~Dabs/Tildes Poll~

Should Dabs stop with the tildes or no or who cares??

• Dabs- stop using the curlies (tildes)~~~.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dabs- use the curlies (tildes) if you wish.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Dabs- I don't care either way.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Ok, I have had the roughest past 2 days one can ever imagine, and I come back, and get a large PM from someone, I won't name their name, who doesn't like my use of the curlies (~~~~~)...they are called tildes.
When I make a new thread, I use one before and after and sometimes in a post.
Myself, I see no big deal. But when I first came onboard, as I'm sure most everyone saw, CaliforniaGirl did not like me using them, she said I was trying to draw attention to myself.
That is simply not true, I have used the curlies for years.
Then, I received a PM from a gent. Because he made a comment in a thread that he wished I would stop using the tildes. So I negged him , yessiree I did, and he proceeded to tell me that he got my neg, but for the same post he said about me, that I negged him for, he said he got over 2,000 Pos rep points.
So....that is telling me, there are a helluva lot more of you that do not like my use of the curlies (tildes) and don't have the balls to say it.
Or this gent was fibbing when he said he got that much Pos rep.
So I decided to ask you all myself.
But I would like to say, it's a damn shame, this is a free country. We are supposed to be allowed to come on these message boards and say what we feel, speak what we want, and yet, because I have a different posting style, I am the one who gets the hate mail.
My use of the curlies (tildes) is supposedly to draw attention to myself.....Ok then......if that's how some see it.
But I assure you, I can draw attention to myself without using curlies.
I don't see the big deal..and why should I feel like I have to change my whole posting style, just because I post a different way, that just isn't right.
So here's my poll. And nobody will ever see who voted which way, I won't allow it to be made public.
Only 3 choices.

Does my use of the tildes bother you?? You wish I would stop using them??
OR
My use of the tildes does not bother you....keep on using them if I like.
OR
You honsetly don't give a shit either way.
Thank you much!!

Last edited:
Your poll didn't work, lol.
~~~~~~~~~BAD DABS. BAD!!!~~~~~~~~~

snicker

~I must admit I found them annoying at first. But now they are kind of like your signature. Your choice. As it would've been anyways. ~

After dealing with mr Shameful and his idiocy for six months, I am far more forgiving and lenient than I once was.

And it isn't as bad as Madeline and her issues either.

If this is the worst problem we have now, we are darn lucky

Your poll didn't work, lol.
~~~~~~~~~BAD DABS. BAD!!!~~~~~~~~~

snicker

It worked for me Grace~

I see it now but when you first started the thread it didn't show the poll~~~~~~

~~~~~~~this could be addicting.

Speaking of.....
I used to post at a board where the guy always spoke in the third person,
with the jibe of shakespeare...and every post..yes, every post had to be centered. Yup.​

talk about irritating.

As long as you're not using borrowed tildes.

We wouldn't want to have to debate whether the tilde debt limit should be raised.

If the tildes were unemployed prior to your use of them, it may influence my answer.

Tildes piss people off? That's a good reason to start using them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tilde%20Brand%20Logo%20for%20Google%20Home%20Page.gif

I call them dingbats.

And i think they are childish. Rather like a girl doting an i with a heart. They are annoying... but if that is what you want.. fine. Do what makes YOU happy. You asked for opinions and i am giving you one. That does not make me right...nor does it make me wrong... it is only my opinion.

I post in blue.... its what i like...and fuck anyone who doesn't like it :)

Know what makes me bugshit? People who do the ....gush...."I HEART syrenne".
Like fingernails on a black board. I loves me some syrene, but I don't HEART her. And if someone says it, I damn sure won't neg them or send them a long assed pm about it. But that's me. Gracie. Miss sweetness and light. :eusa_angel:

I call them dingbats.

And i think they are childish. Rather like a girl doting an i with a heart. They are annoying... but if that is what you want.. fine. Do what makes YOU happy. You asked for opinions and i am giving you one. That does not make me right...nor does it make me wrong... it is only my opinion.

I post in blue.... its what i like...and fuck anyone who doesn't like it :)

Well I don't dot my i's with little fucking hearts.
It's just a habit, I have no other way of explaining why I use the curlies...damnit, they are curlies in my book, not fucking tildes! :razz:
Yep, you are correct, I wanted opinions, to see if they did indeed annoy and irritate the piss outta people.
I don't understand why they are annoying tho.
Some people when they make new threads, they use one of those bright ICONS to put beside their new threads....such as a yellow yield sign with a red exclamation point!
Or a wink face, or an angry face, or one of the other gobzillion icons they have.
That draws attention too.
Anyway, I appreciate the feedback :)

Know what makes me bugshit? People who do the ....gush...."I HEART syrenne".
Like fingernails on a black board. I loves me some syrene, but I don't HEART her. And if someone says it, I damn sure won't neg them or send them a long assed pm about it. But that's me. Gracie. Miss sweetness and light. :eusa_angel:

This is what we do on another board...

I <3 U

Or

<3 <3 <3 <3

:lol:

Forum List

Back