D Senators protect big banks

The Dems also kicked out homeowners who couldn't cover their mortgages....but bailed out the mortgage holders. We have record number of EMPTY homes in America today. Actually more empty homes than there are homeless.
The giant tax giveaway by the Obama admin...bailed out the banks...but not the homeowners who lost everything.
And the trillion dollar stimulus, where O paid his buds off and fleeced the taxpayer.
There were no other options, guys. The Fed had no other options than to prop up the banks, which had foolishly loaded up on -- and sold, and shorted -- shit securities. Credit markets were frozen, and it was going to take (a) a lot of money and (b) a lot of time to get them circulating again.

What was done had nothing to do with politics.

HAhahahaha....
Yes, and this perfectly explains that even as late as 2015, when Investment firms were lining up years of record profits... the O administration was still handing out our money to them. Even after repeatedly using our money to invest in overseas ventures...Obama continued to hand out the money. One year after the collapse, you might remember the story that broke that several Wall Street firms gave out record bonuses to execs....yet Obama had only began to provide free money.

Wow...the blind are truly blind.
Yes, the under-regulated banks were able to take some of the money and hand it out like candy. In essence, the fire was so large that we had to spray money on it like water, and some of it was comically mis-used. That doesn't change the fact that we had no other choices.

Now, tell me what you would have done under current laws at the time, so that I can enlighten my fellow CFPs and financial advisors on this issue. It's nice to know that I finally have a source for the real truth on this!

HAhahahaha....
Yes, and this perfectly explains that even as late as 2015, when Investment firms were lining up years of record profits... the O administration was still handing out our money to them. Even after repeatedly using our money to invest in overseas ventures...Obama continued to hand out the money. One year after the collapse, you might remember the story that broke that several Wall Street firms gave out record bonuses to execs....yet Obama had only began to provide free money.

Yet you Wingnuts keep bending over for the big banks.

Battered Housewife Republicans, everyone

Hahaha.... It was Obama that blindly propped up the banks for 8 years, that despite record profits - continued to get more and more and more free money - but it is conservatives that bend over for them.

The stupidity knows no limits.

There were no other options, guys. The Fed had no other options than to prop up the banks, which had foolishly loaded up on -- and sold, and shorted -- shit securities. Credit markets were frozen, and it was going to take (a) a lot of money and (b) a lot of time to get them circulating again.

Oh yes it did. It was the politicians who helped the banks and then ran to the taxpayer to bail them out. The taxpayer should have never bailed them out.
What was the alternative? Businesses couldn't get short term cash flow loans. From GE to your neighborhood store, money was frozen.

Within a week there's no bread on the shelves. Literally.

What would you have done, exactly?

I would have let them and the fed burn to the ground. Yeah, it would have been rough for a few years but we would have survived and exponentially stronger.
Well, you're right, we all would have burned to the ground. It would have happened within a month, and would have made the Great Depression look like a family picnic. Globally.

No sensible person was going to let that happen. It was never an option. The question was which tourniquet was going to be applied to stop the heavy bleeding and save the patient. This was pretty much the only one.

You can make that argument. At the same time, there are plenty of legitimate economist who say the exact opposite.
For instance, the automotive industry. They were not only bailed out for their losses...they were provided far more taxpayer dollars then they needed.
If you lost your job, and needed a few months mortgage payments and other bill relief... it would be one thing for someone to give you a few $1000 to cover, but something very different if you were given $20,000. That is what happened. They were not only given money to cover sales losses from the crash, but given money to recover from 10 years of bad decisions and management. An dthen given more, which they took and built factories overseas.
We could have avoided bailing out the auto industry, if that situation had existed in a vacuum. Agreed. But it didn't, it looked like fallout from the meltdown and everyone was scrambling around trying to quell panic, which was spreading quickly.

Otherwise, the auto bailouts and the bank bailouts/QE were different animals.

The Dems also kicked out homeowners who couldn't cover their mortgages....but bailed out the mortgage holders. We have record number of EMPTY homes in America today. Actually more empty homes than there are homeless.
The giant tax giveaway by the Obama admin...bailed out the banks...but not the homeowners who lost everything.
And the trillion dollar stimulus, where O paid his buds off and fleeced the taxpayer.

HAhahahaha....

Yes, the under-regulated banks were able to take some of the money and hand it out like candy. In essence, the fire was so large that we had to spray money on it like water, and some of it was comically mis-used. That doesn't change the fact that we had no other choices.

Now, tell me what you would have done under current laws at the time, so that I can enlighten my fellow CFPs and financial advisors on this issue. It's nice to know that I finally have a source for the real truth on this!

Nope, you don't get to do that.
You cannot excuse disastrous poor decision making by simply stating "well what would you have done... oh, don't know??"...and use that to continue to defend one of the greatest corruption moves in world history.
Which by the way, is still happening.

HAhahahaha....

You cannot excuse disastrous poor decision making by simply stating "well what would you have done... oh, don't know??"...and use that to continue to defend one of the greatest corruption moves in world history.
I'm merely dealing in reality, which is what had to be done at the time.

Second-guessing after the fact is easy. No one had any answers at the time, NO ONE, and this was all they had.

HAhahahaha....

Second-guessing after the fact is easy. No one had any answers at the time, NO ONE, and this was all they had.

Not it isn't.
Bad decisions are what they are, bad decisions.
Effectively, no REALITY....is that the government created a false mortgage economy, and an overall false economy based on debt as income. Craftily and ingeniously created by Alan Greenspan. That in all levels of our society, the economy could be bolstered by simply providing unprecedented credit to all comers.
And then, who would have guessed, it all came crashing down, And that same government collected taxes from us - and used it to bailout that corruption...and then continued handing it out to build a new false economy.
And it is still happpening today.
THAT is reality.
And there is no excuse for it.

HAhahahaha....

Not it isn't.
Bad decisions are what they are, bad decisions.
Effectively, no REALITY....is that the government created a false mortgage economy, and an overall false economy based on debt as income. Craftily and ingeniously created by Alan Greenspan. That in all levels of our society, the economy could be bolstered by simply providing unprecedented credit to all comers.
And then, who would have guessed, it all came crashing down, And that same government collected taxes from us - and used it to bailout that corruption...and then continued handing it out to build a new false economy.
And it is still happpening today.
THAT is reality.
And there is no excuse for it.
In late 2008, the American financial system was in collapse. It wasn't in danger of collapsing, it wasn't about to collapse, it wasn't thinking about collapsing. It was in collapse.

When all was said and done, when all options were explored, there were effectively two choices: Takeover (socialization) of both the banking and credit markets, at least "temporarily", or throwing money at it, hoping enough stuck. That's it. And of course, socialization wasn't going to happen, especially with a Republican in the White House.

Populist/partisan pie-throwing after the fact is worthless, and it purposely ignores how quickly and completely things were falling apart. They did whatever they had to do to save the patient, and I'm glad they did.

Hahaha.... It was Obama that blindly propped up the banks for 8 years, that despite record profits - continued to get more and more and more free money - but it is conservatives that bend over for them.

I realize that the mean old black man scared you.... but you really need to get over it.

Obama saved the economy. Not to worry, Cheeto Jesus will fuck it up again soon enough.

Oh yes it did. It was the politicians who helped the banks and then ran to the taxpayer to bail them out. The taxpayer should have never bailed them out.
What was the alternative? Businesses couldn't get short term cash flow loans. From GE to your neighborhood store, money was frozen.

Within a week there's no bread on the shelves. Literally.

What would you have done, exactly?

I would have let them and the fed burn to the ground. Yeah, it would have been rough for a few years but we would have survived and exponentially stronger.
Well, you're right, we all would have burned to the ground. It would have happened within a month, and would have made the Great Depression look like a family picnic. Globally.

No sensible person was going to let that happen. It was never an option. The question was which tourniquet was going to be applied to stop the heavy bleeding and save the patient. This was pretty much the only one.

Of course it was never going to happen but is what should have happened.
Allow our economy to disintegrate, create millions of homeless, massive unemployment, guarantee extended global suffering, when there is a way to avoid it?

I have children. No way, no thanks. We stop the bleeding and then institute rules that assure us that this will never happen again.

Which, of course, we have chosen not to do.

I have a child too. There will be nothing left when she grows up because we failed to stop a relentless out of control govt .We just allowed the status quo and endless bubbles.

I realize that the mean old black man scared you.... but you really need to get over it.

Obama saved the economy. Not to worry, Cheeto Jesus will fuck it up again soon enough.

The only think scary about the brown buffoon was his worthless foreign and domestic policies.

I have a child too. There will be nothing left when she grows up because we failed to stop a relentless out of control govt .We just allowed the status quo and endless bubbles.

Okay, here's where you are getting a little silly.

The government isn't the problem here. It could be more efficient, it could spend and tax more fairly and practically.

The problem is

1) Wealth distribution is completely off, where the bottom 40% have less than 1% of the wealth and the top 1% have 43% of the wealth.

2) Not enough replacement workers to cover the ones who are retiring.

3) The new economy jobs don't pay as well as the old economy jobs.

But since we won't give government the kind of authority to fix these things, I don't see them being fixed any time soon.

HAhahahaha....

Thats what they told us. They also told us that their previous legislation was never going to lead us to the collapse of 2008 .

The D Party is a bad joke (exactly like the Rs), but the rank and file don’t know it. They are too busy screaming incoherently
...TRUMP
...RUSSIA
...PUTIN
...GUNS
...NRA

All the while ignoring the party’s continued lies, corruption, and screwing of Bernie.

Sad...very sad. This should open eyes, but won’t.
DXs-OdtUMAUoFtK.jpg

Yes, each side fights each other over these half fake issues that aren't really proper issues, in order to make it look like choice. At the same time they're both scratching each other's backs.

Time for Proportional Representation to bring Democracy to the US for the first time.

The only think scary about the brown buffoon was his worthless foreign and domestic policies.

Yeah, Peace and Prosperity... that was tots fucked up, man.

You see, when I was a kid back in the 1970's, my parents said, "Republicans give us Recessions, and Democrats give us wars". Clearly, from their viewpoint, both were bad.

Today Republicans give us wars and recessions...

Okay, here's where you are getting a little silly.

The government isn't the problem here. It could be more efficient, it could spend and tax more fairly and practically.

The problem is

1) Wealth distribution is completely off, where the bottom 40% have less than 1% of the wealth and the top 1% have 43% of the wealth.

2) Not enough replacement workers to cover the ones who are retiring.

3) The new economy jobs don't pay as well as the old economy jobs.

But since we won't give government the kind of authority to fix these things, I don't see them being fixed any time soon.

The govt fixing something?! You have to be joking. Stimulus, bank bailouts, bubbles, endless wars? You call that fixing things?

You see, when I was a kid back in the 1970's, my parents said, "Republicans give us Recessions, and Democrats give us wars". Clearly, from their viewpoint, both were bad.

Again, both parties are complicit in their wars. W rolled in and O extended the wars. W could only dream of what O extended.

The govt fixing something?! You have to be joking. Stimulus, bank bailouts, bubbles, endless wars? You call that fixing things?

Okay, guy, really too early in the morning to deal with Libertarian Children.

Unfortunately, that's not libertarian speak. Its just how bad our govt is. It would really be nice of they ever did offer up a real solution. I'm not against it.

Forum List

Back