Cynic American -- Pedophilia

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Okay CA ... bring it ... lets see your factual evidence that pedophilia and homosexuality are interrelated. You keep running your mouth but so far have supported not a damned thing.

But let's start minus your baseless assumption that I apologize or defend either.

I'm a firm believer in taking pedophiles out back and putting a .45 to their heads. Hope that clears THAT up for you.

There's a BIG difference between what two consenting adults do in private and an adult preying on a minor.

Further, while I firmly believe one can be both a homosexual and a pedophile, I do not believe homosexuality leads to pedophilia for the simple reason that there is no evidence to support such a notion that is not either contrived, and/or a LONG stretch of the truth.

Some pedophiles also happen to be homosexuals....just as the rest happen to be hetero. That's above and beyond the pedophilia, which is a different animal. Most pedophiles don't care if they're molesting a boy or a girl, it's the fact that it's a child that is the deal with them.

I've worked with these guys. Pedophilia is such a convoluted mess that it's impossible to unravel it. All you can do is protect the public from them, and keep them from making more child molesters.

Some pedophiles also happen to be homosexuals....just as the rest happen to be hetero. That's above and beyond the pedophilia, which is a different animal. Most pedophiles don't care if they're molesting a boy or a girl, it's the fact that it's a child that is the deal with them.

I've worked with these guys. Pedophilia is such a convoluted mess that it's impossible to unravel it. All you can do is protect the public from them, and keep them from making more child molesters.

Interesting. It is my opinion that one can be both homosexual/heterosexual AND a pedophile. You're saying that gender is irrelevant to a pedophile. What supports this argument?

I ask because I can think of no case that was (inter)nationally broadcast where such was the case.

Interesting. It is my opinion that one can be both homosexual/heterosexual AND a pedophile. You're saying that gender is irrelevant to a pedophile. What supports this argument?

I ask because I can think of no case that was (inter)nationally broadcast where such was the case.

I've read some things that say that, too. The hypothesis is that the pedophile is attracted to youth and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with gender. I haven't seen any examples of pedophiles, however, who molest both boys AND girls. So, I'm not sure how much validity that type of comment has.

It depends on definition.

There are in my jurisdiction statutes which punish people for sexual activity with people below a certain age. The age for consensual sex between heterosexuals is 17 and for homosexuals it's 18. Now someone having sex with an underage person isn't a paedophile, they're a criminal yes, but not a paedophile.

The term paedophile refers to those people who have sex with much younger children.

2.4 The diagnostic criteria for paedophilia set out in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders are often referred to, although of course they have been devised for medical, not law enforcement, purposes. These criteria are: [note #13]

A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).

B. The fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.

Note: Do not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committee/acc_ctte/completed_inquiries/pre1996/ncapedo/report/c02.htm

Now it seems to me a paedophile can be male or female, heterosexual or homosexual.

I've dealt with pedophiles who are homosexual, and pedophiles who claimed to be hetero, who victimized both boys and girls.

Like I said, it's just so convoluted it's impossible to really pin down anything when it comes to causation and what is the "norm" for a pedophile.

I've dealt with paedophiles who were male and whose victims were both male and female. I didn't broach the subject of their own sexuality with them, that becomes too accusatory and it puts them on the defensive when dealing with them.

When you're dealing with offenders sexuality is something that has to come up, because they can't learn to deal with it if they never address it. And the most important aspect of sexuality is, what sort of adult relationship would you pursue?

Though honestly, most only want to pursue adult relationships if by doing so, they can bring in more kids.

My dealings with them was to keep them from re-offending, which meant preparing information for the Courts and safety strategies for the group homes they lived in. I've literally been buried in paperwork and contacts all about every detail of their lives. Psych reports and psych interviews, referrals, history, court documents, police reports, life plans, etc. Plus one on one daily interaction/supervision.

Forum List

Back