Da Bears At The Hawks

I can honestly say that any shut out in the NFL is hard earned. Chicago hadn't been shut out in over ten years.

The Hawks first half Offensive production is still abysmal. I was encouraged that we took care of the ball in this game. Rawls has improved his running style.

Lynch basically took himself out of the game which was the smartest call anyone made on offense. He hasn't been getting anywhere near his normal production so far this season. He has always had nagging injuries but his timing and judging where the holes are developing seems to be lacking thus far. It could be that this season the pain he endures or the specific nature of his ailments are effecting him mentally. Fortunately this rookie Rawls has stepped up even if it has taken him three games to start running like a professional. Kudos(I hate that word) to Schneider and Carroll for getting rid of Michaels and Turbin and starting to prepare this new kid for the job of taking the pressure off of Lynch. It has been a very long time since someone in a Seahawks uniform besides Marshawn has run for over 100 yards in one game.

Jimmy showed some better glimpses of what he is capable of with his 7 catches for 87 yards and a TD.

Kearse came up big several times this afternoon as did Baldwin.

The Defense still looked disjointed at times , especially in the first half allowing Da Bears several 3rd down conversions that should have been shut down. Tackling in the first half was worrisome. I don't think having Chancellor in on this game really improved the Defense's effort. It will probably improve but today it seemed he was more in the way than not on several occasions. Overall tackling has improved over the first two games as Forte and their other backs were pretty much shut down in the second half.

Our backs and receivers had trouble catching some VERY catchable passes on several occasions. Even the usually sure handed Lynch juggled one pass for several steps before gaining control of the ball before going out of bounds for a big 3rd down(I believe) gain.

6-0 in the first half spoke for it's self and the 20-0 second half was a welcome outcome.

Watching Detroit this evening gives one plenty of hope we will be 2-2 after the next game. With the improvement shown today and the expectation that a similar dialing in and metamorphosis should occur next week the Hawks ARE shaping up to once again to becoming a very formidable opponent.

We did improve in several areas such as Bennett's off sides penalties that helped keep the Rams and the Packers drives alive when previously they were very costly. Just without those brainless screw ups the Hawks could easily be 3-0.

Now about my "honesty"....

shutting out the bears is hardly impressive.
they have a QB who has no business being a starting quarterback in the NFL and is only allowed to keep the job because he obviously has special connections with the owner.

their backup had very little time to get ready for this game so shutting down a backup quarterback who does not appear to be that good and had such little time to get prepared is hardly impressive.lol

I tuned into this game towards the last four minutes of the first half and that was all i watched.Man this team has got some serious issues.Their offensive line struggled so badly they made the Bears D look like the 1985 Chicago Bears defense but the sad thing is it is not a very good defense yet they could only score a mere six points against them in the first half? how pathetic.

Its going to be a very long year for the Seahawks and they are going to have to address their offensive line in the off season the fact it is still struggling against poor defenses.

With 3 + minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Hawks 20-0 over the Bears. What are the Hawks proving today beating the Bears? Absolutely nothing!
Why is there even a thread on this game?........:disbelief:

could not have said it better myself.:clap:

The Bears play like a bunch of high school kids and have a quarterback who has no business being a starter in the NFL so pretty pointless thread.

Its the same as if making a thread for the pats and Jaguars game.The Jags are a team not worthy of being in the NFL either so it was easy to predict the score would be what it was.same with this game.

shutting out the bears is hardly impressive.
they have a QB who has no business being a starting quarterback in the NFL and is only allowed to keep the job because he obviously has special connections with the owner.

their backup had very little time to get ready for this game so shutting down a backup quarterback who does not appear to be that good and had such little time to get prepared is hardly impressive.lol

I tuned into this game towards the last four minutes of the first half and that was all i watched.Man this team has got some serious issues.Their offensive line struggled so badly they made the Bears D look like the 1985 Chicago Bears defense but the sad thing is it is not a very good defense yet they could only score a mere six points against them in the first half? how pathetic.

Its going to be a very long year for the Seahawks and they are going to have to address their offensive line in the off season the fact it is still struggling against poor defenses.

Chicago problems are not with their defense its their offense that sucks. 10 punts without moving the ball will wear down any defense that has to spend that much time on the field, even New England or Green Bay's defense would suffer under those conditions.

I thought it was impressive because the Seattle defense didn't allow the Bears to cross Seattle 45 yard line. 98 yards passing and only 48 yards rushing. Thank you Kam!
The fact is Seattle made Chicago look like they really belonged at number 32 in the power ranking in the NFL.

Now the offense....blaming the offensive line for four sacks? How about Wilson holding the ball too long, at times he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.
Rawls has 105 yards and the rushing offensive averaged 5.5 per carry.
Like I said in another post, Seattle has a tendency to play to down to the level of teams like Chicago. But having Lockett, Graham and Rawls, who is another undrafted player that Seattle and Carroll signed for a half a million who could be Lynch's replacement in the long run, all have shined so far and I believe the rest of the league has taken notice.

It's safe to say the Seahawks didn't impress anyone with this win.

:thup:

I found the win impressed me...Lockett kick off return, Rawls 105 rushing yards, Graham 7 catches with one TD and even Sherman punt return all were impressive. Seattle defense forcing 10 punts and only allow 48 yards passing and 98 yards rushing by a team that was determined to run the ball were impressive.

I found the win impressed me...Lockett kick off return, Rawls 105 rushing yards, Graham 7 catches with one TD and even Sherman punt return all were impressive. Seattle defense forcing 10 punts and only allow 48 yards passing and 98 yards rushing by a team that was determined to run the ball were impressive.

They were playing the absolute worst Defense in the NFL and only managed to score 6 points in the first half.

That is not impressive.

They were playing the absolute worst Defense in the NFL and only managed to score 6 points in the first half.

That is not impressive.

That is not impressive.

thats the understatement of the year.:thup:

The Hawks had some good plays but need to get the offensive and defense tuned up. It looks like the Bears had a good defense anyway so I wouldn't call it an easy win.

I enjoyed the trick play that allowed Sherman the great return but thought Why play that card against the Bears? They should have pulled that on the Rams as pay back when they did it to Seattle. Now it has been seen and can't be tried again...or maybe it can lol

Forum List

Back