DA Sexually Harrasses Victim of Domestic Violence

That's disgusting. Like them poor women hadn't gone through enough?

This might just be the most disreputable story I have ever read about a DA. I cannot believe the Wisconsin Bar has no issue with his conduct.

Prosecutor 'sexted' domestic abuse victim, who felt pressured to have relationship | cleveland.com

Obviously, this guy is committing professional suicide, for whatever internal reasons he may have. A person in his position has to know how something like that will ultimately play out. Furthermore, he chose a method (texting) that created electroinic proof of what he was doing. Once again, he had to know that as well.

Sounds to me like he just snapped. He was going through a divorce at the time, I note.

I'm not defending him - not for a second. Merely commenting on this rather unusal aspect of the case.

It strikes me so violently that his conduct is unethical and illegal...yet I can't really name a code or law he violated. Witness intimidation, mebbe?

As disgusting as it seems, he didnt really do anything illegal. Just slimy.

It strikes me so violently that his conduct is unethical and illegal...yet I can't really name a code or law he violated. Witness intimidation, mebbe?

He didn't violate any law. Not witness intimidation - he wasn't trying to get the gal to not testify against her ex-boyfriend.

Ethically, however, it is the equivalent of a death penalty case.

He didn't violate any law. Not witness intimidation - he wasn't trying to get the gal to not testify against her ex-boyfriend.

Ethically, however, it is the equivalent of a death penalty case.

I would say that unless he plans on opening his own practice, his lawyer days are over.

Whoa, he had the guts to say this is a non-news story? An elected DA preying on a domestic violence victim? The man obviously has more balls than brains. Hope the fine citizens remember this when he comes up for re-election.

But if the board hasn't gotten a complaint, it can't do anything. I hope somebody gets her on the phone to get one started - this guy shouldn't have a license.

I don't mean to attorney bash, but somehow this doesn't surprise me. OFF WITH HIS NUTS!!

Yeah, that's as stupid as saying all cops beat people up.

Good grief, an asshole could become a member of ANY profession. This guy chose attorney

The guy must be suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

n an exclusive phone interview with the AP afterward, Kratz said he received six months of individual psychotherapy after the messages were disclosed and would get more.

He said he would take time off for treatment only "unfortunately as our staffing level and the court calendar may permit." Kratz noted his office only has two prosecutors, and some cases cannot be reassigned, such as that of a man charged with sexually assaulting a child who he plans to try next week.

FOXNews.com - 'Sexting' Wisconsin prosecutor says he'll get therapy, consider time off but won't resign

He refuses to resign. He'll take a taxpayer funded vacation to get "counseling", and then be back on the job because the "people" need him. Unbelievable.

He sounds more like a politican and less like a lawyer.

All I can say is, hope she's started that complaint by now. Sexual misconduct with a client - that's right up there with stealing their money. Not even the real bottom feeders go there unless they're seriously twisted individuals with a career death wish. Hopefully y'all won't have to put up with him much longer!

He's not my DA, goldcatt. He's in Wisconsin and I'm in Ohio. My DA is out playing golf with his employees on the county taxpayer whilst the Feds collect most all the other county officials for indictment....for crimes he never, ever, ever suspected were occurring.

I do believe mine will be warming up a federal pen someday soon as well, but that guy in Wisconsin? Apparently what he did is okay....how bizarre-o.

I read that about Wisconsin, I forgot. :redface:

Either way, what the article said was that the Board hadn't gotten a complaint so they couldn't look into it. At least, that's how I read it. Somebody needs to get that woman complaining to the right people through the right channels so they can get on it. I can't imagine a Board that would be cool with this, at all.

Cleveland's always been corrupt as hell, but public corruption is usually a Federal case. Conflict of interest and all that, you know. We have a similar situation going on in Luzerne County, PA a ways up the river from me. For a relatively small county, it's an impressive list of officials that have been picked up so far - check out the Middle District's site with the list of indictments (I don't have time at the moment, I'll send you a link if you want it - no PACER access needed for public corruption case info). Quite impressive what they've been able to accomplish in the last approxmately year and a half, but it's only the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully they're getting your area cleaned up enough to make a difference.

Last edited:
The FBI has been doing a great job here, goldcatt, but so far no trials and very few plea agreements that require the defendant to testify against his co-conspirators. What's nauseating is, two county judges (major civil cases and felony criminals) have been indicted and more are expected....apparently, even justice has been for sale around here.

That sort of damage is never completely undone.

A DA and his ADAs are people in exceptional positions of trust. I'm disgusted anyone would seek that office and then profit from it rather than carry out their duties.

Forum List

Back