump is spending more than anyone in human history. He is doubling our deficits, and exploding our debt ever higher.

By far, the biggest threat to our national security is the debt.

Not Mexicans, not homos, not Muslims, not guns. The debt.

Trump has the rubes so focused on imaginary hordes of marauding Mexicans that they don't notice he is the most anti-Republican President we have ever had.

Why or why not?

Why is the wall a hoax?

Mark
Let's say you want a gun. You claim that if you have a gun, you will be able to shoot Bigfoot and the economy will magically improve.

You stump and stump, claiming, "Guns work!" You provide examples of guns being used to kill people. "Guns work!"

But you see, your entire belief system is built on the false premise that shooting Bigfoot with a gun will solve a particular problem.

It won't.

You are being hoaxed.

Your opinion? Instead, you should be providing numerous links showing us how ineffective walls are.

My stance is on firm logical ground. The ones who tell us that "walls don't work" either have to prove it or admit that they are the ones being hoaxed.

Mark

Well, if he doesn’t like that, the Dems can always dig into Trump and his crime family’s finances and business dealings and taxes.
No they can't, moron.

Illegal immigration is a diversion. Trump's theatrics are classic misdirection. Look over there so you don't notice what I am really doing over here.

Trump is spending more than anyone in human history. He is doubling our deficits, and exploding our debt ever higher.

By far, the biggest threat to our national security is the debt.

Not Mexicans, not homos, not Muslims, not guns. The debt.

Trump has the rubes so focused on imaginary hordes of marauding Mexicans that they don't notice he is the most anti-Republican President we have ever had.

Our country has many problems. If we control our borders, our money won't be spent on illegals. Our citizens will get the jobs they had, and they will be better paid.

Just the threat of immigration control has seen an increase in pay, an increase in jobs, and low unemployment.

Imagine what real control will attain?

Mark

Uh-huh, like they haven't already been doing that for over two years now and won't continue to keep doing it regardless of what he does on the issue of "the wall".

Sheesh... I sure hope that the next time I'm at a negotiating table, you're on the opposite side of it.

Why or why not?

Why is the wall a hoax?

Mark

It won't.

You are being hoaxed.
Excellent way to put it.

A physical barrier is a sensible part of the solution, though. Just not the ONLY solution. It doesn't have to be everywhere. Just where folks are pouring through on a daily basis.
It's equally important to do a bunch of other things not anywhere near the southern border at the same time.

Mark

Link?

Mark

Proclaiming a national emergency gives him the power to fund the wall.

Mark

And where does he get those funds from? Does trump just fire up the old Printing presses?

Forum List

Back